What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Stupid reporter injects THC for documentary!

NotGuilty

"This means the average 165 lb adult would have to inject 4.8 lbs of THC"

wrong.....................
Rat LD50 IV 29mg/KG

lets say 100 kg for round numbers sake 100 x 29 = 2900 mg

2900 mg = 2.9 grams for a 100 kg RAT
Please dont negative me because i like math LOL :2cents: :chin:

However, 128 mg/kg INTRAVENOUS-MONKEY is prolly more accurate.
12.8 grams for a 100 kg Monkey

since LD50 for monkey is 4.413 times that of rat. If rat LD50 orally is 666mg/Kg, monkey would be presumably 2939mg/KG orally.

293 grams of BUDDER orally would kill the 100 KG monkey. 50% of the time.

Last edited:

Lemon

NotGuilty said:
"This means the average 165 lb adult would have to inject 4.8 lbs of THC"

wrong.....................
Rat LD50 IV 29mg/KG

lets say 100 kg for round numbers sake 100 x 29 = 2900 mg

2900 mg = 2.9 grams for a 100 kg RAT
Please dont negative me because i like math LOL :2cents: :chin:

However, 128 mg/kg INTRAVENOUS-MONKEY is prolly more accurate.
12.8 grams for a 100 kg Monkey

since LD50 for monkey is 4.413 times that of rat. If rat LD50 orally is 666mg/Kg, monkey would be presumably 2939mg/KG orally.

293 grams of BUDDER orally would kill the 100 KG monkey. 50% of the time.

Correct-o-mundo. Fella's calculation was 3 orders of magnitude off.

PS: Budder isn't pure THC. If it were it would be a crystaline powder, not a paste.

brand

that's why I don't take math tests high!

and why would I negative you for my mistake?
I'm not that crazy!

Thanks for the fix guys!

B4O2N0G

I found the video of this if anyone wants to see it.

Should I smoke dope?

Journalist Nicky Taylor travels to Amsterdam to investigate the growing debate about the legal classification of cannabis. While there she helps out in a coffee shop that sells the drug, and discovers first hand what the effects of cannabis are on everyday life. Back in the UK Nicky finds out about the genetically modified cannabis skunk, cheap and increasingly sold on the streets. The programme asks whether the drug can make you mad, if it is worse than alcohol and if it is stronger than it used to be. Nicky takes part in a month-long medical trial to find out.
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v14154336Yn76Cd6W

Note: You must download veohtv to watch the full video or you just get a 5 min preview.

Last edited:

flubnutz

stoned agin ...
Veteran
i would suggest to that guy that he try injecting himself with horseshit next, but it probably wouldnt have any noticeable effect.

steppinRazor

cant stop wont stop
Veteran
i actualy didnt read shit but i gotta say as an ex drug addict at one point in my life i "injected marijuana" and its no prize... i got Cotton Fever. and if you know anybody who has used needles as a form of gettting high.. ask them what cotton fever feeels like and you may know.
weeed has no place in this way of using drugs.

greenhead

Veteran

"You've got psychological effects and the physical effects.

The psychological effects are going to be, normally you get 'um.....

short term memory loss, where you can't remember things that you've done that day, the day before. You get reduced coordination and motor functions so you'll be.....

You may be falling down, you'll be a bit slower. You might get some paranoia. Long term that can lead to schizophrenia. You might get depressed with it. It can cause sleep disturbance and even nightmares.

If you've come for my advice.......I would not do it......."

:joint: :wave:

Funk_247

I saw this proggy, she injected a labratory synthesised version of THC, not the real thing.

It's also worth stating that she was the WORST fuckin actress I have ever seen. They must have had an anti-cannabis agenda to push when making the program and she made fuckin sure she stuck to it. It was a bit like watchin reefer madness all over again except with some pig ugly blonde bint in the lead.

Pirate

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death !!
Veteran
The stupidity of the world never ceases to amaze me.

Injecting THC now? Unbelievable.

I think the point was to show that THC by itself can be unpleasant.

I saw this documentary.

She was given two shots, on two separate days, both IV. She wasn't told which one was which.

The first shot was a synthetic form of THC and CBD. She had a pleasant happy stony high.

The second day, she was given a synthetic form of just THC. She had a very negative experience, with a paranoid high.

Big D

icmagic
Veteran
This lady is going to have to shoot up heroin to gain credibility with me...
She probably smokes weed everyday.
I guess it shows how harmless THC really is... there is no way she shoots heroin or cocaine.

mpd

Lammen Gorthaur
Veteran
I watched the entire show. One day she did an injection of pure THC. She said it made her paranoid.

The next time she did it with some other cannabinoids/nols added and she couldn't stop laughing. She was a riot.

The next time she went to one of those wanker Amsterdam cafes and got her eyes poked out with some bud mixed with hash. What was she thinking? Evidently she was thinking she would be stoned all day and not have to work.

Then they did a driving test comparison. Contrary to popular belief, people who are stoned are not great drivers - they are better drivers than drunks to be sure - but they are drivers who's attention and skills have been compromised by the onset of the drugs.

I don't know what she was proving, but she said in the end it wasn't for her.

Thanx for the help on that one sister, I am glad I can rely upon your scientific testing to manage my lifestyle. Another liberal twit telling me how to run my life because their life has become totally uncontrollable.

mpd

Lammen Gorthaur
Veteran
That might be true but you don't have to advertise it. I'm taking the medicine and hoping for a cure....