What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sungrown cannabis, going back to our roots

Great outdoors

I find this article very refreshing. Lays out my feeling for years now on the whole indoor vs outdoor thing, and growing truly organically/ permaculture.
I've said for years we were driven indoors because of archaic laws. Those days are ending and it's time for cannabis growing to get back to it's roots.
That the whole legal world would just copy the black market style of indoor warehouses just isn't sustainable, not to mention unimaginative.
When I see pictures of indoor facilities in Thailand and Mexico it just makes my head spin.
Simply put an indoor hydroponic tomato looks perfect. But how does it taste? Same goes for cannabis. Everyone is hung up on bag appeal, but true quality isn't always in the looks.

https://www.canncentral.com/eco-savvy-cannabis-growers-embrace-sun-grown-weed

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I am using a hybrid system right now, which is possible here because it isn't hot and humid, yet. The sun makes the plants grow so much better in veg than under the LEDs I have, so I have been putting the plants out once they are comfortable in the final 10 gal bag, to get healthy and bushy before bringing them inside away from the bugs, humidity, bugs, and scorching heat. No issues with the leafs getting discolored, making me want to put some additive or supplement in. That just isn't needed out there in soil. Watering with pond water doesn't hurt either. No pH, cal-mag, nuthin.

Occasional bird turd from bombers.

The PAR umoles under the sun are so much higher than what a plant could stand under LEDs too.