What's new

The Blue Jays Thread

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
If any of you know me personally, you would know they dont come much bigger of a fan that I. I absolutely love baseball, I will watch Washington and San Diego if it is on.

But my true love are the Blue Jays. I watch about 100 games a year from home and another half dozen or so at the Rogers Centre.

So basically this year is another scrub, which it was going to be in April, but with the hot start, everyone started thinking they were going to do it.

Well having 1 real major league starter and a bunch of kids, that was not going to happen.

But here is what I think about the starting lineup and who should be doin what

1. Marco Scutaro. This guy has impressed me to no end. Took a fresh start with the Jays after years in Oakland, and is on his final year of his contract. Great lead off man, good eye at plate and average defense. Resign him for another 2

2. Aaron Hill. I was worried after his concussion problems of last year, he would never really be the same, now hitting close to 300 with over 20 Dingers halfway through.. This guy is a stud and should be someone they build team around.

3. Alex Rios. I used to love this guy..not so much anymore. I consider him too overpaid and too underproducing.. Has a rocket launcher for an arm, but that does not win you games. We need this guy to start hitting for average and power, neither has happened for 2 years now. Incidentally signed a large contract right before then.

4. Scott Rolen. This guys kicks ass, but is now a member of the REDS, in a 4 player deal announced today, glad I did not get my Rolen jersey I had my eyes on.

5. Lyle Overbay. Trade this guy before he is worth nothing. Maybe we can get some bats for him.

6. Vernon Wells. Talented, but overpaid, so much so, that he wont be able to be moved. I wanted them to trade him before he signed his new contract, but too late for that now

7. Adam Lind. see Aaron Hill without the concussion

8. Rod Barajas. Sure he is fat and slow, but calls a good game, works well with Doc and hits one out now and then..could be worse, could be Gregg Zaun

9. Pitchers
Halladay- I think the best there is. A true gentleman and a great athlete, his dedication to Toronto has been great.

Romero- I cant wait to see what this kid does for the rest of the year. Could be the future ace.

Carlsson- Well not so good of a year this year, but has a crazy delivery that is hard to see, so ends up getting out of alot of jams.

Tallet- Admirable job this year as starter, but you were made for the pen

Accardo- I like this guy, throws hard and is fast to work, shot his mouth off a bit when sent to minors to start year, and probably stayed there longer as a result, but a very hard worker.

McGowan- was 1 hit away from no hitter last year, Get well and get back, we need you

Marcum- Gone for rest of year most likely(tommy john) but is a great talent, and need to be in lineup.

Litsch- Ermm send "shrek" packing

So that is my rundown, what do you other fans think

Don Dump

the man doctors said would never moonwalk again
Veteran
go jays! :woohoo: very good analysis Dr.

another disappointing season. I like our team going into next year though.

Im dreaming but I wish Boston would swap with Detroit into the AL east. then we could have an outside chance. or the league needs a salary cap.

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
yeah salary cap maybe needed

I dont see how anyone needs more than 10 mil a year, I would gladly suit up for a mil a year and you would never hear me complain

Latest posts

Latest posts