What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Switched to LED, now plants are suffering

TPFTFW

Veteran
Insanely happy would be a good place to start. Then like I guess you did, advance in increments until it's right up.

Without knowing how much space either of you have, or how big the light unit is with those distances, ppfd is a mystery. All I know is 1000w of sodium is usually swapped for something like your 640w. Not 1500w. Which overshadows 840, until we have an idea of the space being covered in each example.
I have the 640w led and the 840w led
I have had the company measure the ppfd for me at several heights and done a square grid type thing with each foot out measured at all corners.
I could take the time to find them but I really don’t mind much

My 840’s @ 3ft I think was around 1000 in center and 780 at all 5ft corners. it has a lot of diff nm diodes as well as deep red, UV and like 6 others.
this is one of my 840’s currently
05D1BC41-BD71-4027-866E-794F8B1388CC.jpeg

Can’t quite get the whole half of the light in, ignore the other strains burnt tips that’s due to the pots drying out of the other cultivar
CD4357DE-71EF-4C35-AB76-8812950D65DD.jpeg

This one is at about 2 ft from tops but that’s only because they aren’t even
The light in the picture is the other light behind it not the one over these
It’s also a sour which is very hard to keep happy as is.
Day 48

My 840w is over 4x4.5’ and I have 4 lights in a 10x11’. I will absolutely have all 840’s next run

and just to give a shout out, R2THK on IG, the sunbar V2 is an amazing light and half the price of larger brands. 5 year warranty. R2THK ftw

TPFTFW

Veteran
2x Cal/Mag recommended plus 3x maximum recommended fertilizer dose? 2 teaspoons Cal/Mag plus 6 teaspoons of Maxibloom would have an ec off the charts bro.
You read that wrong, I clearly said 2x heaviest ca/mg and ME PERSONALLY WITH MY SOURS I am doing 3x the heaviest dose for ca/mg

use however much nutrients you can or want, less is more often especially with newer cookie type varieties.
I simply feed 3/4 to full strength of my organic base and I ran half strength of my PK boost this run and on the last feed just tonight and the feed before I did full strength base and full strength PK.
I don’t feed the same amount thru out flower it has a curve that I either guess or learn from the plant.

FletchF.Fletch

420club
Cool.
Can you share your basic mixing rates (per litre or gallon)? Understanding the need to stregnthen or weaken the standard solution depending on growth rate, stage of life, and the signs the plants display. Thanks, nice plants

TPFTFW

Veteran
When I give measurements of 1/4-3/4 etc I mean of the maximum dose suggested dose of your line. I’m still figuring these things out too.. however it may have sped up the learning process running sours, they’re notoriously tricky as is.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
One of the common things I see often is people burning their plants with too much lighting or the lights too low to the plants. The plants above have a light burn from too much light. It's easy to do with the new LED light diodes. I learned that I have been giving my plants too much light and causing leaf bronzing. Now I keep the light way above the plants and will only lower them when the plants start to look spindly or lanky. If you watch your plants growing shoots, they will tell you what is too much or not enough when it comes to distance from the plants. Short compact plants need the light raised and tall long stem plants need the lights closer.😎

Tomatoesonly

This was a great thread. LED's are a whole new ballgame if you're coming from HID's.

Be cool if the OP came back and gave a report. I always wonder what happens to people that let their threads just die and they aren't seen on the forum since.

Latest posts

Latest posts