What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The 10,000 picture on one camera club

J

JackTheGrower

Hell! I wondered why the pictures I had just taken were not at the bottom of the view window when I went to look at them on the computer..

It had rolled past 9999 and was on 0012 again..

Sony CyberShot DSC5.. Had the lens cover stick the other day and it made a "slit" picture but it hasn't stuck since then..

The Zoom button we damaged in Amsterdam after a tumble to the floor.

I have to admit I admire the camera's of today.

Jack

Last edited:

netwerx

I have a Sony Alpha 300 DSLR and im on almost 30000 shot and have only had it only a bit over a year. LOL

Ipsissimus

damn how much space do they have? wouldn't 40k of pics be at least 40 gigs, if not way more for some of your hi res pics?

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Jack..nice thread..good to see firends with this 10K number in common. I can not tell you how many images I have on either of my 20D or 50D..but my older 20D has rolled past that 9999 mark many times, how can one determine exactly how many the Canons have taken?. For instance, in the last week alone shooting humming birds I'm averaging over 200 images a day, most are not keepers. Though my last shoot I captured 282 images, 50 I kept..I'm picky too! Keep the 10K stroies comming friends..DD

edit: Ipsiss...we are talking about how many times the shutter has captured an image on a single camera. The images are stored in a memory card then downloaded elsewhere. Thus the camera is not storing all those shots. Welcome to the forum..DD

Last edited:

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
thank you Paddi...Randude..I can believe "like crazy" if you really live in S America..there are so many images that must pop up every day, just the scenery alone would keep one busy. DD

Last edited:
J

JackTheGrower

10,000 seems like a good threshold for the camera owner who gets in to it!

DD your shots are fantastic!

Hey forgive me but to get close up shots is it macro or Micro.. I think Micro..

My next camera will do way more than this Sony 5mp.. Great respect to Sony and that camera! I still can take great shots with it but I want to keep it for special occasions now. It's an old friend.

So on the subject.. I thought to ask how people organize all those photos..

I find reviewing photos is like cleaning my bedroom.. I find things I haven't seen for a long time and spend too much time enjoying each photo.

TooNormal

Canon EOS as well: 20K+ on my D30, ~~ 10K on my 10D

DoobieDuck: there's a shutter Info utility (google EOSInfo) that can see your 50D's shutter count, just not your 20D (or any of mine) as it's not in the SDK apparently on those.

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks toonormal..I'll look into it. I was shooting at a collective near me and at my own grow for the last 6 weeks averaging over 300 images a day...pretty sure my 50 is over now..DD

Latest posts

Latest posts