What's new

Stoner Metal / Doom Metal thread

Thomas Paine

Veteran
Hello all.

\m/

This thread is to post, find & share music and info about the Stoner Metal / Doom Metal genre.

This is a scene that is getting bigger and bigger, one that started with bands like Black Sabbath, Deep Purple & Iron Butterfly, draws a line to bands like Trouble, Saint Vitus and Electric Wizard, continuing to babnds like Mudhoney, Stone Temple Pilots and Soundgarden and up to the modern day with The Sword, Kadaver, Graveyard and Acid Witch.

So here is a great one, a band called ORCHID from San Francisco. Their newest album "Mouths of Madness" just came out this July:
[YOUTUBEIF]hTygdeTwZ9U[/YOUTUBEIF]

-------------

ORCHID "Capricorn"

1000x1000.jpg

Last edited:

Thomas Paine

Veteran
Candlemass is pretty cool, but I don't like the singers style.

I do like some high pitched singers (like King Diamond of Merciful Fate), but overall no so much. Cool guitar tone though. They aren't really "stoner-metal" either.

-------

Why would I want to sift through a huge thread of metal if I really only want to listen to or find out about this Stoner Metal styled stuff?

STONER METAL not cock rock metal

Thomas Paine

Veteran
Thats GREAT stuff, thanks never heard of either. Jackal Headed Guard of the Dead is dope as hell. Just grabbed the albums for free on bandcamp!

blackone

Veteran
Love me some good doom metal - any metal really as long as it doesn't suck; )
Check out Black Oath and Blood Ceremony.
Or these guys Hooded Menace - a very haunting song:[YOUTUBEIF]iNwkLxpz2a4[/YOUTUBEIF]

Last edited:

jayjayjay

New track from BALAM

New track from BALAM

New track from Newport RI's BALAM.

"Its safe to say its been far too long since we have released anything at all. The first EP 'Balam' was more of a fun project that we had going on at the time with little to no intentions of it becoming a serious band. The last song we released online called "Gravel Trip" is a tune about skateboarding that was written in little time, but doesn't represent who we truly are as musicians. The new songs we have written have a groove, they have more of a swing, and it's what we feel most comfortable doing. Not saying its entirely different because it still has elements of our first EP, but its a step in the direction we have been heading towards and we hope you enjoy it as much as we do. This is the new song "With The Lost" from our new album entitled 'Days Of Old'. Shout out to our home boy Trevor "Lord" Vaughan (xfilesx, breathing fire, rival mob, wolf whistle) for recording us once again! See all you beautiful people Saturday night at Moonlight Mile Recording with Natur and Pilgrim"

NEW TRACK 'With The Lost'

http://thybalam.bandcamp.com/album/days-of-old

https://www.facebook.com/balamband

HarleyJammer

Veteran
Imho, it all starts with Black Sabbath.

Add Sleep to the list as well as Cathedral, High on Fire, Fu Manchu, and Abdullah.