What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

THAILAND LEGALIZES HOMEGROWS

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ah yes, the mythical Thai weed of old. I never had the pleasure. But the stories live on.

In this interview of ex-smuggler Mike Ritter he says even you missed out and the best stuff was before 1977 (at around 30 minutes in the video):

Hopefully the best varieties still exist somewhere and can be brought back into the spotlight with increasingly sensible laws.

Personally I have high hopes for ACE's recent Thai release.

Likely you are correct …Never had Thai stick >> mine came in tight vacuum bagged kilos … various shades of gold and brown.. very sticky and the joints would be incredibly resin packed when you were done smoking

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Mama Thai is Thai x Skunk sadly. Congrats on having one like that from 2008 @Mexcurandero. I have a later version and it was much shorter flowering and looked like a hybrid.

I am sure there are real Thai varieties still left. I am growing what looks like a genuine Laos landrace, and there are varieties from that part of the world available through places such as TRSC. Whether or not Thai stick remains somewhere, who knows.

I was a bit saddened to read of Dutch involvement. Nothing against the Dutch, just that I am now imagining more European crosses polluting Thai genetics.
:ying:

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Mama Thai is Thai x Skunk sadly. Congrats on having one like that from 2008 @Mexcurandero. I have a later version and it was much shorter flowering and looked like a hybrid.

I am sure there are real Thai varieties still left. I am growing what looks like a genuine Laos landrace, and there are varieties from that part of the world available through places such as TRSC. Whether or not Thai stick remains somewhere, who knows.

I was a bit saddened to read of Dutch involvement. Nothing against the Dutch, just that I am now imagining more European crosses polluting Thai genetics.
:ying:

any thai stick relations are quite a few generations removed now ,
and it would take some work to bring it back to what it was imho ,
might have more luck looking at laos seed that is probably much the same thing as the original thai stick,
given it was grown in provinces bordering laos ,
things change over time , but it would be great to think we could recreate the same thing as back in the heyday of thai weed ...

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Dubi posted a nice looking Thai pheno in his forum.. .. Did I misread the THC% cant be over .02%?.

https://www.icmag.com/forum/icmag-vendor-forums/ace-seeds/18041338-thai

My understanding is that refers to CBD extracts only, which makes some sense.
The only exception to the new rule is that CBD extracts with a THC percentage higher than 0.2% will not be allowed. Charnvirakul justified this by saying that "the figure has not been set unilaterally by Thailand. It is the standard of the World Health Organization."
https://www.benzinga.com/markets/ca...umption-carrying-and-home-cultivation-in-2022

zaprjaques

Depends what you mean with good I suppose.

Strangely the English abstract suggests they found the highest cannabinoid concentrations in the leaves of immature plants - not flowers of mature plants? Could be a translation error for the abstract though.

Yeah, as i see it concentration was the highest in young leaves after 2 months.
Maybe they mean flowering tops with the little leaflets. As the other category is old leaves, maybe the fans. Maybe the research wasnt done by pot afficionados, so with the structure of the thais it was mostly leaves in their eyes, bigger gown out old ones and young smallish ones :D .

Hope they preserve it well.

Last edited:

therevverend

Veteran
Dubi posted a nice looking Thai pheno in his forum.. .. Did I misread the THC% cant be over .02%?.

That was the earlier legislation when they legalized CBD and hemp. So far they haven't clarified the rules about Rec. So no THC % listed yet. It sounds like they will control the growing and sale of commercial tightly while the homegrow rules will be looser.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Thai police officers with confiscated marijuana plants at a police base in Khon Kaen, Thailand, 28th June 1984.
gettyimages-77928147-612x612.jpg