What's new

Still a failure

Naindejardin

Honestly this is the worst grow ever. Everything I do to fix these plants ends in vain. Initially thought pH lockout, however 6.2 water and 6.8-7 runoff should be fine. Then thought perhaps they were hungry, being in Lush super soil I was skeptical, fed with aminos, Bhudda Bloom, Zeus Juice, and kept in the Tribus and MammothP. So feeding once per week (light) and water when dry. %RH ranges from 40-60, and temps are usually 75-80 in the day and 60s at night (nighttime temps not ideal but in a tent in the basement). I’m an idiot and don’t have a jewelers loop but perhaps I have russet mites as these were clones from a friend and I’ve only done seeds. Love to hear what y’all think and appreciate the expertise.
Thanks!

Attachments

• photo2041243.jpg
    photo2041243.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 23

Naindejardin

Here are more reference pics

Attachments

• photo2041245.jpg
    photo2041245.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 25
  • photo2041248.jpg
    photo2041248.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 28
  • photo2041250.jpg
    photo2041250.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 34
  • photo2041252.jpg
    photo2041252.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 30
  • photo2041255.jpg
    photo2041255.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 30
  • photo2041256.jpg
    photo2041256.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 26
  • photo2041257.jpg
    photo2041257.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 24

Growenhaft

Dann dachte ich, vielleicht hätten sie Hunger

that was a good thought, it's a shame they discarded it.

which earth exactly do you use. and what fertilizer? which pots and how much pot volume.

how much water do you use for watering?

Naindejardin

Growenhaft Roots Organics Lush is the media, in 7 gallon smart pots, approximately 1.25 gallon per plant per watering. They get dry but not completely desiccated nor wilting. As for fertilizer I use the Roots line as well: CalMag, Bhudda Grow and Bloom, and Surge. I have supplemented with Lumina from Impello and Oregon’s Zeus Juice (kelp and humates). Any input is great thanks!

MrMMJ

If you're inputting 6.2 water and getting 7 out, the level in the container is higher than 7. You also need to be reading the EC/ppm of your run-off. My guess is you're too high on both PH and nutrient levels. A microscope ( not a loupe) and a quality meter are invaluable tools. Good luck !

Naindejardin

MrMMJ I agree the soil might be “hot” I’ve never used the product before (Roots Lush super soil), I don’t understand how it keeps buffering to neutral, maybe excess oyster, lime, gypsum etc.? Agree with the microscope shoulda snagged one at work when they pitched a few, but c’est la vie. So next investment is an EC meter. Honestly I have fed super light because they have been in SS. See if the Uni is going to rid of excess microscopes like back in the day. EC meter has been on my radar, I need another Biden Check for this hobby hah. Thanks for the input again!

Growenhaft

Growenhaft Roots Organics Lush is the media, in 7 gallon smart pots, approximately 1.25 gallon per plant per watering. They get dry but not completely desiccated nor wilting. As for fertilizer I use the Roots line as well: CalMag, Bhudda Grow and Bloom, and Surge. I have supplemented with Lumina from Impello and Oregon’s Zeus Juice (kelp and humates). Any input is great thanks!

Unfortunately, i won't be able to be of much help to you. i am not familiar with the products mentioned and your system.
But what I can tell you is that the nutrient uptake of phosphorus and potassium is currently not working well at all. all other nutrients, especially many trace elements, are poorly occupied. whether this is due to an actual defect. or whether there has been a poorer nutrient availability?
to do this, I would have to know the products and the system, which unfortunately is not the case, and unfortunately I'm already outside again. good luck looking for someone who can really help you better.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
When I use Roots Organic, I only use water with a starting pH of (5.5) and only use pure rain or RO water. You may have let your pH swing too high and locked out nutrients. Roots Organic is a fucking killer potting soil but it needs an acidic pH to allow the nutrients to dissolve so the plant can use them, overwise they stay unavailable.😎

Naindejardin

Creeperpark Thanks man, my friend runs the same and pHs his pure water to 6.0 and I thought he was crazy but have realized after this feedback, that Roots soil is so finicky. Hope they will recover soon. What other soils do you use? FFOF or Promix? I’m running pure sativas next and need something less hot and more manageable.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
FWIW I run HP Promix and have since the beginning and never had any issues. I was told by the local hydro that it is the most forgiving material for neophytes :tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts