What's new

subaru

KAT

Very popular car here in New England.they just go forever.but don't ride like the caddi.happy trails.....

oldbootz

Veteran
i drive an imprezza. great cars! a fortune to fix but they dont break often.

Last edited:
B

BugJar

they are fairly inexpensive to work with here in Oregon but there are A LOT of subis around

oldbootz

Veteran
one guy i spoke to said he drove his subaru to 600 000km before he sold it. that says something about the craftsmanship.

LEDfoot

Too bad my 1996 Outback runs so well and the current Outbacks are so ugly with such stupid roof rails. (IMO) :)

LEDfoot

Just for fun, I was browsing local (WA) inventory of new Subarus and was thinking a tangerine Crosstrek would be fun and practical. Maybe I'll check craigslist for "low mileage but needs TLC"

picture.php

(Skagit River bridge on Interstate 5--the guy is OK and so are the couple in the Chevy truck)

LEDfoot

I apologize if I insulted the OP. According to cars101.com, the Outback will not be redesigned until the 2015 model. Subarus have always had some eccentric styling.

The 2013 Forester reminds me of a Boston Whaler.

picture.php

picture.php

I'm not impressed by the look of the 2014 Forester, which is the only new stock at the dealers around here.

B

BugJar

I apologize if I insulted the OP. According to cars101.com, the Outback will not be redesigned until the 2015 model. Subarus have always had some eccentric styling.

The 2013 Forester reminds me of a Boston Whaler.

View Image

View Image

I'm not impressed by the look of the 2014 Forester, which is the only new stock at the dealers around here.

not a huge fan of the new foresters but DANG do they get amazing gas mileage.

LEDfoot

That is funny (Slingblade movie reference). I had read they were pitching to the LGBTs but hadn't seen any ads. Googling subaru lgbt advertising--I guess that was a real ad.

LEDfoot

I read the license plates are part of the joke. FT-1804 could be Hefty 180.4 (Kilograms). In other words, a 400lb gorilla.

redbudduckfoot

Veteran
Subaru is a great company, and they have built their brand around an amazing engine, The Boxer. The Boxer engine is perfect, solely because if there is a timing catastrophe, the valves do not get bent/snapped. I used to borrow my buddies WRX all the time, and that shit handles like it was on rails. Plenty of torque/HP, really fun to crank on. The Sti version is a street legal Rally Car, simply a blast to drive.

I have owned quite a few Hondas, a couple Vr6's and a TSI AWD Turbo. Used to be big into the Import Tuner scene, and have had more than my share of timing belts/chains snap and ruin the valves and combustion chamber. When my vr6 timing chain snapped, every valve but one was bent. lol. My next auto purchase is gonna be a used WRX; I'm getting kinda bored with my current S40.

Rbdf