What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SPYDRX PLUS

THC123

Veteran
WHat I am wondering about with these lights is they say the hanging height is 15 centimeter. Doesnt this mean that you can only scrog your plant under it? I mean if you don't scrog and the plant grow tall, lets say 60-80 cm tall, the light, will it penetrate enough? The lower parts of the plants will be at a distance of much more than 15 cm?

Or maybe the shorter version of this question, can you do sea of green with these lights?

eric2028

Veteran
1.3 gpw. Did better then hps lights.I’m a believer. Penetration was good. Plants about 5 foot tall. Pruned at flip and again after stretch. Bud structure and aroma was equally good.

Muleskinner

Veteran
If you want more penetration try Fluence's light-bar fixture, the 525w VyperX+ will get it done and is much cheaper per watt.

THC123

Veteran
I saw both units in action at greentech amsterdam and I am impressed by the intensity and coverage of the lights. They blinded me!!There were many led manufacturers but fluence was without a question the best !!

I will be choosing the spydryx plus for my tent!!!! No question about it!

The vypr was also impresssive but more suited for bigger rooms but for my 5 x 5 ft the spydr is perfect!

The viparspectras are going out the door !!!!

Muleskinner

Veteran
For 5X5 you probably need the 1535 umol SypderX+, that is 661 umol/sqm, the VyperX at 1190 umol would only be 512 umol/sqm and 600 is supposed to be the minimum for flowering cannabis. 5x5 is 2.32 square meters.

to save money I"m sure you could use the VyperX+ and just supplement the corners with extra bulbs.

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
I wish Fluence would chop the VyprX Plus in half and have the two bars about two feet apart. Each bar around 2-3 feet. Think of the SpydrX bars but thicker and only two of them. Total wattage around 550-600 at the wall. That would be amazing.

-Funk

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I wish Fluence would chop the VyprX Plus in half and have the two bars about two feet apart. Each bar around 2-3 feet. Think of the SpydrX bars but thicker and only two of them. Total wattage around 550-600 at the wall. That would be amazing.

-Funk

I have a pre- Fluence BML SPYDR 600 (6 bars) and Amare Technology COb Hybrids. Amare makes shorter CoB lights that might fit your needs

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
For those of us who prefer bar type lights, Amare is introducing their version soon

It will improve on the SPYDRs design

TahoeTops

I am glad to see other have been using the Spydr's. There seems to be new technology on the market now. any recommendations from anyone?

negative37dBA

Veteran
Build your own. You can get great value for money and get a super sexy high performance light. I just finished building a 640 watt Fluence killer. I used the Photo boost strips from Pacific Light Concepts and Mean Well drivers. I am getting around 2.78 umols/j at 1400ma with 2 320 drivers. Shes a beast and the best part is I got to build it my self for around half of what a Fluence would have cost me.
Here it is partly assembled for some testing.
picture.php

Fully lit and rolling.
picture.php

Have a great day all.
Peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Nice job! Are they Dimmable?

Full dimming with a 100K ohm pot and you can dim them both off of one.. This is a really nice design and is able to be reconfigured if you want to change your settup. I am going to build a second smaller one for my 2x4 veg tent. Probably go with a 4 or 6 bar at 24" long for each bar.
Greengenes from PLC does a great tutorial on how to build these. Makes it very easy if you have a bit of DIY in ya. Have a great day all.
Peace, negative.

toohighmf

Veteran
Quick question one of you spydrx+ v.1 users: if I have the 3.5mm Jack can I just run a cheap potentiometer/dimmer switch to it or am I forced to use the spendy Fluence dimmer? Thanks!

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have an original which has one driver that supplies all 6 bars individually. This allows to unplug the ones you don't need, as in for veg stage