What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tarp blew off by wind on day 5 five of flowering

Rastafeco

Hello everybody,
I wake up this morning and went to the garden to check the greenhouses and one of the tarps blew off by the wind during the night.
My schedule right now 8am to 8pm, so I guess they received extra light from the very early morning today.

I started to cover the greenhouse 5 days ago. Is there something I should do today to keep them ok, should I cover that hoop early today or it wont affect them since it is only day 5?
Thank you all!

GlaZed420

Hello everybody,
I wake up this morning and went to the garden to check the greenhouses and one of the tarps blew off by the wind during the night.
My schedule right now 8am to 8pm, so I guess they received extra light from the very early morning today.

I started to cover the greenhouse 5 days ago. Is there something I should do today to keep them ok, should I cover that hoop early today or it wont affect them since it is only day 5?
Thank you all!

just continue like normal...

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You should be tarping about 5pm then taking the tarp off after 10 pm so the plants can breathe better at night. Then they wake up with the sun.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
What they said! Also, I am highly impressed you went 6 years with an account and this is your first post. So high & welcome to the fold :D :bongsmi:

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I tarp from about 4am to 9am .... cuts out the morning light when its nice and cool and ventilation is no problem. Plants rather enjoy me pulling the blanket up nice and tight while its cool out in the morning .. instead of in the evening when summer evenings are super hot.

M

moose eater

It takes more than a single event of deviating from your light cycle to convince your plants they've awakened in a parallel universe, and need to change their mission re. flowering.

Some of the advice re. taking advantage of normal sun hours and other factors re. warmer evening air, and cooler morning air, are both insightful and helpful.

Just tell the plants it was just a bad dream, then put them back on a 12:12 schedule of what ever more specific timing (incorporating the additional insight from the above comments, or not), and anchor your tarp mo' betta' for the future. Ma' nature just handed you a schooling opportunity for free. ;^>)

Note: I have known a limited number of indoor growers who have, toward the 3/4 mark through flowering, screwed with extended light to prolong the flowering schedule and get more production, but whether this was effective, or screwed with other factors/attributes, I can't say with any certainty.

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
I tarp from about 4am to 9am .... cuts out the morning light when its nice and cool and ventilation is no problem. Plants rather enjoy me pulling the blanket up nice and tight while its cool out in the morning .. instead of in the evening when summer evenings are super hot.

Another bonus of covering in the morning is allowing the plants to start the day with the more intense sunlight. If controlling height is important covering plants before sunset in the evening can reduce plant height/stretching a good amount, since they wont be exposed to the higher ratio far red light at sunset.

Latest posts

Latest posts