What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Stavanger and the Greater Norway Area

StaringattheSun

I will be living in Stavanger for a year and was wondering if some of the Norwegian board members (or anyone for that matter) could give me an idea of to what to expect in terms of availability, quality, and prices of bud/hash. Also, any input about the region in general would be greatly appreciated.

clorox

Smokin on that serious...
everything ive read about norway is that its not the place to visit for smoking cannabis.

420ftw

I'm from Norway, nowhere near Stavanger tho.

About 90% of the norwegian cannabis market is moroccan hash, while the last 10% is mostly locally grown weed or afghan hash. Point is, when you get here, dont expect to find any weed for sale, however getting a hold of some moroccan hash is easy.
That being said I am currently blazing trough a big bag of blueberry that I recently got, and I live in a region of the country where it is much harder to find good bud than I imagine it is in Stavanger.

As for quality, if you dont know your moroccan hash you should probably try to find a fellow stoner before you go out to score. The hash comes in very variable quality and if you dont know good hash from bad, you might get hustled.
Moroccan hash makes you stoned, not high, and is IMO a different experience than smoking weed. Of the two weed will usually be stronger, for some strange reason I still seem to prefer hash. Depends on what you are used to I suppose...

Generally the price of 1 gram of hash = 100NOK = about 17 usd.
1 gram of (good) weed = 150 NOK.

Jebfx

Hey man. I am from Norway.

With the right friends you can get homegrown weed with good quality, but don't have any high expectations. As said we mostly got morrocan hashish here in norway, but usually you can get some good quality shit. The prices varies from 100-120 NOK per gram, but sometimes good hashish will cost 130-150 NOK per gram.

Stavanger is a great place with some nice and outgoing people, I am sure you will enjoy your stay. If I were you I would go to the norwegian cannabis forum, www.norcan.org and post there in the english section. Ask for a guided Stavanger tour, I know there a good hearted people who surely will help you. good luck.

Last edited:

vend

norway got some wicked smoke nowadays. the prices are high but its like a mini amsterdam here now when it comes to hash:D

rebelweed

A good way to score hash in almost any city of some size in Norway is to hit the bars in the daytime. If you go to the city centre of your town around 15 o'clock and visit the busiest bar you find, chances are very good that there is someone inside selling hash,or at least you should be able to find a guy willing to hook you up. Just go inside and look around being seemlingly interested and in search of something - the pushers will spot you quickly and ask if they can help you in any way - as long as you don't come off as a policeman.

Also, don't expect top quality. The "mini-amsterdam" mentioned above is only available to a select few, the vast majority of smokers here are fed with very low quality moroccan hash of the rubio/pollen kind and have no chance of scoring anything of higher quality.

There is practically no street sales of hash anywhere in Norway except for in Oslo.

sharkrider

Norway is a terrible destination if one is seeking herb. although it is available, marijuana use is not as popular or accepted as in some other countries.

Latest posts

Latest posts