What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Temperature for amazing big buds?

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Hello everyone,

How important are root temperature?
And canopy temperature?
What's the ideal parameters?
HID Vs LED as I assume are different

Your opinion?
Thanks
Thanks for the good question friend. I have found if you match the temps from the original area the strain comes from it will give the best bud. If you can match the Indica temps and the Sativa temps and not mix the two, you will get the best growth from each strain.

For best rate of growth, 30-32c with 60-80 rh.
It's risky as it's very close to the red line of things like bleaching and mold/rot but they thrive like non other.
I just finished a run under those conditions, not as much RH as I would liked, I was on the 40-50 range lights on, but the yield was outta this world.
This is a cut I've run for almost 2 years now and under those conditions it just produced bigger denser buds.
It was done in a 8x4, with 1600w total HIDs.
At first I thought it's gonna be no more than 1.6kg, which is nice for a cookie cross, 1gpw is not bad with the lame reflectors I have, but after trimming and sorting everything, I think I got more than 2.2 kg total outta this, still drying but we shall see.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
For best rate of growth, 30-32c with 60-80 rh.
It's risky as it's very close to the red line of things like bleaching and mold/rot but they thrive like non other.
I just finished a run under those conditions, not as much RH as I would liked, I was on the 40-50 range lights on, but the yield was outta this world.
This is a cut I've run for almost 2 years now and under those conditions it just produced bigger denser buds.
It was done in a 8x4, with 1600w total HIDs.
At first I thought it's gonna be no more than 1.6kg, which is nice for a cookie cross, 1gpw is not bad with the lame reflectors I have, but after trimming and sorting everything, I think I got more than 2.2 kg total outta this, still drying but we shall see.
Good answer friend thanks for sharing. What is the strain and its origin you are referring to?

Old Uncle Ben

Thanks for the good question friend. I have found if you match the temps from the original area the strain comes from it will give the best bud. If you can match the Indica temps and the Sativa temps and not mix the two, you will get the best growth from each strain.

Good call. Most important is a good temp differential between day highs to night lows. 10F drop a must, but 20F or more drop is best.

With your typical mutts which probably 98% of our members grow 85F days and 70F nights is good. You do what you have to do though.

Old Uncle Ben

75 daytime 65 nighttime.

Running hot humid rooms will grow large flowers but they will suffer in the flavor and quality department.

Heirlooms come from many areas which are hot during most if not all of the growing season - Thailand, India, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Mexico, Colombia, Vietnam, Africa......

20 or so years ago I grew large plants (my avatar being one) in hot rooms, like highs in the mid 90's and the quality was fine, buds were potent. Lived in an area which was prone to be hot even in winter when I grew so I hand little control over the heat gain. Used 1,000Watts of HID's so had heat gain from that too.

Read about my heat issue, Week Four, here: https://overgrow.com/t/how-can-i-use-spin-out-for-chemical-root-pruning/258

Uncle Ben

Lumpy-Gravy

Mines always small and fairly useless at the age I am. Not tried jump starting it through my anal passage yet though, maybe later on :)

Root temp dunt want to go below 20 really. I set my heat mat to 24 if that helps

If you water with normal temp water and your grow space is usually in the good ranges (25-32), your not supposed to have a root temp problem, unless in night it gets super cold for some reason..