What's new

Stoned Bouldering

Moldy Dreads

Veteran
wikiphoto.jpg

124336_22720_L.jpg

This is one of my favorite boulders there, you start almost horizontal near the ground and climb a negative all the way up, alot of strength to get past the lip..(not me in the pics btw)

124160_7326_L.jpg

This is where I learned to boulder and had many inspiring afternoons by the ocean, haven't bouldered in a while. I find it more real and "free" than straight climbing with ropes.
I enjoy bouldering by the beach the best! I'd hate to fall on some rock, anyone ever get scraped up falling on a boulder? What I disliked the most was the POPeye sindrome in the forearms heehhe.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yah my best climbing buddy is a tradster,i just like bouldering and toproping at this point,so many old injuries at this point,broke an ankle bouldering,have fallen 25' +to the ground and walked away,popped tendons in my fingers,lost tons of skin,and yet i still love it!!

Brother Bear

Simple kynd of man
ICMag Donor
Veteran
when i was a younger man i had to climb everything :yes: just felt pulled to do so
glad to see a thread on this
still waiting for my kids to get a bit older till i take them out climbing

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i forgot about this thread, i just got back from a local spot the other day. perfect weather and lots of bowls.

moldy dreads looks like an awesome spot.

Tolpan

Whats up everyone:bump:

Just came back from Chironico/Ticino! It was fucking great to be bouldering outdoor again. All is working good, no more problems with my elbows!:jump:

Hope to be back next week and in fontainebleau in 2 weeks:dance013:

Pics soon:artist:

Cheerio

Tolpan

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i forgot about this thread, i just got back from a local spot the other day. perfect weather and lots of bowls.

moldy dreads looks like an awesome spot.

Whats up everyone:bump:
getting a new pair of shoes soon!! heading to cali as well!!

Just came back from Chironico/Ticino! It was fucking great to be bouldering outdoor again. All is working good, no more problems with my elbows!:jump:

Hope to be back next week and in fontainebleau in 2 weeks:dance013:

Pics soon:artist:

Cheerio

Tolpan

going to try to hit Hueco Tanks before i go west!! Yosemite here i come!!

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There also is some great bouldering in Moraine Park, which is inside rocky mountain national park. Also in RMNP along the trail to longs peak in a little place called the Goblin Forest is these huge 10, all the way to 40 foot boulders that have trees growing all around and over them, and it is by a big creek and everything is covered in mint green moss. It is a lot of fun to boulder there.

BoB91

Darn...

Darn...

This looks like something I would be into but alas I live in Florida where there are no boulders or mountains. Unless you call a big trash heap a 'mountain' .
:tiphat:

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah RMNP is sposed to have some good stuff! should have new shoes soon,hope to get out and snap some pics of the rocks!!

C

clydascope

I live in climbing heaven, not just bouldering but sport, trad, backcountry and big wall too.

I never really liked being high while doing difficult climbing though. Now after the climb, well that's a different story...