What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

High Grade Submit your ICMag Amsterdam Interview Questions - Sam Skunkman, Simon (Serious Seeds), K.C. Brains and Soma

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
@Gypsy Nirvana
What about doing an open threadcast with the forum?

If something like this would be ever done, my first threadcast candidate would be you Gypsy
I have questions for you Mr Interviewer
I want to know where you sourced your Luang Prabang. Is it from year 2000?
I want to know if all zamal lines like Zamaldelica and Mango Karut from FTS are derived from your GN Zamal line and if your line is still available in pure form, how can it be sourced?
Can you confirm your GN Thai Stick is sourced at Nongkhai Highlands year 2007?

Your answers will probably give way for more questions
Have a nice week, you guys will have a lot of fun with this project
Yes - maybe I somehow manage to interview myself - lol - then can ask and answer some questions -

- having a spread sheet of ready-to-go questions - is what I'm currently working on - if anyone else wants to make one - then go ahead - maybe I can incorporate anything I might miss -

- Yes - I think it was around 2000 when I sourced that Luang Prabang - from just outside Luang Prabang - next to the Mekong River - as far as I know that same Zamal seed that I had 20 years ago is no longer available - many growers/breeders have used it to breed new hybrids over time - Gerrit and Dubi come to mind amongst others - you could go to La Reunion - and try to find something similar - that might be around still over there - I lost contact with Christoph my friend and breeder of that Zamal there - quite a few years ago - so wouldn't be of much help -

Last edited:

LHC

I have a lot of respect for Simon, and I am a great fan of his Kali Mist. Partly because I love the high, and partly because it is an easy way to get into growing tropical sativas. Since it has a long history, I would like you to ask him if he consider the last version as the final take? Or if he would consider to develop the strain further. And if so, in what direction.

nattyroots

It'd be great to hear Sam breaking down the logic behind the breeding of Skunk#1. Where did the Afghani come from? What did it bring to the game? What about the Colombian and Mexican parents? What were they like and what did he want to bring into the mix by bringing them in? And what point was the Mex crossed to the Colombian x Afghani ? How long did it take to stabilize skunk? What environment was it stabilized in? Also I'm super curious about the difference in male and female plants in passing down traits and how each affect the final result.

Last edited:

airplane

found an old strain "Zamal Hash" from ACE - can anyone tell me about it ? Thanks and also Portela from R-kiem seeds ??

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Oh we’re going better than that and filming them. 👍

I hope you’ll be watching. :smokey:
You got my word!

It also be cool to hear from some of the old cannabis book authors in the future - Bill Drake, Mel Frank, RCC.
Are there any BOEL members left alive that will be down for an interview? I realize they aren't in Adam, but it would be cool in the future if these interviews really take off.

SUPER_HAZE

My questions for Sam:
What are the oldest seeds you have?
Could you mention some of your varieties from your seed collection?
Is there any variety that you have tried that you like more than original haze or is close to it?
Can you tell a funny, dangerous, curious anecdote... That has happened to you with cannabis?
Will you do any new project with Original Haze or another variety?
Any advice for future generations? Thanks.

regseeds

Kanga, Hempy, Donald, Elmer and Bushy on a stream would be wild.

giphy.gif

Or Kanga via Zoom to close the Icmag video series.

Last edited:

StevenHXF

Administrator
Make it less than 30 seconds! And I know of a few more people from chat who could joint for a total show! Do we talk with netflix now about this or de we make it ourselves?

Now, to keep ontopic, how long are the interviews gonna be? Any plans?
The videos should be fairly decent length because Gypsy knows all of them and there will be plenty to talk about.

Latest posts

Latest posts