What's new

Stories about dealers you have bought bud from

RRResin

Since the early 70's I've bought bud from dozens of dealers, from a 85 year old lady who ran a tiny road side shop on a Thai island to a dealer wearing a suit and all in between.

There were bat shit crazy, perpetually late, cheating scumbags while others were good people who were a pleasure to deal with despite risking years of their lives in the monkey house.

Here's a story about a dealer. I just arrived at the island, ran into a girl I knew who worked in a bar, I asked her where could I buy some ganja, she said "I know, but it's in town, I need a lift so take me to town and I'll show you where it is." Twenty minutes later we arrived at the little shack on the edge of town that sold cigs, noodles, spices, some veggies and a hundred other things. I was fluent in Thai, but let the girl do all the talking.
The second the old lady saw me she stated freaking out screaming "why did you bring this foreigner here...go away, I don't sell to them". My friend was trying to chill her out but she didn't stop. She stood up and was waving her hands around, nervously looking outside for cops and then I said in Thai "Chill, everything will be ok" in a soothing voice and soon I had a couple of handfuls of ok ganja wrapped up in couple of rolls of newspaper in my pocket...the last thing she said to me was "don't come back".

So back on the bike, took the ex to where she wanted to go, I waited then we rode back to the beach. Halfway home and a cop on a bike passed me and pulled me over. I snapped my head around at her and gave her the most filthiest look as if to say "did you set this up bitch?". She ignored the look, said calmly in Thai "Chill, everything is going to be ok". She got off the bike and walked up to the cop and started talking to him...it was obvious they were good friends and the only reason he pulled me over was to set up date with her. As she got on the back of his bike, she waved at me with a smile and they rode...I let out a huge exhale of relief and rode home still tingling with adrenaline.
Post a memorable (good,bad or otherwise) story you had with a dealer.

RRResin

My very first purchase of bud was from a classmate's big brother. Initially he didn't want to sell me anything then later relented and said he would but he made sure to tell me not to tell anyone about it about 15 times. I was only 12 or 13.

The way bud was sold back in my area in early 70's was in an empty match box stuffed full of seeds, branches, leaf and some young bud, it was low potency, but had a fantastic giggly high. A few mates of mine would smoke a jay on the playing fields of a nearby school on the weekends, then usually we would play a game of cricket, football etc in slow motion without a ball..the funniest was slo-mo badminton. We would all end up in the ground hysterically laughing so hard out stomachs would ache next day. Then we would lay on our backs on the grass and comment on the cloud shapes passing by, actually, thinking back this was pretty good bud.

But the big problem was the packaging...if you opened the box upside down then all or most of the ganja inside would sadly fall out on the ground which was usually grass, gravel or thick carpet!..that happened heart-breakingly way too often.