What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The best coffeeshops when it comes to quality and price?

ZenBanana

So basically I'm looking for a coffee shops with moderate prices and high quality. I guess my best choice is to look from outside of Amsterdam. Where should I head out?

trichomefarmer

re-loading
Veteran
i would check haarlem its only a 15 min train ride away, and has a handful of nice shops with better prices than amsterdam

mr.haze420

Veteran
hey people this is amsterdam, touristland, yes go to other towns and see what they have to smoke and what they are paying. adventure awaits you

Deft

Get two birds stoned at once
Veteran
Allocate a little more money and smoke the stuff you would choose if they were all the same exact price. I've only been there once but when I go again (on a real trip this time not a layover lol) that is what I am going to do.

I figure why go there and half ass it... Go big or go home lol

ZenBanana

trichomefarmer, I'm deffo visiting haarlem, heard it's a beatiful place also. I've been Amsterdam once before, looking to chill on somewhere more peaceful place also. Amsterdam is pretty hectic, and now that it's cannabis cup and all its even more hectic in coffeeshops, which I don't like that much.

mrhaze420, can you help me out with some good recommendations of strains / coffeeshops I really should try out? :)

Deft, I hear ya. Luckily I got my finances sorted so I don't have to count my pennies, but after my 1st visit in Amsterdam, I would be happy to visit Amsterdam even if I had money to only buy couple of grams for 2-3 days.

Last time I was in Amsterdam I had no knowledge about different strains or what's the difference between sativa and indica. This time I'm gonna be prepared. :p

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
I thought Haarlem a bit boring.. But I suppose that is good, in some cases, lol.. It certainly is near a great big body of water, and that is relaxing anytime....

Residing in a quiet, silent small town, which closes up at 8pm, AMS - yearly - is exactly what the (Mental) Doctor ordered.

It is easy to get sucked in, and buy quite a few unnecessary sacks of buds that just do not DO it... lol... If one is choosy, and a bit savvy, it is easier to not spend tons on Pretendica, etc....

Make nice with the Budtender, order a drink and tip everyone. Guaranteed that next time, if not this time, you will see better buds to buy - if they have 'em..

The Grower takes the best buds ( as he/she should ), and then down the line, everyone else does the same. Then what makes it to the shop is whatever is left, after the tenders get there share of the best strains. No different in the Medical Clubs here...

Yup. Mr. Haze tells it.. Tell us more..!

For me, Coming from an Organic Medical point of view, the AMS buds are usually no biggie. Unless grown by SOMA, and from his stash.. haha

Although not organic, I prefer the great imported hash... Especially Rifman's (which is at least "natural," if not Organic, I believe.)

I always am on the lookout for real Thai weed/sticks... I saw it on the menu for Green Place - which was not there last year.. Thai is a mild smoke that mixes great in bong hits with all that hash... Even in a pipe. Heavy buzz that way..!

All The Different tastes... In the case of hash, I try to insist even more on quality. Even if it cost a couple E's more..

Or one finds that they have a whole lot of 1/2 smoked small bags of schwag at the end of the trip. I have tossed quite a few, in the earlier trips I took.

See you in Hamster Jam....! Save some water for the fishes..!

Last edited:

southflorida

lives on planet 4:20
Veteran
I think if your are simply visiting and you have average tolerance...quality should be your only concern

for example if you stay 7 days and smoke 2 grams per day that would be only 14 grams multiply by even 15 EUR per gram will give you 210 EUR total for the best possible herb.....compare that to how much money you spent to get there and stay in a hotel...food...entertainment...etc...I don't see a reason to chase after price of weed in amsterdam

JUST GO FOR QUALITY and TASTE.....that's what I do ..... LOL

if you want to buy and take back with you...it is a different story....then its good to find a *connection*...or if for some reason you can't.....simply travel from amsterdam to haarlem on the train and spend a day walking around and getting the discounts from willie wortels theree shops 5 gram deals...plus there are many more shops there to check out

in amsterdam there are many shops also that give great discounts for 5 gram deals...just check out my link in the signature...where the menus are

the few people that have a high tolerance or grow their own weed...most of them....I suspect concentrate on quality anyways...and know where to get the better buds and hash in amsterdam...and surrounding areas

Last edited: