What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The DEFINITIVE OG Kush History

JetLife175

Veteran
420giveaway
ok so this is 1999 -2000

I have no skin in the OGK game except the Coptics were growing Kush in the late 70’s up north

forcing it outdoors

and //I mentioned Kush In my song “the kushy song” written in 1979 and recorded in '83

I don't purport to be anyone..but do have conflicting info..

km

Kushyman..written in 1978

No you don't have conflicting info.

We are speaking about two different things.

Once again. About the kush cutting or OG kush cutting mentioned in the threads original post.

Everyone wants to claim something im sure you are telling the truth. We are just telling the truth about two different things.

Medfinder

Chemon 91
Meeting swerve at Kevin"s NNCC Reseda 16 years ago and getting seeds that led to me breeding Chemon 91 was a job that took years in the making.
After the county in socal stopped issuing 99 plant recommendations I stopped growing.

2 weeks ago an buddy asked me to sift some shake.hmm...unknown genetics?I'll see what grows.

I should drive up to a well know socal collective and get real deal though.

Chemon 91
1686844738877.png

Dutchland

Great job sourcing this info and putting it together. Facts certainly beats gossip and camp fire stories no matter how entertaining they may be. Now can you clarify the REAL origin of "420" I've heard several different versions 😉 JK (Who cares)
My first grow in 2006 I bought Rez's Sour D and DJ Short's Grape Krush from Seed Boutique and my freebies were Sagamartha's 60/40... since they were freebies and due to the name I didn't think much of them, so I never germinated them. Just goes to show you.
Living on the east coast I was sooo sick of reading about OG Kush this and that... I guess I was just green with envy🤑
It wasn't until SR made west coast flower available to me, I got an 1/8th of OG Kush and finally experienced what all the hype was about...😍 Been chasing her since.
All these years later and I finally have a clone of SFV-from a legit source not Swerve's bastard-coming any day now along with GSC Forum cut.🚀
I've done my research and SFV seems to be one of the best OGs... Next OGK clone on my list is King Louis XIII 🕵️‍♀️🕵️‍♀

Desert Dan

Veteran
Great job sourcing this info and putting it together. Facts certainly beats gossip and camp fire stories no matter how entertaining they may be. Now can you clarify the REAL origin of "420" I've heard several different versions 😉 JK (Who cares)
My first grow in 2006 I bought Rez's Sour D and DJ Short's Grape Krush from Seed Boutique and my freebies were Sagamartha's 60/40... since they were freebies and due to the name I didn't think much of them, so I never germinated them. Just goes to show you.
Living on the east coast I was sooo sick of reading about OG Kush this and that... I guess I was just green with envy🤑
It wasn't until SR made west coast flower available to me, I got an 1/8th of OG Kush and finally experienced what all the hype was about...😍 Been chasing her since.
All these years later and I finally have a clone of SFV-from a legit source not Swerve's bastard-coming any day now along with GSC Forum cut.🚀
I've done my research and SFV seems to be one of the best OGs... Next OGK clone on my list is King Louis XIII 🕵️‍♀️🕵️‍♀
I like the Louis best… Heaviest stone of the ogs I’ve ran and a flavor that makes you say damn that’s straight kush!

Also the the most viney, noodle stemmed growth 🤷‍♂️

-DD

Dutchland

I like the Louis best… Heaviest stone of the ogs I’ve ran and a flavor that makes you say damn that’s straight kush!

Also the the most viney, noodle stemmed growth 🤷‍♂️

-DD
I just received my first clone only cut today after years of trying. A healthy looking King Louis XIII clone. I also have in-route GSC Forum, SFV OG, Irene OG, 09 Animal Cookies, Gelato 41, Trinity, and Banana OG cuts 🤩

Attachments

• 20230816_023609.jpg
    20230816_023609.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 70
  • 20230815_110302.jpg
    20230815_110302.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 80

luposolitario

420giveaway
ehi all lovers og, some run legend og? crinkle , just to know whi have get a pack for have goods exsample phenotipe pics, good growing ewerione!

luposolitario

420giveaway
i have crinkle the old canadian clone but it is not og
hi bro , this is label : legend og crinkle ,have phone off whi not have show pic,tenk for the repli, is by fullmelts genetics, have get the cross x 3 chems , triforce, hope good same ehehe

Reactions: Rgd

JetLife175

Veteran
420giveaway
Newbies want listen but the ghost1pk is actually a selfed Hollywood Kush minus the extreme stretch. We all know by now that the Hollywood PK is also selfed.
The ghost cutting was popped before the Hollywood so I'm not sure that lines up. Hollywood pk is for sure a s1 of the Josh D.

Ghost was the cut kid gave ghost. If kid says it's a selfed seed then I would believe it.

Week 4

Finally found a OG Kush thread..not much out there. OG Kush is said to be for intermediate growers, not for the novice. Which kind of has me humbled, as I've tried three diffrent grows with subpar results (indoor tent) Getting better with each attempt. I wanted to ask the experienced growers here about the purple branching this plant gets, is that normal? I grew an OG Kush next to a Silver Haze and the haze was a healthy green the entire grow where the Kush turned purple. I'm guessing this Kush likes an extra dosing of calcium and phosphorous (during the stretch)?
PXL_20230919_233230983~2.jpg PXL_20230917_152107302~2.jpg

Last edited:

JetLife175

Veteran
420giveaway
I just saw the pics. That purpling on the leaf is fine. The Josh D does that. From what I'm seeing and going solely based off of those photos I would recommend...

5ml per gal cal mag until week 6-7. Week 6 start with a PK booster and run it until week 9. Plants may need more calmag. I've gone as high as 7ml per feeding. Week 9 the feeding stops and you go straight PHd RO water until 10.5 weeks.

If you have an early OG cut you shouldn't really start seeing weight until week 7-8.

OGs typically stretch into week 5 or so. Refraining from giving it a Pk booster during the stretch will minimize it.

Week 4

I just saw the pics. That purpling on the leaf is fine. The Josh D does that. From what I'm seeing and going solely based off of those photos I would recommend...

5ml per gal cal mag until week 6-7. Week 6 start with a PK booster and run it until week 9. Plants may need more calmag. I've gone as high as 7ml per feeding. Week 9 the feeding stops and you go straight PHd RO water until 10.5 weeks.

If you have an early OG cut you shouldn't really start seeing weight until week 7-8.

OGs typically stretch into week 5 or so. Refraining from giving it a Pk booster during the stretch will minimize it.
Thanks, all makes sense, appreciate the info.