What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tennessee proposes 12 plants and all the dope you can grow

armedoldhippy

Veteran
12 ? that would be a lot more generous than most states. i've been telling folks for some time now that once TN legislators get a look at the $$$ Virginia is going to bring in (much from TN residents) that it would not take long before they decided that marijuana was NOT the devil weed they had claimed it to be all along. they did the exact same thing when VA started selling lottery tickets, lol. "holy shit! those thieves in VA are getting OUR money! we've got to DO something..." i don't expect it to pass as written. our vast majority GOP "legislators" are witless fuckheads top to bottom; they'll find one excuse or another to screw it up... deny, delay, destroy. first, they ignore you. then, they ridicule you. then, they attack you. next...you win. :smoke:

CannaZen

Canna is nervous in effect in me. It used to be I would take a bong hit, feel like I'm dying 20 minutes then euphoria and music. I didn't want my folks to see me that way until I became comfortable. 5 years later we voted on an initiative that made it to vote and it became legal in the state. I don't know if there is such a thing as happy resin, it used to be high/clarity

PanchoVerde

For Tennessee folks (or others that might know) - any ideas on chances for this to actually pass the legislature and governor? Heard anything about proposed fee scheduling for permits to grow? I don't have much faith for the bill's passage - and if passed I'm not optimistic that permitting will be reasonable, but hope always lives. Would be a major crack in the solid south's stance against cannabis.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
For Tennessee folks (or others that might know) - any ideas on chances for this to actually pass the legislature and governor? Heard anything about proposed fee scheduling for permits to grow? I don't have much faith for the bill's passage - and if passed I'm not optimistic that permitting will be reasonable, but hope always lives. Would be a major crack in the solid south's stance against cannabis.
about the same chance that everyone that is registered will show up and vote with no problems, lol. TN is on the way to legalizing, but i'd bet on a medical experience for a couple of years (like most states do) to prove to the citizens that the sky won't fall. we won't be tripling what other states allow to grow either - 12 instead of 4. this is yet another opening bid by two Ds from around Nashville, trying to spark a conversation. there have been a talk-fest a few times, normally when a moderate GOP member co-sponsors a bill, but in spite of members interest & desire to vote, committee chairmen keep everything bottled up that far-right religious bigots don't like...and they don't like anything except being able to say "no" and get their way. if 95% of the state wants it, and a few GOP committee chairmen don't, it won't happen. Virginia USED to be in the south, and they have legalized. there's the first crack right there, the first domino...

moose eater

12 ? that would be a lot more generous than most states. i've been telling folks for some time now that once TN legislators get a look at the $$$ Virginia is going to bring in (much from TN residents) that it would not take long before they decided that marijuana was NOT the devil weed they had claimed it to be all along. they did the exact same thing when VA started selling lottery tickets, lol. "holy shit! those thieves in VA are getting OUR money! we've got to DO something..." i don't expect it to pass as written. our vast majority GOP "legislators" are witless fuckheads top to bottom; they'll find one excuse or another to screw it up... deny, delay, destroy. first, they ignore you. then, they ridicule you. then, they attack you. next...you win. :smoke:
Alaska permits up to 6 per adult, with a maximum of 12 per household of 2 or more adults, though that's under our legalization initiative, which stated nothing in the initiative would displace or replace the protections within Ravin v. State (1975), which can be argued to include the 1983 legislative compromise that restricted us to 24 plants or fewer.

That said, it would be a losing argument to go to court asserting that the legislature isn't empowered to define per se' laws, such as at what aggregate weight or plant count it becomes possession with intent; I think that authority is pretty well established.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
in all honesty, i could live with 4, 6, 12, whatever. i'd be giving fuckloads of pot away though. :smoke: as much as i love it and it's effect on me, my tolerance level is shit at my age. used to go through an oz of killer Colombian in a week or less in my twenties & thirties. if i had that same quality oz now, it would take me two months or more to smoke it by myself. :shucks: i do smoke with others, however. :tiphat:

PanchoVerde

about the same chance that everyone that is registered will show up and vote with no problems, lol. TN is on the way to legalizing, but i'd bet on a medical experience for a couple of years (like most states do) to prove to the citizens that the sky won't fall. we won't be tripling what other states allow to grow either - 12 instead of 4. this is yet another opening bid by two Ds from around Nashville, trying to spark a conversation. there have been a talk-fest a few times, normally when a moderate GOP member co-sponsors a bill, but in spite of members interest & desire to vote, committee chairmen keep everything bottled up that far-right religious bigots don't like...and they don't like anything except being able to say "no" and get their way. if 95% of the state wants it, and a few GOP committee chairmen don't, it won't happen. Virginia USED to be in the south, and they have legalized. there's the first crack right there, the first domino...
That's about what I expect from the southern states actually although very few states have gotten it right so far anyway. Virginia swung and missed also, at least in terms of making access to permits\licensing reasonable for your average citizen. Virginia is on a different vibe anyway - not really crazy about anything outside of the upper TN River drainage.

Living now in MI and it's really nice to be able to grow without concern. If I weren't up to my arse in snow right now that would be great. So I hold out hope for a warmer scene.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts