What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Subrob Hash

CaptainNemo

Anyone in this thread from Europe? Or experienced the commercial hash scene anywhere there?
I'm curious as to how common it is to find this grade of hash? It's not a brag, once again, it's a bit meltier than I'm actually shooting for. Though in hindsight I don't think I cleaned it super crazy. Considering I was equally impressed with the sugarlips rosin I made last year, my money is on she is just a plant that produces fantastic resins for making hash.
I live in spain.. with "grade of hash" you mean the grade you make or the imported stuff of the 80's?

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Busted out couple little chunks of full melt for the Spanish Grand Prix qualifying!
Interestingly, not as pliable, sticky, or stinky as the older, non full melt. Took longer to ball up. Still more.....I'm gonna say potent, but I probably should just say it's definitely a higher concentration of THC. Much shorter cure on these two than the last pics.
Chunk on left is "summer hash". Trim from multiple strains in one big bag. Will sift as needed, get it super clean so I can enjoy right off the bat.
Right chunk is that piatella looking sugarlips piece. Probably 2nd best chunk I've made. Been milking it.

Time for qualifying.....
IMG_20230603_182515224.jpg
IMG_20230603_182521557.jpg
IMG_20230603_182832197.jpg
IMG_20230603_182823027.jpg

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I live in spain.. with "grade of hash" you mean the grade you make or the imported stuff of the 80's?
Hi! I'm gonna come back to this question later. When I've got more time to...explain my questions. The more input I can get the better. Thanks!!

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I guess when I asked that question I was trying to figure out what the standards are for traditional hash. In the markets. Are there different classes of hash? General standards that ...are true regardless of the region you are hash shopping in?

As much as I've learned from books and online and diving head first into making my own, it seems I'm still missing a basic frame of reference. Lol.
I've grown up in the North American flower market. 40 something years of smoking and 30 growing. That's my frame of reference. I'm fully confident in my ability to judge the quality of flower anywhere any time. But when it comes to judging my own dry sift hash...I have nothing really to compare it to.

Probably wandering thru that a little. Lol. Been smoking the summer hash.
Stonier, hyper focused powerful high.

CaptainNemo

All right i do my best...
In general i would suggest that Spain has, due it's close geographical location to morocco, the best hash in Europe or at least for the best price.
Quality ranges a lot... If we talking about a small organisation or private persons, they normally buy there stuff pressed and with mixed qualitys f.E 73u/120u/major part 160u.
The next level is to buy go from farm to farm and just buy loose kief of the quality you like and then get it pressed... This makes the better quality and its for the comercial market mostly a mix of 120u and 160 in a more or less 50:50 ratio.
Then we have the First Class wich goes in the direction of your stuff.. Mostly melting, sometimes even fullmelt. Moroccon Hash normally has a bit of curing, as its mostly too hot to transport without quality loss. So it breaks often "cake-like", the last one i tried was the Papaya Sunset, a first class with claimed 55% THC.
Prices last season in Morocco was about : 8k a box for the standart, 11k for the good stuff and 16k for the first class.
In our "social clubs" you can buy all qualities, the firstclass for about 15 Euro a g.
So yeah it depends on the region of Europe what quality you're able to source.
In Spain it's not a big deal to find some good stuff, even when its easier in the south then in the really north.

Saludos!

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
All right i do my best...
In general i would suggest that Spain has, due it's close geographical location to morocco, the best hash in Europe or at least for the best price.
Quality ranges a lot... If we talking about a small organisation or private persons, they normally buy there stuff pressed and with mixed qualitys f.E 73u/120u/major part 160u.
The next level is to buy go from farm to farm and just buy loose kief of the quality you like and then get it pressed... This makes the better quality and its for the comercial market mostly a mix of 120u and 160 in a more or less 50:50 ratio.
Then we have the First Class wich goes in the direction of your stuff.. Mostly melting, sometimes even fullmelt. Moroccon Hash normally has a bit of curing, as its mostly too hot to transport without quality loss. So it breaks often "cake-like", the last one i tried was the Papaya Sunset, a first class with claimed 55% THC.
Prices last season in Morocco was about : 8k a box for the standart, 11k for the good stuff and 16k for the first class.
In our "social clubs" you can buy all qualities, the firstclass for about 15 Euro a g.
So yeah it depends on the region of Europe what quality you're able to source.
In Spain it's not a big deal to find some good stuff, even when its easier in the south then in the really north.

Saludos!
Thank you for the info!

goingrey

How big is a box? First I thought 1 kg but that would be too expensive..

Edit: or the currency is dirham?

bibi40

my bad lol.. A box is 30kg and the prices are in euro.
The best qualitys you can find ranged about 800 a kg so 24k a Box.
I never saw anybody buying their stuff in dirham, more likely the accept the dollar lol
lol ,
i understand better now ,
you talk about the classic moroccan case :LOL:

better understanding about the price now ...

good to know .

i alwas paid in dirham from my part ( often better with the currency ) ,
but never more than 100g ,
so not the same deal for sure ;)

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
So...had to go thru this thread so I could get an accurate age on this lil chunk. And it's been quite a journey w this piece. 😆 First couple posts were like "ehh...it's 3 different samples mashed together with my press at so and so". Then there was the post couple months later that started "disappointed in this hash" but before the end of post, while the high settled in I was "ehh... better than I thought, I'm happy". Couple months later " holy shit I'm amazed at the change hashish is the greatest thing in the world".
Time for last update on this piece. HOLY FUKN SHIT. I fully expected this to be coming up on a year old. Surprised that it's about 7 months since pressing. Now..it's been 100+°F here for a month, and I did not have this in fridge or freezer. So that's probably sped up the chemical process a bit as my interior temps are high 70s-low 80s (F).
But the flavor man....so deep and rich and layered and...thick? It's not the original Tropicana cherries "terps" like rosin would be. It's hashish. I don't even like calling this hash,😆, seems almost disrespectful to the substance! It's oily as hell but rolls into a snake with ease. The layered snakes don't just dome up and instantly melt into the flower below it, it's melts the top layer and cherries up.

This winters hash making will be different. More organized and focused. More 1 strain, tent full, non perpetual harvest runs so that I can focus on larger hash runs.

Learned a lot my first 2-3 years making hash.
Recently having come back here to the forums, after experiencing making it, really helped. Actually, more than the books and the YouTube videos. Well..not true. But absorbing those sources of info, while making hash, and THEN coming back here and going back over 17 years worth of posts and pics and observations, puts most of it in perspective for me and has me looking fwd to this year.
IMG_20230710_223719153.jpg
IMG_20230710_223708433.jpg

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good morning. Been awhile. But I've smoked thru all my hash while waiting for the weather to cool off for winter here. Which it's not really doing this year.
Broke out the screens anyway. Still have leaf in freezer from the last big turkey bag I picked up. A mix of leaf from a few different, selected cuts of Relentless genetics. Most obvious being the (either) trop cherry or cherry cookies. The leaf still smells like cherry grape candy.
Yesterday I got back into it and did a few grams.

It's probably not going to get much cure, as I'm out. So I cleaned it pretty well. Pulled a half gram of kief out at one stage and hand pressed really quick. Very sticky and w no cure, retained the cherry taste and smell. Still potent as hell. Smoked a bowl, did not have "full melt" going on, it cherries up and keeps burning.
So the other 2.5g got considerable more cleaning. Attempted old school static w a DVD case and parchment paper. Don't know if it was temp or humidity, but was clumping up, so I just returned to old fashioned brushing and bouncing on the 220 lpi until the microscope showed me more heads (and that it's time for deep clean of screens). This is what I got. It's GLASSY this morning w all the oil seeping out.
Used my rosin press at 93-97°F, 20-30 seconds at a time, repeated 5 times, in between extensive hand working. The smell of hash made from relentless plants is insane. The richness of pipe tobacco comes to mind.
IMG_20231217_203043984.jpg

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
@subrob Nice work on the SSH x Sdubb brotha ..
That stuff came out pretty badass. I've still got ...I'm hoping 100g of flower leaf n larf from the 3 testers I popped. 5 months cure, lil golden, time to hash what's left.
Gsizzle KILLED that run. He hasn't yet posted about the haze leaner he found. Pics soon.

This hash run is kind of a tuneup before I hash that stuff

bibi40

Good morning. Been awhile. But I've smoked thru all my hash while waiting for the weather to cool off for winter here. Which it's not really doing this year.
Broke out the screens anyway. Still have leaf in freezer from the last big turkey bag I picked up. A mix of leaf from a few different, selected cuts of Relentless genetics. Most obvious being the (either) trop cherry or cherry cookies. The leaf still smells like cherry grape candy.
Yesterday I got back into it and did a few grams.

It's probably not going to get much cure, as I'm out. So I cleaned it pretty well. Pulled a half gram of kief out at one stage and hand pressed really quick. Very sticky and w no cure, retained the cherry taste and smell. Still potent as hell. Smoked a bowl, did not have "full melt" going on, it cherries up and keeps burning.
So the other 2.5g got considerable more cleaning. Attempted old school static w a DVD case and parchment paper. Don't know if it was temp or humidity, but was clumping up, so I just returned to old fashioned brushing and bouncing on the 220 lpi until the microscope showed me more heads (and that it's time for deep clean of screens). This is what I got. It's GLASSY this morning w all the oil seeping out.
Used my rosin press at 93-97°F, 20-30 seconds at a time, repeated 5 times, in between extensive hand working. The smell of hash made from relentless plants is insane. The richness of pipe tobacco comes to mind.
View attachment 18934658
great black pearl !!!

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That stuff came out pretty badass. I've still got ...I'm hoping 100g of flower leaf n larf from the 3 testers I popped. 5 months cure, lil golden, time to hash what's left.
Gsizzle KILLED that run. He hasn't yet posted about the haze leaner he found. Pics soon.

This hash run is kind of a tuneup before I hash that stuff

The cross sounded familiar to me.. Did Greyskull offer any of those long ago?.

Latest posts

Latest posts