What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thai vs Thai and neighbours, test comparison grow

funkyhorse

This will be the thread for the Thai genetics
These are the genetics coming from Salween and Pin River basins
1672684750081.png

Thai from Ace Seeds, they are just meeting local fauna
17 sprouted out of 18 seeds
Thai ACE (2).jpeg

Thaidelica is an ACE hybrid based on Thai which is surprisingly auto. One of the 8 girls I have has been attacked badly by local fauna, hope the rest will survive and have better landrace resistance
Thaidelica fauna attack next day.jpeg

Laos from WallySeeds
5 seeds sprouted after 72 hours, very vigorous stock. The smaller seedling are Northern Thailand 2008 P2 I sprouted a week later than Laos. I am intending to outcross Salween/Pin River x Mekong River and wally's Laos has been the best I grew coming from Mekong. Males will be culled if there is any
Laos and n Thai P2.jpeg

Mong Hsat from ILE
After I read Yesum commented their Cambodian seeds dont sprout after trying twice and somebody else commenting the same, I decided to pregerminate my pack
This is a disaster, very amateurish at crazy bullshit prices. One seed germinated after 4 days and I cracked all of them I obtained 3 more seeds and they are having a very difficult time. The first seed is starting to go but the other 2 I am just hopeful they will pass the mutation stage and somehow become plants. Disappointment is not the real word. This is a scam. This seed should be given for free to someone to see if he can do something with this. At least 100 seed in order to get maybe if lucky 10 viable plants
Wally should teach how to properly store seed and make it viable for long time. Maybe this people from ILE think this is for collectibles or a museum piece?
This is same category as FTS, scammers. And sadly it affects all people involved in selling this garbage. I am afraid no distributor is testing the seed because if you test it you throw all this stock to the garbage. It is not even good as birdfood because birds love fresh and viable seed. And everybody involved in trading this crap gets their reputation hurt. I am afraid a little bit of more testing is needed by distributors and subdistributors in the canna world
After this the only thing left is to never buy seeds again, absolutely unencouraging
Mong Hsat.jpeg

Northern Thailand 2008 I got it as it should be. About 80 seeds with very very difficult germination for free, of course. You cant charge for seed in this condition
I have 8 plants. 5 girls, 2 boys and one is still unsexed but I believe it will be girl
I keep all of them as cuts. I also made seeds from 3 girls and I just sprouted them obtaining 14 out of 16 in 72 hours made 4 weeks ago following OJD's method for drying seed. For me as an amateurish grower it is the glory to see my own seed sprout with such good numbers and it will be great to compare with Ace's P3-P5
This is N Thai BX in front(made with (N Thai x CG72) x Northern Thai 2008 variegated boy, in the mddle is Northern Thai 2008 girl 3 cut and in tghe back is the only Northern Thai girl 6 x Laos Mango seed which came up out of a total of only 4 seeds made. I hope it will be a girl. My best weed is Northern Thai 2008 and the hybrids done with girl 6, I am intending to cross Laos x N Thai so this should give a good reference
N Thai bx front, n Thai girl 3 cut middle and n Thai girl 6 x Laos mango.jpeg

N thai cuts
N Thai cuts (1).jpeg
N Thai cuts (2).jpeg

And these are more cuts with P2 seedlings
N Thai cuts and P2 seedlings.jpeg

Enjoy 2023!

funkyhorse

This is Northern Thai 2008 girl 6
I found her by chance, she was grown in 5 liter pot
It is creeper high weed. The only creeper high weed strain I have. I wish I could find more
her crosses are the best weed I have
Hi there Bald Monkey
From the progeny of your seeds I got the same stuff, very impressive even I am not a fan of the high
I got from DCC this freebie Northern Thailand 2008 which was sent/shared by a swedish traveller
Very difficult seeds to sprout. The ones that make it and get to show first leaves after 2 weeks or so of showing roots and cotyledons, it needs around 3 months in veg in order to come out of the mutation stage
I had 7 girls. 4 of them went hermie(I think this strain has no males but girls that develop full male branches) and the 2 of the 3 firm girls has been the best weed I grew so far and I am comparing it with many sativas including Original Haze and CG72
My favourite is Northern Thailand girl 6 but girl 7 after 4 months cure it is very good too. This strain need a very long cure, it gets real fun after 4 months.
In 5 liter pot she was 2,4 meter tall and produced about 40 grams of the best weed I grew myself so far
Bald Monkey, this strain deserves to be released, excellent stuff

Northern Thailand 2008 DCC girl 6
View attachment 18009112 View attachment 18009113 View attachment 18009114 View attachment 18009115 View attachment 18009116

Northern Thailand 2008 DCC girl 7
View attachment 18009111

funkyhorse

When I wrote sweet water basin I meant freshwater basin. I wonder if for native english speakers it made sense or not

Today 2 more Thaidelica sexed, 2 more girls making it 10 girls out of 11 seedlings with 1 remaining to sex
These 2 new girls would be fast photoperiod
Interesting Thai hybrid genetics. I think an auto Thai is what europeans and northern latitude growers could grow successfully and should be a commercial hit

The three Mong Hsat survivors fighting and slowly growing out of mutations and turning into plants
Mong Hsat (1).jpeg Mong Hsat (2).jpeg
Thai from Ace Seeds is incredibly vigorous. I am holding them at a small 0,4lt pot until the end of the month hoping it wont shoot to the roof too fast
Thai ACE (3).jpeg

Same with Laos, very vigorous and the Northern Thai 2008 P2 seedlings coming almost 2 weeks behind, I am keeping them there at the small pots for a while, I will start uppotting everything beginning february
Laos and n Thai.jpeg

Same with the Northern Thai cuts, girls 4 and 5 had PM problems so I will see if these organic treatments are effective or not
N Thai cuts (3).jpeg
N Thai cuts.jpeg

@Donald Mallard
I have questions to ask, I hope you dont mind
My neighbour is an agronomy engineer from the 70s, from before the agrotoxics started here
He suggested the Bordeaux mixture for funguses. I applied to the whole garden and no problems, plants are happy and it stopped PM 5 days after application. The blue colour on leaves is the B. mix
And he is suggesting Nettle slurry for all bugs. I think lime sulfur is too soft for this environment and this thing is used around here for long time and it is effective. I think it might be effective even for PM and I would apply this in flower in case of need. I dont like the bordeaux mix for flowering but for veg is good

If you can get nettle dried leaves at your pharmacy, then the dose for making it is 25grams of dried leaf per 3 liter of water. My neighbour showed it to me and how he applies it, this is very effective

Do you know about these organic solutions? Have experience with them?
Sometimes I think that the local agroscience solutions are different from what is used at other parts of the world

This is New Caledonia, a neighbour of yours. Have you ever got something from there?
In my environment, they are auto. Today last male sexed, maybe this male is fast photoperiod but all the rest are autos sexed before or on summer solstice
They are beasts but they are not very tolerant of local fauna, they are needing urgently a good shower with the nettle slurry. They had some PM the Bordeaux mix took care about
The whole garden is gonna get a good fumigation with the nettle slurry next week
Wellll, they are on the roof and this is just starting. I think I will top them. Where do you suggest to do the topping? They are 3 meter tall
New Caledonia (1).jpeg
New Caledonia (6).jpeg

Thank you very much for help and have a nice day

funkyhorse

I didnt like the nettle slurry. It is repellent but it not a solution, it lasts a few days and critters appear again somewhere else where there was no nettle slurry shower

I am curious to know if citric acid is effective as fungicide and insecticide

Updates:
Thaidelicas all sexed. 11 out of 11 all girls under 14 hours of light
Northern Thailand 08 girl 6 x Laos Mango is a girl, sexed after 60 days in a 2 liter pot under 14 hours of light
Best MadMac Haze x Northern Thailand intersex girl 3 keeper from winter all cuts started to show pistils at the same time as well

Two of the Northern Thailand 2008, cuts girls 3 and 4 started showing pistils too

Mong Hsat 3 survivors are starting to grow out of mutations and all Wally's Laos and Ace Thai plants have been uppotted to 1,3 liter pots for sexing

funkyhorse

Potassium soap seems to be giving better results, I wonder how long it lasts

Plants are starting to sex, I expected them to sex by autumm solstice but it seems plants are reacting to the descending photoperiod and are sexing when photoperiod is just below 14 hours of light
First 2 Ace Thai Chiang Mai have sexed and are girls and I just saw a third girl
3 out of 5 Laos from Wally sexed and are 3 boys. I took them to the male room to see if they go intersex and make outcross seed with Zamal boys
Northern Thai girls 1, 3 and 4 are also showing first pistils

This is Northern Thai 2008 x Laos Mango
N Thai x Laos mango.jpeg

This is Northern Thai 2008 girl 3 in vegbox, Mauritius x ethiopian in the back left is semiauto and my rocket salad is starting to flower as well in the back right
N Thai girl 3 vegbox.jpeg

Ace Thais are in front sexing, Seedsman Hz x Northern Thai hermie is the best haze I have in the back left and back right is the Thaidelica plant recovering after ant attack
Ace Thais sexing front,Smoh x N Thai keeper left and Thaidelica recovering on right.jpeg

This is from bottom upwards: Northern thai girls 1, 4, 3 and then the next 2 are Ace's Thai Chiang Mai and the sixth pot in the line is the Haze keeper, another cut from the mother plant above
Bottom to top N Thai 1, 4, 3 Ace Thai 1, 2 and Haze keeper x Thai.jpeg

Have a nice week everybody

funkyhorse

The thai plants will probably sex around autumm equinox or after
In the meantime some leaf pictures for comparisons
Thai Ace leaf, an absolute beast strain, very vigorous, the plant is just 2 meters tall at the moment
Thai ACE leaf.jpeg

Haze keeper leaf(Madmac haze keeper x Northern Thai intersex girl 3
Haze keeper.jpeg

Below is Northern Thailand 2008 and above is ACE Thai leaf. Ace Thai is thinner leaf and Northern Thai 2008
N Thai 2008 below Thai ACE above.jpeg

funkyhorse

These plants certainly get big
After more than 4 months of babysitting the plants, Thaidelica is starting to show her true sex
Thaidelica hermie 1
Thaidelica hermie (2).jpeg
Thaidelica hermie 1 (2).jpeg
Thaidelica hermie 1 (3).jpeg

Thaidelica hermie 3, I didnt get pictures of hermie 2 because I was pissed off.
Thaidelica hermie 3.jpeg
Thaidelica hermie 3 (1).jpeg

Thaidelica hermie 4
Thaidelica hermie 4 (1).jpeg
Thaidelica hermie 4 (2).jpeg

Plants are 3 meters tall, a little smaller or taller according to pheno
They are all in Hercules/Ercole 20 liter pots, they dont get rootbound, in these pots they renew their roots all the time
Thaidelicas hermies group shot
Thaidelica hermie.jpeg
Thaidelica hermie (3).jpeg

Thaidelica hermies dont have hollow stem. Is this good for fiber production?
Thaidelica hermie stem not hollow.jpeg

Still 6 plants left, need to look closely at all the Zamaldelica breeders pack. Too many females grow male balls in this breeding pack, 6 so far out of 36 girls. All males are intersex in this breeders pack

I am not complaining, I am reporting what I have
After seeing this, I have to admit my neighbours are right.
They buy 25 grams of paraguayan brick for 25u$s which comes with plenty of seeds and growing that seed you get the same lottery ticket like these polyhybrid breeding pack releases with similar amounts of intersex plants and variability, a phenotype carnival with similar high to the super hyped up commercial canna for less than 10% of the cost of this breeders pack
I just hope one of the 11 girls that started the show will make it to the finnish line without sex issues so hopefully I will be able to smoke this stock as well

In the 21st century customers have the amazing chance to be not only customers, but testers of the stock they buy and hypers at forums.
So we are customers, testers and hypers at forums all for the same price, cant complain at all

goingrey

Damn, that sucks about the hermies.

Hollow stems are preferred over solid stems for fiber production I believe, stronger fibers was it.

Would def be interesting to see what grows out of Paraguayan brick seeds. Are your neighbors actually growing some? Wonder if you cobbed some, would you find the magic you're looking for?

funkyhorse

Hi there goingrey

It is what it is, I shouldnt complain really, the best weed I grew so far is coming from intersex lines so whatever Thaidelica is making to the finnish line I expect it to be very potent smoke. If this potent smoke is of my liking is something else. For instance, modern feminized Golden Tiger is more potent than the Purple Haze x Meao Thai from 2013 but I dont like this high much. It is not uplifting, it is kind of nervous and not relaxing

My neighbours grow whatever seed they have and get for free indiscriminately. They are family parents trying to have a normal life, they are not looking for potent weed but something sociable that lets them make everyday activities. And they dont babysit the plants, resulting in people wondering why their weed is full of seed. People dont look after the plants if they go intersex and pollinize or not. One neighbour had a 5 meter plant and 2 weeks ago he found it full of seed. It is obvious another neighbour had a plant and my guess is it was a female that went intersex

Making brick is like making hash, you get what you put in. If you cob low quality weed you get low quality brick, cobbing is an alchemy but an alchemy, trasnforming something into something else doesnt mean making magic getting trippy weed from garbage

Hi motaco
Is true indeed, Paraguay is biggest productor, famous and cheap paraguayan brick
Now even more commercial due mixed hybridated genetics, not old paraguayan last decade, was mythical and potent line for many southamerican ppl mostly argentinian whow well and better about them. Maybe look in north, Pedro Caballero area close to brazilian border
best

He is the only breeder that knew about paraguayan and nobody bred with it, I cant believe it
By the time this thread was posted, I was rolling my paraguayan brick spliffs in the cover of this same magazine

Brazilian growers tell me it is full of intersex and very long flowering
At this part of the world people are interested in rudelaris strains. They spend their daily salary in order to buy one single auto seed and they are interested in smells, tastes and seeing purple colours in the plant.

It is not only weed. Food is terrible what happened.
From having the best food in the world in the 80s to this garbage GMO food today lacking flavour and spirit, this is what southamerica has become as a consequence of the war on the drugs and poisoning the continent with round up ready and paraquat.
The soil in the 80s was brown almost black, the most fertile soil in the world
In only 30 years of modern agriculture, soil is grey, totally poisoned and in a few more years will be absolutely spent and good for nothing

My experience with paraguayan brick in the 80s is same like Roberto Carlos, this is not coming back, it is gone, same like Punto Rojo and all the southamerican legends. Today it is all hybridized and if you dont grow it yourself, you dont get decency
What I see so far is I am smoking/vaping 5% of what I grow. This means that in order to find 5 plants I like with a quality of high of the best I smoked this 21st century, I need to grow 100 plants.
The southamerican high of the 20th century is gone, certainly not commercially available.
Those were very long flowering plants in the 80s and they bricked beautifully and today they make 3 harvest a year in Paraguay and the brick is what they explain in the brick weed thread, an absolute disaster today.
Last time I smoked decent paraguayan was 12 years ago, since the Comandos supported by Dea got in the business, no more decent quality, it is all a lack of respect
Hi folks,

I live in Argentina, i used to smoke brick weed lot of years ago,one of the reasons of the low quality of the actual brick weed is mostly the increased demand of the zone in the last two decades, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Uruguay.

Older Paraguayan and Brazilian sativas 80,s till 89-90 were really amazing landraces plants, super up high, clearheaded, heart racing most of the times. In some occasions they used to be very similar to Colombian Punto Rojo, trippy high, long lasting.

When the big Brazilian and Paraguayan narcos got into the weed business in Paraguay, they introduced Holland hybrids to make new faster and productive crosses and crop more times a year.

So the genetic map of Paraguayan landraces sativas started to dissolve in the 90´s till now, that is all the same weed, same taste, same smell, same shit. Now all have the same skunk smell.

From time to time, someone gets lucky and find the true so called "Pinito" weed, it was a really good brick weed back in the 80-90, but its very rare these days, most of the times its a scam of the dealer that will tell you "hey, this is Pinito"...

Hope it helps to clarify!

Byee

goingrey

Hi there goingrey

It is what it is, I shouldnt complain really, the best weed I grew so far is coming from intersex lines so whatever Thaidelica is making to the finnish line I expect it to be very potent smoke. If this potent smoke is of my liking is something else. For instance, modern feminized Golden Tiger is more potent than the Purple Haze x Meao Thai from 2013 but I dont like this high much. It is not uplifting, it is kind of nervous and not relaxing

My neighbours grow whatever seed they have and get for free indiscriminately. They are family parents trying to have a normal life, they are not looking for potent weed but something sociable that lets them make everyday activities. And they dont babysit the plants, resulting in people wondering why their weed is full of seed. People dont look after the plants if they go intersex and pollinize or not. One neighbour had a 5 meter plant and 2 weeks ago he found it full of seed. It is obvious another neighbour had a plant and my guess is it was a female that went intersex

Making brick is like making hash, you get what you put in. If you cob low quality weed you get low quality brick, cobbing is an alchemy but an alchemy, trasnforming something into something else doesnt mean making magic getting trippy weed from garbage

He is the only breeder that knew about paraguayan and nobody bred with it, I cant believe it
By the time this thread was posted, I was rolling my paraguayan brick spliffs in the cover of this same magazine

Brazilian growers tell me it is full of intersex and very long flowering
At this part of the world people are interested in rudelaris strains. They spend their daily salary in order to buy one single auto seed and they are interested in smells, tastes and seeing purple colours in the plant.

It is not only weed. Food is terrible what happened.
From having the best food in the world in the 80s to this garbage GMO food today lacking flavour and spirit, this is what southamerica has become as a consequence of the war on the drugs and poisoning the continent with round up ready and paraquat.
The soil in the 80s was brown almost black, the most fertile soil in the world
In only 30 years of modern agriculture, soil is grey, totally poisoned and in a few more years will be absolutely spent and good for nothing

My experience with paraguayan brick in the 80s is same like Roberto Carlos, this is not coming back, it is gone, same like Punto Rojo and all the southamerican legends. Today it is all hybridized and if you dont grow it yourself, you dont get decency
What I see so far is I am smoking/vaping 5% of what I grow. This means that in order to find 5 plants I like with a quality of high of the best I smoked this 21st century, I need to grow 100 plants.
The southamerican high of the 20th century is gone, certainly not commercially available.
Those were very long flowering plants in the 80s and they bricked beautifully and today they make 3 harvest a year in Paraguay and the brick is what they explain in the brick weed thread, an absolute disaster today.
Last time I smoked decent paraguayan was 12 years ago, since the Comandos supported by Dea got in the business, no more decent quality, it is all a lack of respect
Always a balancing act for sure. I am also not uninterested in things like smell, taste, color, photoperiod-independent fast flowering, sexual stability... Quite the opposite. But at the end of the day if the high is not good then what's the point. Fortunately I'm less picky and am happy with more than 5% of what I grow, in that case I would probably not bother with seeds for anything else than a mother hunt.

funkyhorse

Its not easy because for everybody it seems parameters are different, sativa landrace flowers dont stink like indicas and most of what is offered commercially is hybridized with indicas in search of those smell, taste, fast flowering parameters and the high of such plants it is not of my liking. Most commercial weed is high munchies weed after 30 min you smoke it and I dislike this feature very much
All my life I used to describe the sativas by the high and never by smell or taste. If I want strawberry, vanilla, lemon or chocolate terpenes I go to the icecream shop. I like getting high without munchies disturbing the high

I will answer this here, it is interesting
Is anyone offering Lemon Thai x OHz?
I can only offer to share the experience making and growing this cross, the seed I made/make is just for here and now and when this time will be over and I am gone all will finnish in the dustbin
Seeds I used can be sourced Lemon Thai from Derg Corra and Ohz from proseeds so anyone can do it, I am not a breeder, I have no clue about botanics and I just grow weed because sativas are absolutely unavailable here and if you want them then you need to grow them yourself

I dont think this is a good cross. All of the girls made bananas by the end of flowering. Ohz made flowering longer from 11 weeks to 13 weeks indoors, productivity, high, taste and smells is same like Lemon Thai. So for this result it is better to grow pure Lemon Thai, it is faster and you get the same product
Madmac here is explaining why this happened.
while I am have no clue about the scientific facts behing all this, I have seen enough Ohz mutations and intersex males in Ohz to call it absolute stable in all conditions, I hope we can respectfully disagree about this
Doors x Ohaze #3
typical inbreed problem with nanners...
OHz is absolute stable... in all conditions... checked it out a few times...
but strong inbreed strains where they used F2- ~ or later is not good... for high and so...
buds and plants looking fancy and with general breeding technics easy to accomplish ...
but the high lacks... that is what happend today... it's all a stone high... 1 dimensional...
OHz fixed that... most of the time... and bx to OHz again ... best reversed OHz is the way to get most of it...

many many thx for giving this cross your dedication!
well deserved the results :)
sent PM soon
all the best
M.:smoker:

That 3rd pic, looks very much like the Mexi-dom phenos in BOEL Hawaiian
This hawaian Lemon Thai strain is hashplant and according by descriptions of tastes, smells and flowering of hawaian strains in the forum it seems to me without ever trying any other hawaian than this line which I bought because it carries the tag Thai and I naively thought it would be related to thai weed, that all hawaian lines are hashplants crossed to sativas with hashplant smell, taste and high
I crossed that Lemon Thai of the picture with THH, CG72 and Ohz and in all cases it keeps being a hashplant
You know about hawaians, are they all like this? No real sativas there?

In march getting 2 weeks away from equinox sexing is starting again
The plants that have shown sex were girls and all were uppoted to 20 liter pots or 40 lt vegboxes but none is flowering once they are uppoted, they will surely start after equinox
I have 6 Thai Ace girls out of 17 plants. I hope I get a few lucky males on the remaining plants

This is Mong Hsat girl in 20 lt vegbox. She showed sex 3 days ago and one of the reamining 2 seems to be boy
Mong Hsat girl.jpeg

Thcvhunter

Veteran
without ever trying any other hawaian than this line which I bought because it carries the tag Thai and I naively thought it would be related to thai weed, that all hawaian lines are hashplants crossed to sativas with hashplant smell, taste and high
I crossed that Lemon Thai of the picture with THH, CG72 and Ohz and in all cases it keeps being a hashplant
You know about hawaians, are they all like this? No real sativas there?
Ive found some serious nld sativas in the Hawaiian.
Most are sativa dom.
A couple are more BLD like Blueberry or Flo. With just as many being extreme sativa that flower like African / Thai.
The flavors have the widest range of any line Ive worked with. The buzz is always euphoric. Sometimes no ceiling, sometimes more like Blueberry.

I think Lemone Thai is not able to be compared to Hawaiian because, like you said, its really a hashplant.
The BLD in Hawaiian seems to be more of an indiva than hashplant - like Kandahar, Kabul. Whereas the hashplant is more like Paki

MadMac

far beyond driven...
Madmac here is explaining why this happened.
while I am have no clue about the scientific facts behing all this, I have seen enough Ohz mutations and intersex males in Ohz to call it absolute stable in all conditions, I hope we can respectfully disagree about this
well i'll mean my OHz male i'll used to do those crosses not the OHz in general...
we booth know that there are unstable boy's ... and you have to sort them out...
from all Golli/Johnny Seedsman and Sam's OHz i'll had grown and testet...
i'll only found 1 true stable OHz male in Golli's line and one in the 48 THH ...
while all girls where stable under different conditions...
i'm sure if you use a unstable male... you will see that in the offspring...
all pure Thai lines are unstable ... there was no exeption...
from the Gypsy Thai Stick repro there was no stable male and only one stable girl...
also the cross Thai x OHz with my reversed and stable male... had one with bananas in F1 cross now...
same with Caledonia & Zamal...
so not only you affected ... all who growing pure unbreed landraces...
dubi mention that also often... also with Caledonia...
me think it's not that easy to find a proper cultivar for your environment...
but you'r on the right path...
took me also some years to find it all out...
well with SamS help finally i'll understood what to look for and how to archive the results i'm after..
but again... it all takes sooo much time... passion and a plan to follow ;-)
in your case i'll would go with columbian line that grows same altitude then you are...
those are most mold and PM proof... stable too... the PR i'll had from LandRace Team was great...
ok also one with bananas ... but no pollen... took the strongest and biggest ... filled my room...
high is close to OHz ... smell and rest too... or Columbian Gold 70... had also one stellar...
Kerala is also good and stable... love it... strong up high...
but all share the same... you have to grow out some more to find a queen...
and that takes so long... but the reward is a queen for making stellar F1 ...
i'll put so much time and effort from begin in my haze project...
saw a long time not really if it was good or bad...
but now it play's out... see now that all is true what Sam told me and that selection is the absolute key in breeding... otherwise it's wasted time and resources... especially when working with pure sativa's that flower double time of indica's ...

Sam's OHz when i'll startet... had a few packs... long short story... nothing good ... only one ok...
IMG_5917.jpg

OHz male test... Golli & Seedsman & THH
IMG_7292.jpg

here is where everytime my selection starts... from each min one pack...
IMG_7310.jpg

reversed OHz male
_3301203.jpeg
_3131174.jpeg

OHz hermi
IMG_5680.jpeg

best males testing how stable tey are... wet & dry & light & climate change... only ONE was stable from the best haze OHz and only one from THH !
IMG_5683.jpeg
IMG_5682.jpeg
IMG_5681.jpeg

best OHz male has resin when flowering
_C110728.jpeg

as you see... long long road...
but don't give up... you're getting there...
all the best
Mm

Last edited:

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Excellent points, buddy.

Im curious, did you find the progeny to be any more stable when using a reversed female for pollen?

Also, I too notice that stable males are very rare in African and SE Asian sativas.
But I think that also contributes to their potency, that herms and potency have positive correlation.

MadMac

far beyond driven...
Im curious, did you find the progeny to be any more stable when using a reversed female for pollen?
not sure about... did not find any issues except with Thai Stick... where it's clear that it's deep in the genes and you need a few generations to get rid of it... and by that you often loose this special whet the org mothers had in beginning... this magic thing... it's not THC ... it's more magic combination of special terpene that gives this special high... i'll too found out that F2 or F3 are not better from high as F1 .. F1 was always best experience.... F2- X are more tamed and selected... but... you can take you best and go the road till she looks perfect... smells perfect... but the high becomes one dimensional... often seen this day's and since they all lost there original mothers... it's all watered down... looking good/amazing ... but high is a 30 min trip with want to sleep after ... not my deal... i'll need the up positive speedy euphoric want something to do high with lot's of psychedelic and sound experience when needed... a creative blast from the past :smoker:

@funkyhorse and for all who interested... by all methods i'll did... this was the best to find out if a male is stable...
take cut's in very late flowering and reveg in a airdome with 24h or 18h lights... the stable will stop flowering and reveg... the unstable will intersex and try to reproduce... also change the lights again after 3 weeks when they start to reveg and those will freak out that are unstable... if not before... did it with many ... and it worked also very good with hybrids... when i'll did the best OHz girls x best Hybrid males...
results are also good but to me hybrid or landrace x OHz is best... results are all amazing because they have more from the haze side as using best haze girl a parent... but again.. to find a stable male... took me some time and many trial's ... to flower them all out and than check there stability ...
with indica or fast flower hybrids is so easy... and fast compared to landrace and haze...
but i'm doing it for the high only ... not for fast or fancy plants with nice names that are full of resin with nothing inside ;-) eye candy nothing more... doesn't matter how much THC they have...
a true Afghan is way better than all of those new fancy hybrids... does not look so cool and covered in resin but still kicks ass if you love the indica side... easy to tame and breed ... but looses the magic after F1
to me the love you put in you'll get back.... with sativa's it's not like you take the best strain and cross it with another best strain and you get superb' offspring... with lot's of luck yes ...
selection is the key to get every time good results ... but it takes lot's of effort..

@ the end... i'll still love to explore the cannabis universe and i'll know now much better what i'm looking for and how to archive it... and without keeping all those 48 cut's over all the years it would be not possible...
the basis for breeding and learning the genetics you deal with... and i'm still surprised how some plants behave under different environment etc.. some really shine when colder some love more light... feeding... and without all my notes over the years it would be also impossible ;-)

one love
M.:smoker: