What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Strawberry Cough

Yeti

Hey Oregon IC members,

Been here for awhile and thought I'd reach out to the local community for some help. I have been growing the strawberry cough for a long time and it is some of my favorite smoke. This last year, my clones didn't take and my reveg nearly made it to recloning and then bit the dust.

Seems like much of the dispensary community and their selection is watered down with all the new kushy/chem hybrids. I can appreciate them and find them beautiful but the high just doesn't do it for me. Quite boring and seem to dumb me down. Would love to find another Strawberry Cough clone. Everyone that had tried that SC would have purchased it over anything they could find at the dispensary as well if I were selling it. I'd assume it was the KKSC but never had a chance to verify with another clone. All I can say is it was exceptional. Clear headed and powerful euphoria. Creative and energetic and that strawberry taste was second to none. Powdery mildew and botrytis resistant in the Oregon outdoors. Was hoping to cross it this year with the Greengenes cherry bomb IBL but am bummed I will not have that opportunity.

Anyone that is willing to trade or offer a clone up would be rewarded with anything I can rightfully offer. It is a true gem I am sorry to have lost and my jar is getting low.

Hope this thread reaches an ear of generosity and appreciation for this majestic beast with a willingness to share. Again, would be willing to make trades or find some kind of reciprocation worth their while.

Yeti

Toker53

Hey Yeti.
I live in Socal and just picked up fresh KKSC clones at Buds and Roses in Studio City. According to KK this is the only place that he has selling his original cut. Hope it's true. Will know more in 3 months

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ran SC in CO several years ago and recall it being decent with story of Kyle K behind the source. I can't speak for Oregon. It is a dense stocky plant, had more indica dominant so can see where pm would develop in a wet climate. Heard the sativa pheno is a desirable plant, being more haze-like.
Either way, it'd be good to grow.

Drewsif

Last I heard Kushman was having problems with her. Something in the air. A new mother nature takin over.

Hydro8

I listened to a podcast where Kushman talked about the original Strawberry Cough cut being wore out and making a new one. I think he has a shop in SoCal.

I had a good bag of Strawberry Cough in CO this year after sampling a few poor ones over the years. Not sure where it originated from

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
I listened to a podcast where Kushman talked about the original Strawberry Cough cut being wore out and making a new one. I think he has a shop in SoCal.

I had a good bag of Strawberry Cough in CO this year after sampling a few poor ones over the years. Not sure where it originated from

i was watching a video where a friend/breeder of kyles had issues of growing the cough and he said kyle had it tested and there was cellular damage or somthing like that. but i think they may have it worked out ima check into it

Crazy Chester

Hope you got the Strawberry Cough, Yeti

Hope you got the Strawberry Cough, Yeti

Hey Oregon IC members,

Been here for awhile and thought I'd reach out to the local community for some help. I have been growing the strawberry cough for a long time and it is some of my favorite smoke. This last year, my clones didn't take and my reveg nearly made it to recloning and then bit the dust.

Seems like much of the dispensary community and their selection is watered down with all the new kushy/chem hybrids. I can appreciate them and find them beautiful but the high just doesn't do it for me. Quite boring and seem to dumb me down. Would love to find another Strawberry Cough clone. Everyone that had tried that SC would have purchased it over anything they could find at the dispensary as well if I were selling it. I'd assume it was the KKSC but never had a chance to verify with another clone. All I can say is it was exceptional. Clear headed and powerful euphoria. Creative and energetic and that strawberry taste was second to none. Powdery mildew and botrytis resistant in the Oregon outdoors. Was hoping to cross it this year with the Greengenes cherry bomb IBL but am bummed I will not have that opportunity.

Anyone that is willing to trade or offer a clone up would be rewarded with anything I can rightfully offer. It is a true gem I am sorry to have lost and my jar is getting low.

Hope this thread reaches an ear of generosity and appreciation for this majestic beast with a willingness to share. Again, would be willing to make trades or find some kind of reciprocation worth their while.

Yeti

I have no idea if it's "the real deal" as the subtitle on the bottle says, but I found one seed in this:

It smells like strawberry mixed with a bit of a terpene I haven't come across in years that was in a Master Kush clone I used to grow. The taste was similar to the smell. The high has a clear head that's motivating, thought provoking and makes me talkative.

I figure I should pop the seed - it may be an S1 of the mom, if some male's stray pollen isn't to blame.

That one might find a way to you if you haven't gotten the original clone back yet.

I think I'll do a thread on that lone seed and the plant it produces.

Jerry_Garcia

Please keep me posted if you start a thread on your SC. I will be putting Dutch Passion's SC in the grow room sometime in the future and would love to follow the grow.

Crazy Chester

Hey Jerry (and Yeti) - turns out this is DEFINITELY NOT strawberry cough I got - it's a version of it that was re-worked to be low THC and high CBD! Not what I thought it was, but I'm growing it out anyway - I needed a high CBD strain...

Crazy Chester

Hey, Jerry. Yes - I put the seed in a rockwool cube contained within a heated humidity dome. I investigated today by pulling apart the rockwool and it looks like it has germed but was having trouble working its way out of the cube. I carefully pulled the cube apart to give it more room. We should see in a few days if that helped.

Latest posts

Latest posts