What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Strange texture

midwestkid

Veteran
420giveaway
20210729_151257.jpg
I was hoping someone on here could help me figure this out...
I have one variety that is doing something weird. About 1 out of 5 of this strain is showing this strange leaf texture. These plants have an "angry aura" about them. They just look mad, aggressive, edgy. No other variety on the farm is doing this. And strangely enough, on another farm this strain is doing this as well. These are from seed.
I will now attempt to add pictures- pray for me
i have about 21 of these to experiment on to see if I can correct the problem. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 20210729_151400.jpg
    20210729_151400.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 26

midwestkid

Veteran
420giveaway
20210729_151051.jpg
some people have been suggesting it might be a recessive trait or that this is just a genetic thing, but this one is clearly ill to me.
surely someone here has seen this before? The affected plants are also stunted.

Glen Vowell

Wow! That sure looks different! I would keep it just to see if the bud structure is as different as on the vegging plant shown, and to check out the high which might be unique too. You could call it "The Angry Unicorn" or something like that if you discover it is worthy to keep a cut or make seeds from the plants for your own strain.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
They don't like the soil condition they are in and not suited for this type of soil. The areas are lacking enough carbon in the soil for the plants to be happy, How I dealt with this in the past, was load the plots with a lot of leaf mold, in the fall. Too late for that, so for a faster fix now, just use some sugar and sprinkle a little around the plants. It only takes about a 1\4 cup of sugar. Now this is the "important part", after adding the sugar and watering it in, you have add dry hay and mulch heavy around the plants 2 to 4 inch's high. By flowering time your plants will change from mad to glad to being happy again. 😎

midwestkid

Veteran
420giveaway
I will certainly give the sugar method a try as I said 21 plants to experiment with...
thanks for your input

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
You can add a table spoon of sugar to a gallon of water and water around the plant. Or you can top dress sprinkling a little around the base of the plant. Its very important to add mulch over the sugar to protect the microbes colonies, so they can break down the carbon fast. Perfect timing too, you have enough time before flowering. Happy gardening 😎

Latest posts

Latest posts