SweetSkunk XL - Koon's Winter Sweets

Koondense

Hey Chimera aficionados,
my first time growing some of Chimera's seeds, the SweetSkunk XL, got them via breeder's retail back in the day, popped one seed to see what comes out and now I have a very cute little bush of a plant.
The growth is tight, internodes are close and the stem/branches are strong, quite an indica looking grow pattern for now.
She got accidentally topped(too optimistic @lst) and stayed low and compact compared to other plants I have right now.
No worries, she will get something to lift her up and get the canopy closer to the others, still got plenty of time for that.

Sweet Skunk XL - Winter Sweets
picture.php

picture.php

The snapped top is in the water, maybe it will grow some roots and become a nice clone :)
The smell is quite present, smells very good like old school hashplant with a good amount of hops, very organic like top grade outdoor ganja. Hopefully the clone will get a chance next year outdoor.
She will probably get the same treatment as others, meaning a visit from my little OGxC99 male by Cannacopia. Just a whiff of pollen to dust my girls, hopefully there will be some golden seeds ;)

All for now, happy smokes!

Cheers

ULMW

Greetings Koondense,
Pray you are well. Nice to see you doing a Chimera grow. You will love XL she is so easy to grow and gives a lot back. The SS cross brings amazing stretch but amazing structure and ups yields too. Looking forward to seeing how this grow unfolds. Happy growing. All the best for 2020!

Koondense

Popcorn? Not a bad idea :)

The SSXL is slowly preflowering, I arranged her branches and adjusted the height, so she can start to flower any day now, the other clones are already steaming ahead meanwhile SSXL is taking her time. No worries, I got time.

Sweet Skunk XL
picture.php

She got some pruning, defoliation and I must say I really like the way she smells, deep balsamic, piney and delightful. Can't wait to see her flower.

Cheers

Koondense

Not much stretching, I was expecting way more of it but this individual seems to be on the "stocky" side of the spectrum. Too bad but still ok, got her some adjustments in canopy, let's see how she goes along.

picture.php

Cheers

olday

Adding this show to the sub list - maybe still some stretch in the cards, we all need a booster seat once in a while ;)

Koondense

No "magic" stretch happened here, I raised her up some more to even her with the others.
Looks like she stopped stretching and will now get denser. The branches are packed together so I will take some extra time for a mid flower defoliation, I think she will benefit with it.
The smell is nice, seems a bit raw and undefined at this stage, hints of lemon oil mixed with a car repair workplace aroma. Usually this promises a good development, we'll see.

Sweet Skunk XL
picture.php

Cheers

Jahaze

Hi Koondense, your gal is looking nice and seems to lean away from the SS side (structurally). I currently have two medina x jacks in flower and they resemble your plant. somewhat stout, dense branching and needs defoliating. They just went in this weekend and I trimmed the plant a bit to promote some stretching but I wont know how they will react. Is your plant a seed plant or a clone? I decided to flower the jack seed plants myself but probably should have flowered the clones instead just so I could train them...they are minimally branched right now. its funny because I have grown several plants from both the jack and SS crosses and have always ended up with pollen donor structure but maternal leaning flowers. The SS gals also had a similar smell but with a touch of the lemon oil you picked up on and some spiciness. The smoke has been totally different for me as well with my present clone: soapy metallic kush flavor with a limonene kick. very rich flavors with incense wafting as it burns. I really like my XLxSS and cant picture parting with her. I grow one plant just about every run...I just finished a plant about two weeks ago and have two clones getting ready to make the move to flower once they grow a bit more. good luck with your plant...she looks yummy!

Koondense

Thank you Jahaze,
cool to hear you like your plant. I still have mixed feelings about this individual however she still needs to develop a lot of character, too early for fast conclusions.

Flowering is progressing without issues apart from a bit too high humidity but there's nothing to do about it.

Sweet Skunk XL
picture.php

Cheers

Koondense

Thanks ULMW,
she just got harvested and overall is pretty nice and interesting in the smell department.
Definitely worth exploring but the lack of stretch still bothers me a bit, had to adapt a lot to the other girls. Don't know how I feel about SSXL, it's best to wait until she dries and cures a bit, the smoke will tell more than the plant's look.
However, she got some compliments about her interesting looks, so maybe it's just me and my perception :)

Sweet Skunk XL @around 65 days
picture.php

I feel she should go for another 10 days but I couldn't make it happen. Maybe next time, and yes, I got a clone and will put her out in the wild for a "whatever happens" guerrilla or maybe donate it to a friend.

Cheers

Cmoon

looks a great number buddy:tiphat:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
will put her out in the wild for a "whatever happens" guerrilla
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]love doing that with a clone, you always learn a lot about a strain whatever the outcome.[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]cm
[/FONT]

ULMW

Greetings Koondense, how are you finding XLSS now? Curing into something special?

Koondense

Hey ULMW, thanks also to others' compliments ;)
The SSXL is in cure but I think we're past the peak, she is very good to smoke soon after harvest but is now smoother in general. The flavor is really good, a bit exotic compared to what would be expected by the name or pedigree, the buds have some kind of greasiness which I like.
Special is a strong word but she is not regular weed I mean there is more to explore to know her better. Sadly my run was far from optimal and I'm still keeping a clone, so will hopefully have another chance to give her a go and better explore the terpenes.
Overall it's a smooth and pleasant smoke, herbal hashy and woody with spices on top, the effect is almost on the so called "sativa" side, not much body effect but not really clean, I feel her in my knees after the first toke. A well balanced high, strong and pleasant. I think there's a lot to like, well except the stature(I love taller girls) and stretch from my part.

Cheers