What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Strain recommended for N54° Outdoor

horstwerner

Hi fellas,

I'm looking for an auto strain for latitude N54°. Since I will be guerilla growing I need a strain from low to medium height. In our best summers we have sunny weather from June to August, these are the 3 month I want to use for my grow, but in our less good summers we have a lot of rain, so moldressistance is very important.

I want to have a strain for the daytime with an uplifting crystal clear high, a strain with Jack Herer genetics (I love those Jack Herer/ White Widow Hybrids, but Jack Herer is most important) and the third strain should be a couchlock.

I wouldn't mind a low price because the chance to lose some of the plants is real. But the price is less important, the characteristics mentioned above are more.

I already have some Strains in mind, but I don't have any experince with autos und low experince with outdoor growing. I can bring in my experience with indoor grows.

Thanks Guys :thank you:

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
I am at 66 degrees north and have a very similar growing season. This years got rained out and the twenty plants yielded under three ounces total. Very discouraging.
Auto Black Berry Kush did the best of the strains attempted but none like rain so I cannot really help.
Mostly I am posting to mention that the 'Tunnel' style greenhouse is very simple and cheap, basically half hoops with waterproof fabric keeping rain off the plants. The tunnels can be the difference between a stash for the winter or a pile of expensive mulch.

horstwerner

Oh I should have mentioned: I'm live in Europe, so our climate is different to Northamerica. Should more constant warm here. Our Summers are normally at 22°C in average.

Some breeders claim that all it needs to grow any plant in northern summers is to make them autoflowerin, but I doubt that. So I hoped to find a strain that might have been grown before in some kind of simular climates. It ist not easy to compare because Canadian Summers in the same latitude as mine should be a lot different.

Maybe someone has a clue. I don't have.

Tynehead Tom

have a look at afterthought autos and hybrids from hell.
I did some afterthought azure rocket this summer at 52.5N , 3000ft elevation, western Canada and will absolutely be growing it again. Very potent daytime smoke with exceptional sweet candy/berry flavours. Finished in august for me and was my first attempt at an auto. Yield wasn't awesome but that was my fault not the genetics.

other than that.... I'm gonna follow along as this topic interests me as well and I know there will be some folks with more experience chiming in too.

Calmag314

Crop king seeds auto jack here and northern lights did well for me outside this year im at 50N so they finished up early, mid august. Id try their NYCD auto too. Loved it indoors but put it in a shit spot outside and they only grew 1 foot. Damn good smoke none the less though lol.