What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Still don't understand the outdoors thing

gonzo`

If I plant seeds straight into the ground are they going to get big outdoors on the 12/12 days? I want like two or three monster plants but I don't know if they will do well outdoors. Can someone chim in with their experiences...Vegging indoor is not an option for me.

Lastly, is it better to plant sativas or indicas? I quite like indicas but am scared that they won't perform well outdoors under the immediate 12/12..

PLEASE ADVISE!!!

ahortator

Veteran
Hello
It depends where you live. I asume you live near the equator. It is better that you grow your seeds first in pots, because when they are small are very weak. Snails and insects can kill them easily. When your plants are about one foot tall (30cm) you can plant them in the ground.
I think it is better growing sativas because they are mold resistant and grow bigger with 12/12, and indica became tiny and get mold with the first rains on the buds.

Good luck

Piel

Veteran
I once smoked a very nice landrace in Zim, it might have been a sativa, the smell and taste was like the weed we had in California back in the 70´s!

I´d take the advice to start in smaller pots. Anything should grow well where you are, remember that 12/12 usually doesn´t include dusk/dawn so it´s usually more like 16/8 even close to the equator.

Browser

H8ters gonna h8
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you're in a country that has 12/12 or similar, my suggestion is to go with a sativa, or with a sat dominant hybrid.

If you are new at growing, best would be to use some local seeds, to get some practice. Local seeds will be used to your local conditions and perform better.

If you want them to get big they need good soil, water and plenty of sun!

Andyo

Veteran
im growing haze/nl5/haze 8 deg north they finish in 4 mnths no mold about 5ft tall little branching ,nice loose soil with added coco fibre and feed n water.seed in ground netted and a ring of flowers of sulphur keeps bugs n critters away

Latest posts

Latest posts