What's new

Study on spectral reflectance characteristics of hemp canopies

Storm Shadow

Veteran
http://www.biomedsearch.com/nih/Study-spectral-reflectance-characteristics-hemp/21322234.html

Hemp (Cannabis sativa L.) is a special economic crop and widely used in many field. It is significative for the government to master the information about planting acreage and spatial distribution of hemp for hemp industrial policy decision in China. Remote sensing offers a potential way of monitoring large area for the cultivation of hemp. However, very little study on the spectral properties of hemp is available in the scientific literature. In the present study, the spectral reflectance characteristics of hemp canopy were systematically analyzed based on the spectral data acquired with ASD FieldSpec portable spectrometer. The wavebands and its spectral resolution for discriminating hemp from other plants were identified using difference analysis. The major differences in canopy reflectance of hemp and other plants were observed near 530, 552, 734, 992, 1 213, 1 580 and 2 199 nm, and the maximal difference is near 734 nm. The spectral resolution should be 30 nm or less in visible and near infrared regions, and 50 nm or less in middle infrared regions.

Cannabologist

Veteran
- I believe the technology to discriminate Cannabis based on spectral properties from other plants was developed in the early 2000s and soon classified by the USA government. The technology was/is still around, and used by other governments, but it is often not talked about. The technology is typically used to spot large outdoor plots, using spectroscopic cameras mounted on satellites, blimps, or high altitude planes. It cannot be used in court as evidence because being classified, it is not technically supposed to exist.

it does exist and IS mounted on most UAV's and Black silent hovering "Air1" choppers is what we called em back home and those units also find some trail left by meth labs so while they inadvertently bust people growing small plots outdoors theyre really looking for the area to send someone to scout so they can "smell something like marijuana or burning plastic" while they "just happened to be out in the area...

my lil brother is a UAV operator for the US Government and told me a little bit but for fear of Fed prison couldnt tell me much more past that ... hope it helps and you have the 734 number I heard about from an ex DEA agent ... who now buys from me lmao (donates for the cause as you will for cost recovery basis NOT SALE as per prop 215 blah blah)

Latest posts

Latest posts