What's new

Strain A reversed to Strain B and Strain B reversed to Strain A

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
What is the difference? Is there any? I see some seeds for sale with big price differences and the only difference is which one was reversed to the other.

This has left my neophyte brain trying to figure out what to do.

:comfort:

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
Offspring are the same either way according to tests Sam_skunkman has done, only difference would be seed size since it is determined by the female plant's calyx size.

I've done the double reverse and there was no difference in the offspring phenotypes as expected. The one difference was that seed size from the cross was different due to the maternal parents having considerably different sized calyx.

you can cross two female or cross two males by transforming one to the opposite sex, a transformed female clone to male will express pollen but it is still genetically a female, the same with males they can be transformed to female to make seeds.

Transforming males to a female will also allowing smoking of the male transformed to female expression or lab testing of the cannabinoids and terpenes they can contribute to progeny.

Regardless if the female is Haze or Skunk the f1 hybrids express the same general terpene and Cannabinoids, I have made hundreds and tested them.

There may be sex linked traits but this has not been proven in Cannabis.

-SamS

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Okay that is just fuckin golden. Thank you so much for that info and from a more than reputable source. This will save me 100+ bucks a pack heh.

Latest posts

Latest posts