What's new

Super Malawi Haze Smoke Report Thread

Ravel

I combed through the Super Malawi Haze Sticky and compiled all of the smoke reports, large, small, good, bad. Hopefully this saves time for those who are only looking for smoke reports. You're all more than welcome to add your own reports to this list, or for that matter anything Super Malawi Haze related. Enjoy!

Pages 1-10

dubi:

Highly potent, cerebral, creative and energetic effect of great quality, duration and complexity, which motivates both physical activity and the deepest psychological introspection.

Guest:

The terpenes are earthy /peanut/pine ,a little wood..talk about real old school.

Effects are pure cerebral,as a wake and bake is real eye opening and heart-pumping...Trying to salvage some to cure a bit more but seems like a losing battle!

Stage:

Her effects are not to be trifiled with.
Smooth potent clear euphoric chest expanding mental elevation.
My favorite sativa from Ace thus far, surpassing the Panama x PCK I ran last year by a good margin.

orfeas:

Last week I had to pinch off a top that got scorched, mea culpa, and the four-hour high I experienced is very promising... a tad murky I'd say but fresh bud does it quite often I suppose...curious to see what it entails a couple of months later...

Yo Sammy:

Very potent and very rewarding for a longer flowering sat dom strain. Like Orfeas mentioned, a 3 month cure is needed to fully enjoy these flowers.

Guest:

I was missing so much the weed I got from my little clone...So I snugged from my friend some buds from last year's motherplant ... He hadn't stored them well but they still are great oldschool type herb!Electric and speedy stuff .Pine /grass terps .

deepwaterdude:

First and overwhelmingly so, is floaty softness, a pure Haze flight with which I was unfamiliar. Overwhelming is the wrong word, but "obvious" isn't, so there's an obvious floatiness, a bit of twitch to the body but no anxiety, and a notable cerebral effect that plunges me into thoughts; not hard thought pockets like Killer A5 #1, floaty deepness but sharp eyed and alert. This is a weird herb;0) Distinct, powerful, a little scary with its float and GREAT for playing music, at least last night;)
Anyway, more soon. Very light terps, can't really tell what her finished, cured smell will be. Notable is the absence of the NL side that can be so potent in the Killer A5 and the presence of a much softer, kinder haziness.

Edit; and super smooth smoke, less aggravating for the old lung.

Second Edit hour later; Halfway through spliff (?) she's a much heavier hitter. I've got idiot eyes all of a sudden, eyebrows half raised as if constantly musing at some inner joke of the universe. Biiiig body softness/relaxation, but not body stone, I'm feeling it comes from the mind's floatiness. I'd be amazed if any of this saw a six month cure. This little plant gave more than the other three harvested before it by about 1/4. Yeehaw, I say, yeehaw.

SMH with a nice cure

My favorite finished buds are somewhat tightly packed into vacuum bags when dry enough to smoke. These came out perfect; no sponginess, almost tight enough to be called an unsweated cob. The big nug is 10gs. Method is also a space saver;)
The flowers are getting more potent over the month they've been curing. A tropical fruit smell, not as pungent as mango, with malawi fuel are the smells. Not as captivating as some, terpwise, but no one smokes Malawi for the terps;) Very potent high for daytime, though quite active after the initial hit, creative, not unpositive.
This was the sandworm pheno.

Yo Sammy:

Its potency is related to how its grown.
Indoors my style its pretty potent herb, mostly head & cerebral imo.
Initially the high builds towards an uplifting feeling, bit racy, typical strong Haze high which shifts to the darker side when you toke more of her.
It holds both Haze males traits, uplifting heady and a bit extravagant playfulness coming from Haze C but toke her long and it will turn to a more edgy high with the usual noidness.
After a while you can clearly feel that tad of NL giving one a more stoned buzz in its come down.
Terps are nicely balanced, more C dom with darker incense undertones coming from the A side of the spectrum.
Just like the plant is a hybrid, it holds a hybrid potency coming from both Hazes with a bit of the stoney NL undertone.
Hope this helps

Limeygreen:

I will have to grab some pictures, 2 main pheno types to evaluate for me. One stronger nl chemmy haze candy smell, smells great, sticky and monster yield, first time I smoked her it was like nevilles haze of older vintage such as early 2000's imo. Up and strong up fast, had a bit too much and had to lay down for 30 minutes or so then soaring settles in but didn't seem to have much hang over or drag down. Only tried a couple times so will see how she goes.

Other pheno smells like peanut oil grease, seems mild but positive and steady, not as sticky smaller yield but it has something that makes me keep her for now and see.

Other main phenos I found her more flat effect, pole structure and not too interesting for me, gave their harvest to a friend and he seemed happy enough though.

asdfasf:

The aromas toned down towards the end of flowering but still kept smelling refreshingly sweet citrusy / mint. Hard to describe. Really the nicest smell I ever had. Smells like some sort of soft drink or a lemon / mint dishwashing liquid. You can definitely smell pines in there. Maybe like pine-sol floor cleaner? Really complex.

The smoke was incredibly smooth. Does not make you cough at all even without any curing. The high is strong and long. Racy initially and maybe even overpowering and then very stimulating for the rest of the duration. I had some of the resin from scissors. Had me tripping like on a lower dose of mushrooms. Very intense. I was feeling vibrations all over my body. Wasn't surprised it got me so high because this plant is pretty strong to begin with. I knew smoking resin from this plant would be a wild ride.

I think that the resin production is it's most valuable selling point. I had buds curing for a couple of months now and they are still sticky. The plant wasn't even fed any nutrients and was pretty much underfed and came out so good. I can't wait to run it a couple of more times and see how much more I can get out of it once I learn some more.

Ravel

Pages 11-20

Rajas:

I haven't grown this strain but was able to smoke it. So I can not tell which expression I smoke. The smell is very piney, maybe even terpentine or a sharp mint chewing gum. Another flower of this batch smelled sweeter, floral, perfume and a touch of leather in the background when squeezed...

It's effects are kind of like an african safari. You sit in a rather comfortable and safe car watching all those wild animals...

Very clear, smooth ride for both body and mind, yet a cartoony/mystical optical effects starts with higher doses.

What I really like about transcending these netherland hybrids into more sativa percentage is that you can go deep into the jungle without beeing destroyed afterwards. I can usually talk, never feel intimidated around other people, no paranoia, no feeling of destroying my day ;)

Hombre del mont:

It dried for for 16 day's and is now in jars. Already the smoke is very strong and clear with minamal body. It keeps me high for several hour's, but less hardeed friends tell me that after visting us in the mornnig, they are still high in the evennig...And this is only just curring jar ready!

GanjaSnake:

Kudos

I've recently finished mine and it's curing now. But I've got to say this is the best sativa I've grown yet, and I've grown my share. I'll now have to try more Ace genetics to see what I'm missing out on!

She did get accidentally dusted early in flower and developed a few seeds. The pollen was from a durban poison I had used on a different project. I'll be looking forward to growing these out, if it's like mom I'll be quite happy!

I'd say the smell/taste is NH for the most part, perhaps a bit greasy/fuely. And the high is very long lasting and clear. I shared some with my son and it really took him for a ride, I'm a bit jealous. lol

Great Work! I'll definitely be growing this again

ipchains:

NH x Malawi pheno is strongest of the bunch 😃 It's already cured for 9 months and is absolutely scary, you have to treat her with respect 😉 Otherwise, my mighty Gelato/icecream/smoothy/chocolate/other marketing shit friends are experiencing strong paranoya with her majesty lol

I'm remembering dude whining in KA5 thread about not meeting todays 'standards' 😂😂 Have to answer - these genes are for real, I've dreamed to have an opportunity to grow a direct descendant of Neville's stock.

Thank you Dubi and Sammy for such a wonderful cultivar. :thank you:

Ncali:

The rest are harvested. 100 days flower even. I will reveg to keep a cut, despite the challenging grow she is strong enough and very excellent effect. And as usual, yeild compensates for her long occupancy in my flower tent. We have other females and males in a seed run that is starting pollination, she had to leave. She could do another 7-10 days. We got many wands of fine, fine hybrid equitorial cannabis. What a treat.

Smells of lime, sandal wood, some mango, and spice. Very lovely. Wonderful plant, thanks ACE crew and Sammy. Someone find an old SSH and make this cross, my next dream sativa.

Hombre del mont:

I did grow it last year but i can't rember the smell. I do remember that it smelt strongly fromquite early on in flowering. This years plant is a different pheotype. the smell is actually unpleasant!. it smells like something rotten and a slight smell of raw liver; not nice at all. The plant took a long ime to start to flower but recently has really started to put some wieght on.
last years plant was in my top 5 of the strongest weeds I've grown over the last 30 something years.

----Not a SMH report, but still interesting------

[What are your top 5 strains?]

Ok, NL5xHaze, as in the origanal release from Sensi, many years ago; If you got the right pheno, that was dynamite. Many years ago i recieved some seeds, 2nd hand, from an English grower called Oldtimer (i assume this is the same grower that works alongside with the Ace team). It was a pre release of something that was called Oldtimes. Amazing Sativa with a Pheno that finished in just under 8 weeks. Malawi from Ace, Goldern Tiger from Ace and lastly Super Malawi Haze from Ace. These are not in order of preference, as if they were, then Goldern Tiger has to take 1st place.
Can i also add, The origanal first release of Sensi's NL was special and i've yet to come accross one as good. I also had a very nice Super Lemon Haze cut, but i stick with my origanal top 5.

The last 5 years I've grown almost exclusively Ace genetics and as i delve further into them over the, hopefully coming seasons, then i'm sure the list will change further.

I should add also that, like the vast marjority, i grew "modern" genetics for most of my indoor life and it is only recently that i've been able to start grownig pure sativas. I like to grow some landrace indica but the smell (security wise) puts me off.

El Quijote:

it it is a bit similar to the killer A5 haze but sweeter and the flavor of leather less intense, with an incense and sweet floral flavor, but of course these flowers hardly have any resin since they needed more than a month to be ready but very pleasant to smoke and quite incensed, so the super malawi haze looks very, very good, there is still a long way to go to cut it and dry it and cure it and finally enjoy it

Ravel

Pages 21-26

Hombre del mont:

How do I rate this years harvest of the Super Malawi Haze?, Well the simple answer is ... Awesome!, but to do the question justice, I've spent the entire day devoting myself to the answer.

I've recently stopped smoking all together and for the last 6weeks have been vaping and eating cob only. Prior to that i would usually smoke about 3g/day, so i consider that I've a fairly high tolerance.

I order to do it properly, i got myself a pen and paper and decide to write down my observations as i vaped.

So the last of the harvest was on the 18th of December and it was dried for a couple of weeks or possibly a little more. In hindsight, she could have come down a week or so earlier (before the last big wind) and lost some trichs because of it.

The buds appear quite dense but in fact have very little weight to them, less than the Nev's Haze pheno that I had last year. I don't bother weighing my plants these days, but i have 2 very large jars full and lots of Malawi style cobs. After the Panama, I'd say this was my best producing plant.

On opening the jar, I'm reminded of the smell on entering the old church in the village where I was born , incense and a little musty. After grinding her up, the smell is, a little church incense, faint lemon and weak cat piss! Not one of the nicest smelling weeds I've ever grown. The smell is not strong, It's possible to have a small quantity ground up ready in a bag and it not be detected during a routine police traffic stop, as proved by Mrs DM and myself on returning from the beach (in February!) the other day.

The first puff on the vape at 180c produces very little vapor and there is a slight metallic tinge to the taste. Second and third puffs and the vapor starts to really come through, the metallic taste is superseded by Homemade lemonade, a couple more puffs, still at 180c, and i'm getting toasted malt and a little fresh tobacco (I'm missing the tobacco!). This is my first smoke of the day, but I'm already feeling nicely high.
Some friends arrive for morning coffee and the note taking is forgotten for the next hour and a half. Whilst the friends are here, I continue taking little sips from the vape but now at 195c.

After they leave, it's almost 12am and i take Mrs DM into the village and return home to continue "my work for the day" IE reviewing the SMH. There is still a little left in the vape and I turn it up to the max and finish it. Wow, I've only had one vape over the course of almost 3 hrs and i'm really nicely high and don't really need to have anymore...!But this is research and i fill another bowl. This time when i go up to 195c, I try and determine the flavor... Fresh tobacco. Up at 210c there's not much flavor left but there still a sweetness to the vapor. By the time the vapor is starting to diminish, the flavor is unpleasant and i consider it finished. The second bowl was over and done with in about 25minutes and i'm very high now. I wander round the garden, talk to any of the cats who come up to me and admire the bulbs that are starting to show. Yes, I'm very high and ought to do something constructive. I know, I'll do another bowl before the wife gets home. Over the course of the next half an hour or so i manage to do a third bowl. The time is now about 2 pm and it is quite normal for me to have had 3 bowls or more by this time.

Mrs DM comes home and it's not long before she comments on how high i seem. My eyes are a little squinty, but she says that my talking is slowed down and for her, thats the give away. Ordinarily she rarely comment's unless i'm exceptionally high.

Over the next 3 hours i do another couple of bowls, before more friends arrive and 2 of them both independently comment on how high i seem!

It's now 10 in the evening, it's been at least 2 hours since my last puff on the vape and i'm still nicely high. Time for a refill I think!

This is very strong weed. I've given people just one or two puffs on the vape, and they have been completely off their faces! It seems to have less body stone to it than the Nevs haze pheno that i had last year. If I vape enough quickly, then it leaves me a little mentally challenged, i can forget what i'm meant to be doing and get sidetracked onto something else. I don't smoke it on the days that i go to my yoga class or on the days that i teach Tai Chi, as i find i go too deep inside myself, but as soon as the classes are over, then it's what i normally go to!. Everyone who's tried it likes it, but some have declined to smoke it on subsequent visits, claiming that it is too strong! The early tests from the cobs are something else, almost lysergic! Almost an hour has passed since I wrote "time for a refill" and i still haven't got round to it.. That's always a good sign!

Well, it's now another day and in fact it is my BD, so today i'm breaking out the Golden Tiger!

Have a great weekend folks!

El Quijote:

hello good morning everyone, today it's finally time for the super malawi haze smoke report, curing for approximately 6 months,
when I open the jar there are many smells,
I find an orange citrus smell, a sweet floral smell of herbs and field flowers, I find a slight smell like anise, without a doubt there is a lot of fresh pine and wood smell, I also find that smell similar to Haze x kali china between pencil wood and writing eraser, smell of incense and very meaty, like grilled livers, the smell of wood and something like sweet flowers is very pleasant, it has a very atypical smell compared to the other varieties, I must say that my phenotype is not the most resinous, but do not be fooled by the appearance of the resin since it is an extremely powerful variety,

now we move on to light the cigarette, too much smoke information very sweet floral orange flavor, freshly cut wood flavor, lots and lots of incense, tons of cathedral incense with grilled livers, lots of hints of fresh pine and pencil wood and hints of eraser, very pungent smell and not at all discreet too I find that there is a lot of smell of spices, I can't help but smell the incense and woody smoke with each puff, it's incredible, little touches of sweet anise with orange, it's a fairly complex variety to explain quickly, there's a lot of smell and flavor that's hard to explain I say that smoke is very complex
after about 7 or 8 puffs you notice the devastating effect very mental, very very strong and powerful grass personally surpassing Killer A5 haze without a doubt, it is difficult to finish or it becomes very difficult to finish an entire cigarette and without it turning off or making a pause unconsciously 😁😁, without a doubt the most powerful herb cultivated by me and hardly surpassed, so this year I repeat super malawi haze, the smell it leaves in the room is incredible, very incensed and meaty as well as woody, I think my phenotype was nevil Haze I'm not sure, but I loved this variety, it has already become my favorite variety, greetings to all and enjoy super malawi Haze😵

Ravel

Thanks Ravel, hope i can find some way to thank for your compilations on the effects of our strains from growers ;) best vibes and all the best for 2023!

Thanks dubi, I've got 3 Kali Chinas about to be transplanted to 10 gallon pots. Pics soon

Latest posts

Latest posts