What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The commercial outdoor strain Thread

outsidegrower

Premium user
Veteran
What strains have you grown that you would consider a commercial outdoor strain?

Two i've grown come to mind. Sensi's Jamaican Pearl, Sags Early Riser.
Jamaican Pearl is the best outdoor strain ive ever grown! large yeilds of the dankest outdoor buds with a soring sativa high. very smooth pine/skunk/woody incense like smoke. flowers kind of late and lots of trimming is the only negitive. I would grow this strain if your market wants a high quality bud.

Sagarmatha Seeds Early Riser is the most frosted bud if ever grown in the great outdoors. A+ on bag apeal. Easy to trim, good high and mint like taste. Finishes middle of september. Needs support on every branch. I would grow this strain if your market goes on bag appeal.

outsidegrower

Premium user
Veteran
Almost forgot about KC's Mango. Big indica bush that flowers late september. Great bag appeal, big fat grape sized calyx's good bag appeal. smooth indica thats light on taste and light on potency but looks great in a lbs bag.

THC123

Veteran
frisian dew

big yield never had less then a pound per plant often a few pounds , mold resistant and there are very potent and tasty phenos

B

buddymate

In the middle of a guesstimated 10-12 kilo(dry and trimmed)grow,the three commercial dutch strains that stand out are Female Seeds Purple Maroc,Easy sativa,and Dutch Passions Frisian Dew(Thanks to THC123)for putting me onto them last year) :tiphat:All three strains would earn you cash :tiphat:

Attachments

• plants september chop. 002 (Medium).jpg
    plants september chop. 002 (Medium).jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 84
  • plants september chop. 001 (Medium).jpg
    plants september chop. 001 (Medium).jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 81
  • Helloooo 013 (Medium).jpg
    Helloooo 013 (Medium).jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 89
  • plants september chop. 003 (Medium).jpg
    plants september chop. 003 (Medium).jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 82
early girl was a good outdoor and they are on sale at the bay some were done by end of aug. not huge plant but alot of bud for plant size must be staked!!!!!smoked like sativa close to a one hit wonder!!!!!!!

Maina

Veteran
In the middle of a guesstimated 10-12 kilo(dry and trimmed)grow,the three commercial dutch strains that stand out are Female Seeds Purple Maroc,Easy sativa,and Dutch Passions Frisian Dew(Thanks to THC123)for putting me onto them last year) :tiphat:All three strains would earn you cash :tiphat:
Did any of them finish by the end of sept and fight of mold?

outsidegrower

Premium user
Veteran
early girl was a good outdoor and they are on sale at the bay some were done by end of aug. not huge plant but alot of bud for plant size must be staked!!!!!smoked like sativa close to a one hit wonder!!!!!!!

what seed bank was your early girl from? I've grown sensi's early girl. very good stealth strain. My eg had a much more stoney indica high and finished mid sept.

F

FIREofKALI

for me its casey jones, frosty potent buds, huge yeild if its grown from April, May...it finished mid October - end of Oct. here at 50N...mold resistant, heavy rain resistant, i grow it 4th time this season...

casey jones 2009
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Feb2006er

Strains that have a high yield when done outdoors and are available in seed form-

NHS (MRN)
Early Haze (MRN)
Critical Mass (MRN)
Super Silver Haze (MRN)
ASH (MRN)
S.A.G.E (THseeds)
Taskenti (CannaBioGen)
Panama (AceSeeds)

All of the strains listed will have a lot of bag appeal: smell, trich coverage, and colors will all be top quality. These strains all have good highs too IMHO.

simos

If you have access to cuts, I would also consider the following:

Arcata Trainwreck
Salmon Creek Big Bud
Goo

B

buddymate

Purple Maroc is currently fetching £5000 a key,super easy to grow,dense buds,excellent smell,some have mistaken it for indoor :tiphat:

Attachments

• Purple maroc. 002 (Medium).jpg
    Purple maroc. 002 (Medium).jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 84

growsjoe1

Premium user
Veteran
420giveaway
Organic or salts? SWT

Attachments

• Swt_3nuggy.jpg
    Swt_3nuggy.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0053-1.jpg
    IMG_0053-1.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_2804.JPG
    IMG_2804.JPG
    93.7 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:

Bud Chopper

What strains have you grown that you would consider a commercial outdoor strain?

Two i've grown come to mind. Sensi's Jamaican Pearl, Sags Early Riser.
Jamaican Pearl is the best outdoor strain ive ever grown! large yeilds of the dankest outdoor buds with a soring sativa high. very smooth pine/skunk/woody incense like smoke. flowers kind of late and lots of trimming is the only negitive. I would grow this strain if your market wants a high quality bud.

Sagarmatha Seeds Early Riser is the most frosted bud if ever grown in the great outdoors. A+ on bag apeal. Easy to trim, good high and mint like taste. Finishes middle of september. Needs support on every branch. I would grow this strain if your market goes on bag appeal.
thanks for sharing USEFUL info.

hamstring

Veteran
thanks for sharing USEFUL info.
Early riser was my first strain I grew outdoors close to 28 yrs ago. As I remember it was a very good outdoor strain. I would like to add Vermontmans Purple satellite. You wont be disappointed with its guerrilla capabilities.

I guess I should have asked what traits do conceder to be commercial?

PS has good bag appeal with long purple buds but it wouldn't be easy to trim. It is however built to handle outdoor conditions. Don't want to mislead anyone because I am not a commercial grower and dont know what peeps are looking for. On the other hand unless you live in a warm climate it will be one of the few true sativas you can offer your clientele.

Last edited: