What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

stress

Swamp Thang

Veteran
guys, how to fight with stress and owerworking? I heard about some weighted blanket therapy but do not use it.

Pump iron to relieve stress and improve your health. You are never too skinny, or too old, to exercise with weight lifting.

Always start light, with a weight that you can perform 3 sets of 8 repetitions with ease, before gradually increasing your weights by increment over several weeks, as they start to feel lighter over time.

If you only have enough free time for two lifts, then make it bench press, and squats, which in combination, exercise the entire body. Alternate your regime, such that Monday, Wednesday and Friday can be devoted to your bench press, with Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday for squats.

You may never develop into a young Arnold, but with weight lifting, you will knock years off your age, as you become lighter on your feet, and even more alert mentally, from this exercise.

davers

Try weighted blanket therapy. I also had problem with stress and insomnia so I used weighted blanket thepapy. Plus read some articles about benefits of weighted blankets and check here

Last edited:

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
I never bought a weighted blanket but, I can attest that I sleep better with a heavier cover :) (old fashion quilt)