What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thai A5 Haze limited edition

el mani

Veteran
@dubi amigacho ahora mismo le acabo de poner una bolsa de fruta para recoger polen, ya esta abriendo algunnas bolas.
Ahora mismo tengo un buen ejemplar de sowahh, un par de buenas zamal/jamaica, colombia mb , GT/colombiaPR, zamA5, C5/A5, una vieja SSH y ThaiA5.
Le pringaré una rama bajera a cada una, eso suele dejarme un centenar más o menos sin perder nada o casi.
Si te interesa algo, me lo dices.;)

@dubi friend right now I just put a bag of fruit on it to collect pollen, it's already opening some balls.
Right now I have a good sowahh, a couple of good zamal/jamaica, colombia mb , GT/colombiaPR, zamA5, C5/A5, an old SSH and ThaiA5.
I will stick a lower branch to each one, that usually leaves me a hundred more or less without losing anything.
If you are interested in something, tell me.

JustGrowing420

Bubble hash made from whole #1 plant on previous page.
Very low yield of some very fine hash.

Flowers did not have strong taste/smell at all, but very delicate woody/grassy/floral/earthy.

High is cleaner than #2 as also pointed out by dubi, surprised me because despite being cleaner, it feels stronger somehow. Floaty feeling and music sounds amazing.

Making hash amplified the high and warmed it up some, even on a fresh joint I tasted.

thai a5 fresh hash.JPG

thai a5 fresh hash1.JPG

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
gracias el mani :D love to see you enjoying there with last season outcome!
You are right, Thai A5 Haze is not the easiest to grow, best yielder neither has great bag appeal, but her effects are the best among the up cerebral psycoactivities we have produced with A5 Haze hybrids up to date (even better than the Oldtimer's Haze x A5 haze hybrids), while the new Panama A5 Haze is probably the best A5 Haze hybrid for stoney effects.

Regarding terps, the peach incensey Thai A5 Haze pheno is also very special.

orangina

Veteran
but her effects are the best among the up cerebral psycoactivities we have produced with A5 Haze hybrids up to date
Hey Dubi, how would you compare the Honduras x A5Haze to the Thai x A5Haze. Are they very similar regarding the effect? In the description it says that it's the cleanest Honduras cross so far or did I get something wrong?
I am asking because I have one in flower. Day one was first of January.
I actually got all the A5 crosses that are for sale, but I cannot grow them all at the same time. If I had only A5 I would go crazy. You need also something else to keep the ying yang in ballance.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Nice tricepa79 ! :D Did you manage to ripe properly your Thai A5 Haze at 46ºN or did you harvest her a bit early? How is the outcome ?

Hi orangina thanks for your support, much appreciated :) As stated in the R+D Honduras x A5 Haze short description on our website: it is not the most powerful among the A5 Haze hybrids, but this Honduras cross has the cleanest effects. Meaning it is the A5 Haze hybrid with clearest cerebral effects we have produced up to date, much better yielding and ripening faster than Thai A5 Haze, although not so fuly tested like the Thai cross.

tricepa79

Bravo tricepa79 ! :RÉ Avez-vous réussi à faire mûrir correctement votre Thai A5 Haze à 46ºN ou l'avez-vous récoltée un peu tôt ? Comment est le résultat ?

Salut orangina merci pour votre soutien, très apprécié :)Comme indiqué dans la courte description R+D Honduras x A5 Haze sur notre site Web : ce n'est pas le plus puissant parmi les hybrides A5 Haze, mais ce Honduras cross a les effets les plus nets. Cela signifie qu'il s'agit de l'hybride A5 Haze avec les effets cérébraux les plus clairs que nous ayons produits à ce jour, un rendement bien meilleur et une maturation plus rapide que la Thai A5 Haze, bien qu'elle n'ait pas été testée aussi complètement que le croisement thaïlandais.
Un peu tôt. Le résultat est satisfaisant. les têtes sont aérées et le rendement moyen mais l'effet reste bon pour la journée. Les gouts et odeurs sont citron encens et pisse de chat.

tricepa79

Nice tricepa79 ! :D Did you manage to ripe properly your Thai A5 Haze at 46ºN or did you harvest her a bit early? How is the outcome ?

Hi orangina thanks for your support, much appreciated :) As stated in the R+D Honduras x A5 Haze short description on our website: it is not the most powerful among the A5 Haze hybrids, but this Honduras cross has the cleanest effects. Meaning it is the A5 Haze hybrid with clearest cerebral effects we have produced up to date, much better yielding and ripening faster than Thai A5 Haze, although not so fuly tested like the Thai cross.
A little early. The result is satisfactory. the buds are fluffy and the yield average but the high remains good for the day. Tastes and smells are lemon incense and cat piss.

Dentex

Thai x A5 around 7 weeks from flip to 11/13.I almost killed this one in veg with some experiments with dry amendments and she isn't as big as it would be normally.Seems the most resinous ones of the ones I ve grown yet.She has a double head mutation.

Sorry for out of focus pics :censored:
DSC_0368.JPG

DSC_0369.JPG

DSC_0374.JPG

DSC_0372.JPG

Peacefrog

Veteran
I popped a fem seed of Thai A5 Haze almost 5 months ago and just finished prepping the harvest for the dry. I was quite impressed with the yield from this monstrous seed plant and thought it was worth sharing a few pics and thoughts.

First off, this plant had tremendous vigor and was very difficult to keep under 6 feet in a tent. I vegged it about 3 weeks and during that time it didn't really assert itself. It was a little taller than the other strains but didn't stand out. I topped it a few days before the flip and it responded by shooting branches up from everywhere. I potted it up to a 5 gallon pot a couple of weeks into the flip and she took off from there. I was pinching multiple tops several weeks into flower just to keep them under the lights. And then the weight of the buds took over and all the sudden I had a new problem of keeping the branches from sagging and snapping. This plant would be a monster outdoors. She was quite the beast indoors.

I ended up chopping her at 104 days after the flip. I could have let parts of her go a little longer but I wanted to take the whole plant down and free up the space. This is a pic I took a couple of weeks ago when she was at 89 days. Not my tidiest work but she didn't make it easy.

full

Here's a closer look at one of the buds taken at the same time. Trimming was fairly easy besides taking longer than I expected because there were so many freaking branches to work through.

full

And a wet trimmed bud from today ready to dry:

full

Here's a clone of the same plant. I gave it 8 days after potting the rooted clone before flip. She still got to 6 feet in a 2 gallon pot but I didn't have to top or pinch her and the branching was much more manageable. I didn't keep the mother after seeing how the seed plant tested me so much but after seeing how easy this clone has been to grow I may try to reveg it if I like the smoke. This was 66 days after flip.

full

Both the seed plant and clone went pale green early on in spite of the richness of the soil. I've been trying out Roots Organic Lush this run and it is very appropriately named. Most plants have a dark green "lush" look growing in this soil but this girl seemed to be saying she could take more. I run water only with Blumats with an occasional Recharge supplement applied manually and top dresses as needed. This clone is starting to beef up. I'll update with a current pic if I get a chance.

I didn't pick up much aroma from it during the trim. A tester joint had a faint piny citrus taste on the inhale while it was still unlit. I have a feeling that it will get more refined and pronounced after some cure. The tester is giving me a nice clear high while I write this. Again time will tell more.

I grew 3 Ace strains this run and all have been vigorous and stable and I have been very pleased with them. The Honduras x Panama fem had insanely huge buds and I swear I picked up a Sour Diesel aroma while I was handling it before the dry. I haven't sampled it yet but will in the next few days after it finishes drying. I also grew a current edition of the Zamaldelica fem and it was breeze to grow. I grew one of the original fems a few years ago and this version was much chunkier and frostier. The initial test was a nice smoke with a strong but somewhat foggy high. It needs some time to cure before I can get a good feel for the buzz.

Good job on all these varieties @dubi! I'm looking forward to running more. I expect I'll be popping at least a Zenith the next time I do a seed run.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks a lot for your feeedback @Peacefrog much appreciated ;) glad to hear you have had good experiences with our sativa genetics. The Thai A5 Haze girl you have harvested looks quite A5 Haze dominant hence the good yield, although with a wilder look from the Thai. The light green color is a Thai trait too, don't push her with more fertilizers if she is performing well with light color since this is the natural leaf color for some Thai expressions.

Thai A5 Haze can be challenging to grow indoors, especially from seed. For such tropical sativa hybrid, I usually only recommend to transplant to final pots when early flowering stretching is fully over. Your good yielding pheno will perform much easier indoors from clone. Looking forward to know your opinion about her after proper drying/curing, as well as your experiences with our other strains in their dedicated threads.

Happy to see you are including Thai A5 Haze for this year outdoor season @island_organics :D thanks for that!