What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Steam Boat Springs CO Trip

hamstring

Veteran
Hello all
Mods move this if needed but, it looks like the State by State forum no longer exists.

My wife and I are going to Steam Boat Springs CO in June and wanted to find out cannnabis related things and just things in general to do? I have done a web search but looking for the peeps in the know. The best stuff is usually not published.

Bike riding, Hiking?
Where is the best place to buy smoke?
Places to eat?

Swamp Thang

Veteran
Can't offer any specifics since I'm time zones distant from Colorado, but I recently watched a documentary about bus tours that take visitors to Denver and other Colorado cities, on visits to various industrial grow ops and toking cafes around town, with premium bud laid on for the wanton smoking and vaping of guests aboard the tour bus. That sort of tour would definitely be on my agenda when I get around to visiting Colorado one of these days.

hamstring

Veteran
Swamp Thing
That does sound cool. I did find the state by state forum finally duh! I am hoping a mod will move this over to the CO page.

My wife is so square if you touch her you will get a cut on your finger. I will have to run this one by her but I am all in for this type of tour.

This is only our second vacation since we have been married 22 years ago. The first was tent camping hahahah. Never had the finances to go any where. Finally have the loan for my daughters college paid off. We now have a little disposable income. Its so weird to be even able to type "disposable income" What the fuck is that, right?

Last edited:

EMoose

Steamboat has happy hours all over the place. Cheap eats and drink mid afternoon. I bought from RMR, not sure if it's still there, good spot. Rabbit Ears pass is a great hike. Enjoy.

hamstring

Veteran
EMoose
Thanks, I will check out both of them. A quick search and I think this is RMR (TUMBLEWEED STEAMBOAT).

Sobergrower

Fly fishing is a big thing in Colorado. And steamboat springs has some great water. They also have geo thermal pools. If you are bored and up for a drive while you are here I would recommend either the peak to peak drive, head to Estes park, or over to Glenwood springs. Estes is a small town and the hotel that the shining was made about is an attraction. In Glenwood there are some great little restaurants and from a history perspective, you can visit Doc Holidays cemetery ( his grave is not marked but it is a pretty nice hike)

hamstring

Veteran
WOW! Sobergrower , I really appreciate that info.

I just read your post to my wife and neither one of us new anything you mentioned except the fly fishing. Doc Holiday and the Shining. That movie is iconic to people my age.

We are going in the middle of June which gives us a chance to research all of these things. Thanks again.

My wife has rheumatoid arthritis and we are somewhat limited to the physicality of some of the things to do. She's very active and we walk and bike together but there are limits. I saw all these Jeep or ATV excursions. Have no idea the cost but wanted get your or others thoughts on them?

Sobergrower

The hike to doc holiday may be tough it is up hill. Also in Estes is Rocky Mountain national park. Highly recommended if you like wildlife. The elk may be out and about. They are pretty magnificent. Lots of shops and stuff in town. I have never done one of the keep tours but they probably know where the good spots are.

I hope you enjoy Colorado!

hamstring

Veteran
Hey guys thought I would update on my trip. Beautiful views and weather . Didn’t do near as much as I wanted.

Since this is a cannabis site I thought I would comment on prices and variety.

Looked at three places. Billo, gold leaf and tumbleweed.
I went with tumbleweed for a few reasons.
Price $25.00/3.5 grams. The other two were $40 - 45/3.5 grams.

I picked garlic breath and do si dos. I think they were listed at 17.5 - 22% thc.

Billo had many listings with 27% or higher. I know these thc % ratings are generally hype but at least tumbleweed was closer to reality.

I never smoked garlic breath before. The buds were shaved real tight , unbelievably close. Good weed. On first smell I didn’t smell or taste any garlic . It had good taste but nothing stands out in particular. I thought the high was on par with my own GG4 and over all not a bad price for 25$/3.5 grams.
I was very surprised and think if I had to buy my weed and if it weren’t for taxes, it would compete with black market weed prices.

Thanks for everyone’s replies.