What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thailand

Slow-grow

Hello gents and ladies, ive currently been living in Thailand in the north, for the last 4years.
I have seen the change from it being thai/lloas compressed brick weed , some a lot better then others , the greener the better .
But now every street corner has a dispensary. The weed is expensive , most im talking about is $15-25 yes thats us dollar price .
But dispensarys and their weed is not what im here for is to show some of Thailands more natural herb/ the brick weed and the modern day thai stick , with some pics. Funny these pics are pulled from Facebook adds ! Well some of them . Hows things have changed ay?

Attachments

• 8B80C8F6-B1B6-48B8-8F07-99361BDDF32A.png
    8B80C8F6-B1B6-48B8-8F07-99361BDDF32A.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 119
  • CBDA8ED8-9606-4520-9360-ED042F0C1FB1.png
    CBDA8ED8-9606-4520-9360-ED042F0C1FB1.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 112
  • 82ECA165-51F3-4451-A15A-4DEE25B7C3F9.png
    82ECA165-51F3-4451-A15A-4DEE25B7C3F9.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 112
  • 7791CD38-FC93-41AF-8F9A-E6CE97A843EF.jpeg
    7791CD38-FC93-41AF-8F9A-E6CE97A843EF.jpeg
    277.8 KB · Views: 122
  • 9CC32084-9B64-4C21-9AB6-0CE0BCF20300.jpeg
    9CC32084-9B64-4C21-9AB6-0CE0BCF20300.jpeg
    458.1 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:

Slow-grow

Also if you guys want pics from the dispensary i can oblige. There are quite a few poping up now but as was said the prices in most are expensive but you can find proper ones with decent prices , i use one in particular that prices range from 200bhat ( £5) to 800 bhat (20) . A lot of the others will start from maybe 600 bhat(£15) to over 1000bhat (£25) . These are per gram prices

. But like i said there are some good ones with interesting weed and good prices and others that are in my opinion expensive and the weed although good (as in will knock you on you arse) have no character , over fertilised a lot of pgr i think used .
Dont get me wrong i love that its acceptable now over here . Just find yourself the right dispensary and youll be good.

Slow-grow

Sawadeekhap
last pic is 10 grs of brick for 120 baht? 50 grs for 500 bath?
Is the same quality as the brick from 10 years ago?

Have you tried the cobs from first pic? Are they fermented? Different from the common brick? How is the high?

Thank you for posting
Wadee krup , the brick is really cheap now because the indoor flower is what people want .
But i enjoy a smoke of the greener fresher brick , the older one is a bit to musky for me . The cobs I’ve not tried but they do pek my interest.
Being out here tho for me it about finding them sativa’s which you can get some amazing stuff . The sativa is not reall grown commercially because of the long flowering time but people will have them around .
I even found some thai sativa at a dispensary that was to my likening .
The high from the brick is mild , the hifh from a proper flowered sativa is another level , very cerebral and uplifting.
Hope that helps

Slow-grow

Sawadeekhap
last pic is 10 grs of brick for 120 baht? 50 grs for 500 bath?
Is the same quality as the brick from 10 years ago?

Have you tried the cobs from first pic? Are they fermented? Different from the common brick? How is the high?

Thank you for posting
sawadee krup 🙏 the brick i think is just the over stock from the last at least 4 years ( as long as ive been here )
But now you are now seeing a much greener fresher brick, even now you can get what im pretty sure is the herb they grow over in loas but methods have changed.
The buds darker but actual buds , a few seeds but know where near what it used to be , so they must be finally pulling most the male plants now . and i hear this from reliable sources liken owners of a dispensary who im real close with , like help him set up grow to getting cheaper prices hanging outside of work hours kinda close so im pretty sure he knows whats going down .
the cobs , unfortunately no i haven’t tried the cobs but i do mean to try them soon .
so i have no idea about fermentation, but i do onow the older bricks its like there fermented in their package ? im not sure if this is how they normally do it that way or not.
where theres very little demand for these types of herbs . it seem the majority of thebpot heads are of this nee age of thc content and names and grown packed with pgr’sand they love it , so it what sells .
i mean dont get me wrong there are a lot of folk that know there stuff and do like this kind of herb, me being one of then , against the pgr packed crap. organic all the way

Thighland

How about Socially ?

Is Cannabis use accepted among Thai Yuppies ?

I know Thai university professors use it, but do they use it publicly, or do they stay in the closet ?
I would say it's accepted among the yuppies, the dispensaries are all young Thais with American accents, possibly international school and/or education. Thai university professors have become a very conservative bunch, not like the 70s. The only one I've seen interviewed was a med pro from Chula who wanted ganga illegal again.

Slow-grow

I would say it's accepted among the yuppies, the dispensaries are all young Thais with American accents, possibly international school and/or education. Thai university professors have become a very conservative bunch, not like the 70s. The only one I've seen interviewed was a med pro from Chula who wanted ganga illegal again.
i would say yes this true , especially in bangkok. chiang mai has loads popping up but the one that i use ive seen rice farmers to monks in their buying the thai weed . but your right the majority up here is expats , hi-so, backpackers and tourists .

Last edited:

goingrey

Very cool to see thanks for posting!

How much is the hash/kief selling for? 90 baht a gram, or 4 grams?

Second Thai hash I see. The "no THC extracts" rule is for solvent extracts only? Or they just don't care about the rule?

Slow-grow

the hash you get for 90bhat would be utter trash , anything decent is like 400/500 bhat but its top quality. yeah the solvents thing is that you dont see it sold in the dispensarys but online you can get a vape pen , ive got 2 that are really strong a 100% indica and a 100% sativa. but hashish seems fine its only the solvents like bho , rosin . edibles and gummy’s seem fike which is strange but well this is Thailand after all 🙏🙏🙏

Slow-grow

the hash you get for 90bhat would be utter trash , anything decent is like 400/500 bhat but its top quality. yeah the solvents thing is that you dont see it sold in the dispensarys but online you can get a vape pen , ive got 2 that are really strong a 100% indica and a 100% sativa. but hashish seems fine its only the solvents like bho , rosin . edibles and gummy’s seem fike which is strange but well this is Thailand after all 🙏🙏🙏

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Wadee krup , the brick is really cheap now because the indoor flower is what people want .
But i enjoy a smoke of the greener fresher brick , the older one is a bit to musky for me . The cobs I’ve not tried but they do pek my interest.
Being out here tho for me it about finding them sativa’s which you can get some amazing stuff . The sativa is not reall grown commercially because of the long flowering time but people will have them around .
I even found some thai sativa at a dispensary that was to my likening .
The high from the brick is mild , the hifh from a proper flowered sativa is another level , very cerebral and uplifting.
Hope that helps
i wonder what they would think of the strains grown indoor being grown outdoor ,
most where i live , in the tropics of far northern australia ,
prefer the high on those hybrids grown outdoors to indoor hydroponically grown stuff ,
its a nicer high that last longer they say ..
organic sun grown buds ftw ....

i pulled apart a few of those bricks and found quite a bit was immature bud ,
so im sure when grown properly as you were saying
the same seeds would produce a much better product than that commercial brick,
quite likely back to, or similar to, what some of us remember from the old thai sticks ...

Slow-grow

and/or education. Thai university professors have become a very conservative bunch, not like the 70s. The only one I've seen interviewed was a med pro from
i wonder what they would think of the strains grown indoor being grown outdoor ,
most where i live , in the tropics of far northern australia ,
prefer the high on those hybrids grown outdoors to indoor hydroponically grown stuff ,
its a nicer high that last longer they say ..
organic sun grown buds ftw ....

i pulled apart a few of those bricks and found quite a bit was immature bud ,
so im sure when grown properly as you were saying
the same seeds would produce a much better product than that commercial brick,
quite likely back to, or similar to, what some of us remember from the old thai sticks ...
well i think they are trying out all kinds of methods, ive seen pics of acres of greenhouses fitted with suplimental lighting to like outdoor hydro , ya know with the drain pipe and res kinda system? ( im not well versed in hydro ) .

every young thai seems be be growing a plant in their garden or brought a led system, some ranging from smal kinda cupboards to full on houses . its a bit wild west right now everyone is growing from the government to the people with any sort of space to do it .

i also prefer greenhouse grown organic to this rock solid full of pgr’s strong but soulless herb.
i have a grow diary of the tent setup i have over here and the genetics are western but half of them are clones that came from a thai guy who has basically been growing for years and using dutch genetics has played around with them to his liking and theres some local / loation indica he called it, so there going to be interesting.its still all called cookies and cream and other known names.
the mass produced stuff seems to be moving on from in stead of half way thru flowering the plants then cutting everything down and bricking it up . they seem to even be pulling males and the buds you can see are the same as the brick bery similar smell just more mature , more bud like . ill het some pics at some point md show you guys .

Slow-grow

that looks not like proper dry sift hash what we see, is too much contaminated
unfortunately some of the hash that you buy online is sold as if its a good product bit then utter trash is what it really is.
For any quality hash its the dispensaries you wannna go to, ive had noce oft blonde hash thats great , and some amazing black hash that im sure i like thc oil mixed with keif , it i bloody strong.

St. Phatty

unfortunately some of the hash that you buy online is sold as if its a good product bit then utter trash is what it really is.
For any quality hash its the dispensaries you wannna go to, ive had noce oft blonde hash thats great , and some amazing black hash that im sure i like thc oil mixed with keif , it i bloody strong.

Hash is mostly only good when it's FRESH, as fresh as the 2021 crop that some of us are smoking while we wait for 2022 to cure.

dimodz

Elite StrainCloneHunter
Veteran
420giveaway

yeah i know the gives much better qualiy at all, i have pepole who bulding up a bigger indoor facility there at Thailand in next time