What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

State Officials will use Minors in Marijuana-Buying Stings

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
lots of good points, i'd agree an 18 year old youth is not a child.

also a good point about the drinking and smoking age being different to the enlistment etc age is hypocritical, on the other hand we all do agree that smoking cannabis is best left to mature adults in most cases. so medically it might be a sensible rule to make it 21.

speaking of age etc, i recently read an article saying that in this day and age kids are allowed to be kids for longer and that the new 25 is now 30. i think, from a mental maturity point of view they may well be correct.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
why isnt this considered taboo....
endangering the life of a child
contributing to the delinquency of a minor
child abuse, and use
waste of tax payers dollars to pay for the guys running these stings...
Article 19: State obligations to protect children against maltreatment and abuse.
Article 33: State obligations to protect children from the illicit use of narcotic and psychotropic drugs.

I see all kind of problems w/ this,....indeed

Because the aren't children. These are adults age 18 - 20 who normally perform this service in exchange with NOT being charged for underage drinking. The pigs and system are rotten.

:joint:

purplelorax

New here and saying what I'm about to say will prolly guarantee I never get any rep ever lol, But I don't understand what the problem is here...are we saying 18-21 year olds should be able to buy weed legally? That's a different issue from the proposed plan to use minors in sting operations...the new legal marijuana stores will have plenty of customers over 21 to keep them in business lol, if the law is no one under 21 can purchase marijuana, what are some other suggestions for ways to ensure its not occurring? I see no problem with the popo busting businesses that are either to greedy or lazy to check IDs and play by the book...

Latest posts

Latest posts