What's new

Sweet Cheese F1 Fast Version®

Tommy G

:|Sweet Seeds®|:
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Dam girl!

Oh, what a shame :(

Seems like some dead leaves started the mold process. Maybe you should harvest what's left or at least you should be looking at the plant everyday to check if there are new sources of mold.

Keep it up ;)

tommy

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
The description for this strain on Herbie's and other sites says it finishes at the end of September but on your description in this thread and on this chart says it finishes early September/end of August. What's with the discrepancy? Will it flower around same time as the killer kush?

Attachments

• Fast version list.jpg
    Fast version list.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 23

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Cheers bigdank!

The right information is "late August / early September", let me explain why...

When we released Sweet Cheese F1 Fast Version® in 2013, we were in spring and so we didn't have any opportunity to test them outdoors. So we had to take our own conclusions and since F1 FV strains are usually ready 1 to 2 weeks earlier than their original version, we calculated "End of September" by approximation. Then, after the summer of 2013 ended we received feedback from growers telling us that the plants were mature much earlier than that, some claiming they were mature in the first half of September and others even in late August.

So, we did our own tests in 2014, which ended up confirming that most plants of this strain are ready to harvest in late August or in the first half of September. We corrected this when we released the 2015 catalog but some stores did not correct that in their websites yet.

And yes, if you have it alongside with Killer Kush F1 Fast Version®, you may harvest a couple of KK's first but there will be no big difference in most of the plants, no more than 1 week.

All the best smokes and sweet regards,

tommy

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
Wow, thanks for the explanation! I see. Going to buy some sweet seeds soon. Wheres the best place to order to the US?

RuggedTrees420

Cheers bigdank!

The right information is "late August / early September", let me explain why...

When we released Sweet Cheese F1 Fast Version® in 2013, we were in spring and so we didn't have any opportunity to test them outdoors. So we had to take our own conclusions and since F1 FV strains are usually ready 1 to 2 weeks earlier than their original version, we calculated "End of September" by approximation. Then, after the summer of 2013 ended we received feedback from growers telling us that the plants were mature much earlier than that, some claiming they were mature in the first half of September and others even in late August.

So, we did our own tests in 2014, which ended up confirming that most plants of this strain are ready to harvest in late August or in the first half of September. We corrected this when we released the 2015 catalog but some stores did not correct that in their websites yet.

And yes, if you have it alongside with Killer Kush F1 Fast Version®, you may harvest a couple of KK's first but there will be no big difference in most of the plants, no more than 1 week.

All the best smokes and sweet regards,

tommy

Hey Tommy!

First thanks for all the fantastic genetics you guys are doing.

So you're saying the killer kush fast version and the sweet cheese fast versions were the fastest of the outdoor crop? -Aside from the full autoflower strains of course.

Sweet Seeds F1 fast version will be my outdoor choice next year...just need to choose a strain or two.

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Cheers my friend!

Yes, but they were not the fastest alone because Sweet Skunk F1 FV and Green Poison F1 FV were equally fast and will tend to be as fast as the ones you mention in any grow operation ;)

Sweet smokes!

tommy

RuggedTrees420

Cheers my friend!

Yes, but they were not the fastest alone because Sweet Skunk F1 FV and Green Poison F1 FV were equally fast and will tend to be as fast as the ones you mention in any grow operation ;)

Sweet smokes!

tommy

Thanks for the fast response! This winter is going to be an anxious one...waiting to pop my F1 beans come may.

The green poison was my first pick as I've read it's super potent. How soon do you recommend feeding them Nitrogen...will they enjoy it as soon as they are out of seedling stage? Or are they sensitive to the nutrients?

Thanks again mate!

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Hi again my friend!

Unfortunatelly as you might well understand, I can't do any recommendation regarding how soon one should feed them nitrogen, how often or on which dosage, without knowing how rich the soil is in nutrients.

Take this for example:

- Germination and first week in innert medium (like a jiffy).

- After the first week, transplant to a 1 litre pot with a soil that is rich in nutrients (Biobizz Allmix, Canna Professional Plus, Plagron Kilomix, etc).

- The plants would then be good in this soil without any liquid fertilizers for 3 weeks.

- After these 3 weeks, transplant to the final pot (whatever size it is) with the same quality soil mix.

- Then they would do at leas 2 or 3 more weeks without any liquid fertilizers because the soil is rich and they have everything they need in there.

So, we are already with 7 weeks from germination and no nutrients were needed besides the ones present in the soil.

Only after 2 or 3 weeks in the final pots it becomes a good idea to fertilize them. But then I would only do it once they seem to be asking for it. And trying to guess when will they ask for it with so many months in advance is something I can't risk doing. So, when you're growing them, share the experience with us here in the Sweet Seeds subforum and that's when our opinions are effective and justified ;)

All the best and sweet smokes!

tommy

RuggedTrees420

Awesome, thanks for the information. I'll be sure to document the grow! Spring can't come soon enough.

I plant on letting half of the crop grow as is, while the other half I plan to low stress train/top to compare yields etc.

Keep up the dank genetics Tommy and crew over at Sweet Seeds,

Rugged Trees

RuggedTrees420

Hi again my friend!

Unfortunatelly as you might well understand, I can't do any recommendation regarding how soon one should feed them nitrogen, how often or on which dosage, without knowing how rich the soil is in nutrients.

Take this for example:

- Germination and first week in innert medium (like a jiffy).

- After the first week, transplant to a 1 litre pot with a soil that is rich in nutrients (Biobizz Allmix, Canna Professional Plus, Plagron Kilomix, etc).

- The plants would then be good in this soil without any liquid fertilizers for 3 weeks.

- After these 3 weeks, transplant to the final pot (whatever size it is) with the same quality soil mix.

- Then they would do at leas 2 or 3 more weeks without any liquid fertilizers because the soil is rich and they have everything they need in there.

So, we are already with 7 weeks from germination and no nutrients were needed besides the ones present in the soil.

Only after 2 or 3 weeks in the final pots it becomes a good idea to fertilize them. But then I would only do it once they seem to be asking for it. And trying to guess when will they ask for it with so many months in advance is something I can't risk doing. So, when you're growing them, share the experience with us here in the Sweet Seeds subforum and that's when our opinions are effective and justified ;)

All the best and sweet smokes!

tommy

The final pot size is 7.5 gallon smart pots..roughly 21 litres, slightly more. Can the fast versions get a lb per 21 litre smart pot? Tell me yes Tommy it'll be good luck ;)

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Cheers mate!

Nice sized pots ;)

Unfortunatelly I can't tell you about that because it also depends on other grow parameters, but I think you'll get very good results and more than a lb (450gr) per square meter...

Sweet smokes!

tommy

RuggedTrees420

Wow, thanks for the explanation! I see. Going to buy some sweet seeds soon. Wheres the best place to order to the US?

Hey man I use Herbies...they have been 100% success rate, along with amazing customer service.

They answered my emails with full explanation to all my ridiculous questions I had the first couple orders,

Now I don't even bother..I just pick my beans place my order and wait. They will come packaged discreetly labeled as a brochure or DVD or something. I don't even track my packages I buy at Herbies anymore, it's cheaper & no signature needed and I know they'll make it to me so why pay extra?

Cheers!

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Hey man I use Herbies...they have been 100% success rate, along with amazing customer service.

They answered my emails with full explanation to all my ridiculous questions I had the first couple orders,

Now I don't even bother..I just pick my beans place my order and wait. They will come packaged discreetly labeled as a brochure or DVD or something. I don't even track my packages I buy at Herbies anymore, it's cheaper & no signature needed and I know they'll make it to me so why pay extra?

Cheers!

Cheers my friend!

Thanks for your feedback about this reseller :tiphat:

Hope you keep enjoying your sweets :D

Sweet smokes!

tommy

RuggedTrees420

Cheers my friend!

Thanks for your feedback about this reseller :tiphat:

Hope you keep enjoying your sweets :D

Sweet smokes!

tommy

Hey Tommy!

For outdoor production which would be best the green poison fast version or the sweet afghani delicious fast version? I've seen photos of both outdoors and the SAD F1 grows into a massive bush! Where as the green poison seemed taller/ more sativa like.

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Cheers mate!

Yes, it's a bit hard to tell because it also depends on the growth conditions. Maybe Green Poison F1 FV is faster and more consistent but in the end SAD F1 FV will probably tend to produce more.

Why don't you put half from one strain and half from the other? :D

Sweet smokes!

tommy

RuggedTrees420

Cheers mate!

Yes, it's a bit hard to tell because it also depends on the growth conditions. Maybe Green Poison F1 FV is faster and more consistent but in the end SAD F1 FV will probably tend to produce more.

Why don't you put half from one strain and half from the other? :D

Sweet smokes!

tommy

GREAT IDEA MATE! I'll do five of each.