What's new

sprouting beans into rockwool cubes

SofaKingStupid

All rite! This is great. Been doin this since 01 but Im a cutter, not a bean popper. And its been a while too, Aint grown now since 14. But!! I been gettin stuff together for bout 2 years now. Its taken me a while but i finally got everything I need to start a small room. The plan is to start with 1k first harvest and get another light or 2 rite away if posible. Well anyhow, I got everything I need to do a 1st run and Im at the point where im getting my seeds in 2 weeks and starting. Well anyhow, Im kinda doing this in the form of my former gardens, the last of witch was a 3.6k RDWC flower room where I also had a completely flourrescent mother and clone room. everything went directly into hydroton in 3" netpots in 5 gallon buckets. I ran it a good number of years with a Blue Dream cut out of the Harbourside. Before that I had a Sugar Shack going in Aeroponics. That I started from seed. Now I want to start some Runtz Muffin and my weak point is actually poppin beans. What I want to do is start them in rockwool cubes under a dome and once they're sprouted put the cubes into 3" net pots with hydrotons all around and under them and immerse them partly in the water in the 5 gallon buckets. I usually cut 6 holes in a bucket lid. And I plan to keep the water level at where the cube is actually sitting with just the very bottom of it touching the water. I meen just to where the cube is barley able to wick up water. -Then as the sprout gets hungry, I'l adjust the ph and start feeding her FF 3-2-6. lightly at first and then up to full strength untill shes ready to mother. Hows that sound? Its been a while so I could appreciate the critique.

Last edited:

RockinRobot

When using Rockwool for starters I usually use the paper towel method to sprout the seeds before moving them into the RW