What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Superthrive

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
Don't get all mad at me....but never. I had not so good results with superthrive. I started using Liquid Karma and wont look back. I may be wrong here, but it's my understanding that they are similar products, and so if you were to use it as one would use LK, I follow bottle recomendations and the LK is great (every feeding). If you already have superthrive, give it a go as the bottle suggests and then report back with your findings (one with v/ one without).

slackx

Veteran
Don't get all mad at me....but never. I had not so good results with superthrive. I started using Liquid Karma and wont look back. I may be wrong here, but it's my understanding that they are similar products, and so if you were to use it as one would use LK, I follow bottle recomendations and the LK is great (every feeding). If you already have superthrive, give it a go as the bottle suggests and then report back with your findings (one with v/ one without).

I asked for help so i wouldn't get mad at all. Your own point is kinda useful in both directions though if its the same thing than their isn't probably many differences.

Anyway back on track anyone know?

trichosaurus

*Stoned User*
Veteran
When I use Superthrive, which is only on my outdoor plants, I use it every other watering only in the vegetative stage. I have heard that Superthrive in flowering will only result in abnormal growth and delayed flowering so I dont use it after veg. :2cents:

stanky1

The only times i used superthrive is when i transplant, from bubbler to solocup for a small clone to from a 3 gal to a 5 gal for a mature vegetative plant, other than that i never use it. I feel it helps with transplant shock and helps newly rooted clones establish their roots in the medium. BTW i grow in promix with perlite,vermaculite, and worm casting. Never use it in flower.

-stanky

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
Honestly it is something that most new growers buy along with cfl's and rubbermaid bins to make a "Stealth cab". After the new-ness wears away you will end up using what works and I think my superthrive bottle has plenty of dust from non use.

I have said it before BUT I will write it out again because I think it makes perfect sense.

If you go into the sick plants thread you will NEVER hear someone say "it needs superthrive". For something to NEVER be recommended to help improve or fix anything then what does it really do?

If you are running zero nutes, like a first run then odds are superthrive might just help your girls go longer without some food BUT even that only lasts so long.

I like liquid karma as well but do not feel the need to use either super thrive or liquid karma after transplant.I have used and do use super thrive in my areo cloner and have had terrific results.I drop per gallon,a heat pad under the cloner,and occasionally some liquid karma and it works great for me anyways.Also when I go from dirt to buckets it is really stressful and usually touch and go for a few days.I use super thrive to get em' started and then quite using it.I think a problem many folks have is that if this is good (small reasonable amounts)then this will be great (a shit load).Unfortunately it does not work like that.Patience is everything.I think used correctly it can be a useful addtion to ones garden.Good luck,take care and be well my friends,but most of all be safe,Charles.

ehonda187

I like liquid karma as well but do not feel the need to use either super thrive or liquid karma after transplant.I have used and do use super thrive in my areo cloner and have had terrific results.I drop per gallon,a heat pad under the cloner,and occasionally some liquid karma and it works great for me anyways.Also when I go from dirt to buckets it is really stressful and usually touch and go for a few days.I use super thrive to get em' started and then quite using it.I think a problem many folks have is that if this is good (small reasonable amounts)then this will be great (a shit load).Unfortunately it does not work like that.Patience is everything.I think used correctly it can be a useful addtion to ones garden.Good luck,take care and be well my friends,but most of all be safe,Charles.

Man it gets a little confusing when you post up....I think its chuckyoufarley until I click on the post and Find its an imposter! :joint:

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Would not use in flower as many people have seen growth distortions and even hermies on previously stable plants , have used an overdose to deliberately force pollen when environmental stress alone was unreliable when i was playing with femmed.

Did a simple test by useing it on half the plants in bubbler , veg and very early flower on icmag years back.
Those with the thrive did no better or worse than those without , have not used it since and doubt i ever will , have never seen it used by professional non canna growers for any application.

Almost every grower i know has a part used bottle gathering dust , dont know anyone who has purchased a second.

The product advertiseing is absolutely perfect , timewarped 1950,s in primary colours and plenty to read on the label , offers substantial benefits for no effort at an impulse buy price.

The 200% - 300% markup means its a steady earner for many outlets and the prime reason for stocking and promoteing it as far as i can see.

ehonda187

My bottle has a nice layer of dust on it as well!

I used it once on a few of my tomato plants and all the blossoms dropped off!

I agree with Foomar on the Packaging......I seen this product at wally world a few weekends ago and there was a bunch of people in the aisle grabbing the stuff like it was the miracle tonic as it states it is!

Snype

Veteran
I only use SUPERthrive in my soil runs at the rate of 2 drops per gallon of water. Been using it for many years. I also use it every other watering.

nnep

When I use Superthrive, which is only on my outdoor plants, I use it every other watering only in the vegetative stage. I have heard that Superthrive in flowering will only result in abnormal growth and delayed flowering so I dont use it after veg. :2cents:

This is exactly what i do, and it works great!

Dr.Dank

Cannabis 101
Veteran
I used it for veg and flower every feeding... 1 drop per gallon... I flush ones a week with out a problem.
never got any weird growth on flowering using 1oz every 44 gal
super thrive is a most if you want to get serious with your garden.

zeppelindood

Captain Expando
Veteran
I have about half a bottle left... won't use it anymore. Less is more when growing buds imh0 :D

Sour Thai BX-I

:laughing: What is it doing for you in real terms? I dont care how it makes you feel to put the stuff in your rez, what it is doing to become an ESSENTIAL "must" if I want to get serious with my garden?

One other poster wrote that you never hear it mentioned reputably in the infirmary. Our own mynameisstich (take her or leave her - not endorsing) who tends to mod the infirmary has said numerous times to posters "quit" using that shit, and has reasons why. If you are so gangbusters on using it, you can read about it if you want.

Your statement makes me wonder if all the veterans, me included, have been missing something in our grows all these years when we put the bottle on the shelf and havent pulled it down since.

I really want to know from all the advocates what empirical data they have to show benefits other than the outide of the bottle saying it is used by everyone, Universities, Nasa, and the Golgoraan Interstellar Galactic Gardening Council.

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Happy to be counted amongst the amateur majority on this one.

In 2005 when i ran a comparison i spent many hours online trying to find independant references to this product , the only positives were found within the strange world of the canna forums where commonsense and real science are often ignored.

It sells because the buyer really wants it to work , its so much easier than sorting out the underlying problems that prompted its use.

At least its inexpensive , AN would charge a fortune.