What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Struggling with seedlings

-OSAKA CASIO-

LOL, they'll grow into big plants and not be seedlings anymore if we don't answer fast enough?

600W HPS for seedlings is a total waste IMO.

If the blurple has a lot of blue it could be good for veg? Should grow nice compact plants..
Ok, maybe i just worry too much and would like everything to be perfectly. I think that i try that led

Three Berries

Yea even 300W is a lot for some seedlings.

Are you doing 12/12 from seed to manage some monster sativas or was that a typo?
I actually read the manufacturers (ViparSpectra) recommendation and that is what they have for seed. They sprouted on a paper towel but I just stuck them in dirt today. Not out of the dirt yet. They will go to 18/6 after the first set of true leaves.

goingrey

I actually read the manufacturers (ViparSpectra) recommendation and that is what they have for seed. They sprouted on a paper towel but I just stuck them in dirt today. Not out of the dirt yet. They will go to 18/6 after the first set of true leaves.
Interesting. I usually do 24 hours of fluorescent tube light at that stage. Not sure if it makes much difference one way or the other when they are so young. But if it doesn't, makes sense to save some leccy.

Three Berries

Interesting. I usually do 24 hours of fluorescent tube light at that stage. Not sure if it makes much difference one way or the other when they are so young. But if it doesn't, makes sense to save some leccy.
I can use the heat too. Though I have a bucket heater going for minimum temp of 73F.

I have another tent about done. Just upgraded the light in it to a 200W for 30x30x60". That's where this one came from.

Three Berries

8 days from the first soak.

GDP1 2023 8 day height.jpg

GDP1 2023 8 day top.jpg

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you're a new grower you should learn with a soil based medium like Happy frog. You wont need any food for 2-3 weeks. It's what all new to growing should learn with IMO. You won't have as many issues. Once you get that down you can move to a soilless base medium like Promix or COCO.

Reactions: Gry

Three Berries

I have the seedlings in 16 oz clear solo cups and they are in the bucket filled with soil. This is so the heater has some mass to heat up and not just the cups. I keep it at 72F or so.

But I noticed that the roots in the clear cups are all going towards the side with the heater.

Reactions: Gry