What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Stealth Dresser Build

piramidon

recidivist icmag - OUT-ist convins - microgrower
Veteran
Sooo niceee, a square grouper and four coc(os)a bricks.. :biggrin:
"Una troca salio de Durangooo, a las dos o tres de la manana..." :LOL:

Last edited:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Well, you could always just pray for the holes to appear.. i heard if you puff enaugh weed it will happen! :muahaha:
Good luck with the build!

NeDank

All the stuff is here
100_1145.JPG

piramidon

recidivist icmag - OUT-ist convins - microgrower
Veteran
I thought you're building a grow cabinet, but I can see you're about a hypersonic wind tunnel.. :LOL:

NeDank

I'm thinking

1. The bottom drawer stays where it is this way I wont need to buy plywood to make a floor
  2. Take out cross and support bars but how to attach dresser door. Maybe magnetic locks in combination with hinge
Still just planning but thought I'd give an update

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I knew of a fellow in my profession, or the profession that I retired from ( many many many moons ago I had my own office at heritage in dallas prior to hanging my own shingle which lasted from 1993 till the big rip off 3 + years ago )) who was really good at woodworking and built a custom coin cabinet and posted pics on the biggest coin forum at collectors universe which is pretty huge.
Soon he had inquiries from all over the country and he was NOT offering to make them he was merely showing pics of what he made for his own head, himself. But he decided to go ahead and start making them to fill orders and found out that the gasses produced by stain products and finishing chemicals interacted with the surfaces of the coins despite the coins mostly being in hermetically sealed containers and essentially destroyed the surfaces of valuable rare coins!
Moral of the story, it would appear you too have a winning idea that, don't know your socio-economic position but this could become something that you could perfect and market custom cannabis cabinets worldwide and have some fun doing it, just cover all the bases you can going in!
I have a friend who brought back a carved bar for the home from thailand. It's beautiful with elephants carved into it and special places for glasses, bottles etc. I would really like to have something like that made but for pot but with holes and placemarkers made for black glass jars of variuos sizes instead of bottles. The bar in thailand was approx $3500. usd but that was a while ago. I would prefer a sort of indochine backround with dragons. Somewhere between 5-10k usd is my estimate from then and not sure if that included shipping.
I am smoking some really really great pot by the way while I type this and getting quite stoned which is a verrry rare moment for Mr Tudo as my cannabis intake is almost exclusively to help me deal with fking pain. This time in the last oh.....time is flowing like a river.....I guessaboit an hour that it began and I actually got stoned on this very excellent material....and am so happy about it as this is not something that happens often, thank you for allowing me to indulge myself here
jsmile027.gif

Is it noticeable heh?
16_6_1v.gif

Good luck with your build and may it take you to solar systems you did not know of before starting this!

Last edited:

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ooooh I found some images, let me see if they will post so as to give you some more ideas. Remember though these cabinets shown are for coins

IMG_0059.jpg

plutiot

Edit: Nixed this cab

Here is the cab I'm considering buying for this project. Maybe one big piece of reflective insulation inbetween the doors and the rest of the cab? I've pretty much got the inside air flow figured out I just need help figuring light proofing the door.
View attachment 18716168
my ikea dresser have sligtly wider doors so i cut some thin strips of velcro/tape i had lying around, now the seal isnt perfect by any stretch, but its an improvment, helps with ligth leaks too