What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Still some Do it Yourself-ers out there

St. Phatty

Found this the other day.

Once fired Range Brass.

That's a 223 that someone converted into 300 BLK.

IMG_20201016_135210+.jpg

Here's another Do it Yourselfer.

This Guy built his own steam turbine etc.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Found this the other day.

Once fired Range Brass.

That's a 223 that someone converted into 300 BLK.

.223 stretched to .30? i wonder just how thick the brass is in the neck relative to the rest of the case. i wonder how often it will be safe to reload before neck cracks crop up...😬

St. Phatty

.223 stretched to .30? i wonder just how thick the brass is in the neck relative to the rest of the case. i wonder how often it will be safe to reload before neck cracks crop up...😬

The 223 base is about .375 outside diameter.

They cut off the neck and just use the bottom part.

Haven't tried it myself. Not sure what happens if you remove the neck and run it through a standard re-sizing die, or if it's another die.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
The 223 base is about .375 outside diameter.

They cut off the neck and just use the bottom part.

Haven't tried it myself. Not sure what happens if you remove the neck and run it through a standard re-sizing die, or if it's another die.

got it. i was thinking that they were expanding the existing neck, and using the case full length....👍

OutdoorBoy

You've done a great job with this! Unfortunately, I'm not very handy, and I only watch popular bloggers on YouTube. They are the real masters! Overall, it wouldn't hurt me to learn some skills. I'm already bothering my neighbor with my bike... it keeps breaking down for small reasons. Thanks to sites like this - https://www.bikethesites.com/how-to-inflate-presta-valve/ I am learning at least the simplest things, it has already worked out and I am super happy!

Last edited: