What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Star wars the force awakens BEWARE "spoilers"

SocalNugz

Damn anyone else horribly dissapointed?
Shit was the original star wars all over again does jj Abrams have an original bone in his body?
First he fucks up star trek now star wars.
By far my least favorite of the series.
It was scene for scene the same damn movie as the original almost down to everything. So bad I knew what was coming next.

Yeah, feel kinda the same. An the new big bad boss man is...golem?
The new chick is cooler and way less Whiney than Luke was tho!

SocalNugz

Ya it wasn't a bad movie necessarily just didn't expect it to be the same as the first one, it does call itself episode 7 why make it the same as 4? Kinda lazy an unimaginative.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
agreed ,,, just too many similarities to the first for me too ,
they have such great effects thesedays ,
but they cant make a story to save themselves ...

any guesses as to who the girl is ?? or is that too obvious also ..

ChinggisKhaan

I saw it yesterday. OMG I agree with everyone. It's so much like the first. I think they did that to get another generation into what they got in 1977. Modern Star Wars for the ones who didn't get to be in the first round back then. I' 54 so I saw the first and this one. I never saw the other movies.

I think the girl is Lukes daughter.

Scrappy-doo

There were some similarities, perhaps too many, but in no way was it even close to scene for scene the exact same movie. Imo aside from episode V this was the best out of all of them, with IV coming in 3rd place.

Scrappy-doo

Don't hate it, but it was my least favorite of the trilogy. A little too kiddie for my taste. I'd put it far ahead of the prequels.