What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The best and worst inventions ever

Cuddles

Digital Music. Starting with the CD and now i can even have my music on my wrist watch and streamed wireless to my tiny earbuds. Kind of futuristic. :cool:

Warm analogue sound is still nice but you know, you can't always and forever have that...
hey, some of us still value records :)

I prefer record players to CD players. I´ve had a number of CD players go bust. Record players last much longer :)

romanoweed

cc.jpg

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Another really spectacular idea we had was our friendship with dogs. The date is fuzzy and it took thousands of years for us to figure it out but it helped teach us the benefits of taming useful wild beasts. After that, we got really busy with aurochs, wild goats, sheep, water buffalo, yaks and eventually, the horse. Of course.

St. Phatty

An animal pet that eats Flies would be very useful.

There's got to be a bird that does this.

"Swallows, swifts, nighthawks, flycatchers, some warblers, and Cedar Waxwings snap up insects flying in the air. Swallows, swifts, and nighthawks fly for hours at a time, snapping up insects on the wing."

I got to get one of them as a pet.

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor

"Swallows, swifts, nighthawks, flycatchers, some warblers, and Cedar Waxwings snap up insects flying in the air. Swallows, swifts, and nighthawks fly for hours at a time, snapping up insects on the wing."

What about frogs?

Cuddles

or spiders? the large invasive Joro spider (about 3" "wingspan") builds webs up to 10 feet in diameter...yeah, that would play hell in the living room, but think of the flies it would catch...:good:
and another pet to eat the spiders, moths and other insects which find their way into my home would be nice too :)
Especially those bastard fruit flies which plague my kitchen every summer.

Cuddles

how about flesh eating plants? But they tend to give off a terrible odour from what I hear.
Mind you, might be great to cover up the smell of pot plants.
- Growing pot in you flat?
A.: what me? NEVER. It´s that plant that eats the insects! LOL :biggrin:

Could these plants keep the borg and other bugs out of the grow space?

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
and another pet to eat the spiders, moths and other insects which find their way into my home would be nice too :)
A friend of mine - has a cat that looks at a house or an apartment as a veritable Serengeti - full of juicy insects to hunt and eat - spending hours entertained by jumping around taking moths and flies and wasps - swatted out of the air - and chasing down spiders and other creepy crawlies - its entertaining just watching it all - for me -
- so maybe you need a cat Cuddles?
☆ - cats and dogs are great inventions -

Cuddles

A friend of mine - has a cat that looks at a house or an apartment as a veritable Serengeti - full of juicy insects to hunt and eat - spending hours entertained by jumping around taking moths and flies and wasps - swatted out of the air - and chasing down spiders and other creepy crawlies - its entertaining just watching it all - for me -
- so maybe you need a cat Cuddles?
☆ - cats and dogs are great inventions -
lol, but I really don´t like cats . And the fact that they jump on everything and f*ck everything up is just one of the reasons :biglaugh:
I´ve known people with cats but they mentioned theirs chasing insects! Maybe your friends cat was a bug terminator or a bird in a previous life? :biggrin:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
lol, but I really don´t like cats . And the fact that they jump on everything and f*ck everything up is just one of the reasons :biglaugh:
I´ve known people with cats but they mentioned theirs chasing insects! Maybe your friends cat was a bug terminator or a bird in a previous life? :biggrin:
ours has caught and eaten spiders, moths, crickets, rollie-pollies (sp?), flies etc all summer. she caught a small snake (VERY small) but we rescued it from her. eat up with garter snakes...that was the first in the basement though.

Cuddles

ours has caught and eaten spiders, moths, crickets, rollie-pollies (sp?), flies etc all summer. she caught a small snake (VERY small) but we rescued it from her. eat up with garter snakes...that was the first in the basement though.
a snake? wow, you got one hell of a fearless cat !! :p
:cool:

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
A white bowl, with some cider vinegar in it, covered with shrink warp with a "tiny" little slit cut in the top. Woila! A fruit fly trap. It takes about a week to eradicate the fuckers. :biggrin:

Cuddles

A white bowl, with some cider vinegar in it, covered with shrink warp with a "tiny" little slit cut in the top. Woila! A fruit fly trap. It takes about a week to eradicate the fuckers. :biggrin:
yes, I know -I use a tall container and yes, acv is great for catching them but they´re never completely gone :(
leftover beer and wine work well too btw

Latest posts

Latest posts