What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Spring Harvest crew..

wolfshadow

Hello fellow stoners :wave:

I got to looking and seen that I have not contributed much ,so I figured I would share my growing methods.Some might be familliar with this method,but those who are not,Enjoy :friends:

First and for most I will put up pictures as soon as I can get my camera situated.

A lil rundown on what I will be doing. I will be HARVESTING 2 crops before May's end :eek: Most ppl cant do this but I BET there is ALOT of you who can. Things you will need. 3 48" shoplights {floros} Att: Mods we will be going outdoors but we will have to start indoors.

I ALREADY have established mother plants,so if you got them. Great!!
But for those who want to do this you must plant ASAP,because NOW its a race with the sun.The sun has reached its southern most point{winter solstice} and will start to rise back to its zineth {highest point}. I will get back to this later if need be.

I have 3 floros side by side.Under these 3 lights I have {4} 11"x24" trays.In each of these trays I have 18. 9oz SOLO clear cups.Wholes in bottoms of course :wink: For A gran total of 72 plants. This is what I call a rack.I have Several stacked ontop of one another.Its just A simple homade wooden shelf.

Light cycle is kept on 24/7.These plants NEVER see darkness.This,and MATURITY is KEY in this method. So get them plants started! This method Im sure will work anywhere in the world so LONG as your area does not have A BIG light jump gain each day. So I guess for yall to figure this out would be first to look and see HOW long your longest day is,and then look in WHAT incriments,as in Min per day it takes to get to there.

How I do it is I put plants out on EACH side of the summer.My first "wave" will be out in the woods by 1st of march.My 2cd will be out before spring Equinox.When time is equal..I will harvest the first wave first of may and the second shortly there after.

Now there is some things to know that will HELP you a great deal.I will help those that wish to follow along.I will get pics ASAP for yall.I will answer all reasonable questons.

I wanted to get this started so yall will have time to get those seeds started.
Im not on as much as I would like to be,so if it takes me awhile to get back,Sorry in advance :confused:
Mery X-mas yall :friends: And Happy Growing New Years!!!!!
<<ws>>

Hooked-On-Grown

Veteran
so are you going to run clones from moms or seeds?
Do you just grow them up in 9oz cups or do you transplant before you put them into the ground? Do you plant them in the ground? or leave in racks?

I assume the racks are just for vegging......

I believe I could pull this off with no problem.

Great tips for the outside wolfshadow :friends:

wolfshadow

HOG...
I myself already have estasblished Moms.Its Crucial to use MATURE plants,By this I mean @ least 8 weeks under 24/7 light.But seeds will work to,Just have to cull males once outside {presiouse} cup space :wink:

They go straight to the ground from the 9oz cups.Rootbound for this method is A good thing.I have left them in cups for over 8 weeks.When they DO find soil the roots DONT have NO problems Hualing ass:eek: They will have A tremendouse growth spurt.
Another good reason for 18 per tray is they are easy to tote into bush.

Yes the racks are for Clone/veg.I reclone them even in the 9 oz cups to plugs.72 per tray.The spring equinox is important.After this some places start to get like 5+ min aday daylight.5 minutes added each day WONT work,but if you are only gain a min or two the plants will finnish.I find once triggerd into flower,it takes Atleast 5 min a day to SLOW them down and want to revert to vegg..

By the time I am Harvesting in may,The annuals will go out.Started outdoors to grow the full term of the summer.Then on the backside of the season.About in aug I do the SAME thing as I did on the front side of the season.I can get 3 harvest like this.Plus I will be harvesting the annuals about the end of sep..That is A TOTAL of SIX harvest in one years time.All outside.

Im sure for those who are not familiar w/this will be amazed..
<<ws>>

Hooked-On-Grown

Veteran
yes.....being a indoor hydro guy....who just dabbles in soil, also indoors.....
I am amazed and willing to learn how to get 6 harvest outside, in one year!! :eek:

G

what part of the world you at, and climate region? (without being too specific of course)

i have a tough time believing that this could be done if you get too far north or south of the equator.... dunno tho, but i think your location is a pretty important peice of info here....

anyway, will be cool to see this thread through.... 6 harvests in 1 season, yikes!

THC

wolfshadow

THC..
I can do six,but I been doing this now for 10 straight years {this method}.Im not saying that EVERYBODY can. Its all in HOW quick your area's daylight increaments increase.Im in the SE.But I have had plants flower @ 14 hrs daylight.Its just the Heat/Humidity that does them in.Too hot for buds..LOL..Nothing goes out in june, july.Only in mid aug.Thats 2 1/2 IDLE months right there.But, the annuals are out growing thru these HOT months {they love it}..
<<ws>>

There is a few tricks that I do to get things to flower faster,or grow a lil more before they flower.This deals with the phases of the moon

wolfshadow

I start putting my plants out in mid feb.In most cases I DO have to worry about HARD freezes that do hit here.When the first ones go out,they are in bigger pots.These are the "MOTHERS" that I have used thru the winter for clones.They NORMALLY look properly RAPED :eek: During these hard freezes I will go out just before dark and put them in a CAMO tent.But for those who have EVEN colder temps {I have done this only once} Sterno cans they use for HEATING works fabeulas!!! But these BIGGER plants will stay in thier pots until Im sure they will be okay.But they have been out awhile by this time and ready to flower and go into the ground.
The cuts that I had taken off them plants are rooted and ready by then,and the moon is correct for these to take a lil longer to flower and grow more.

Right now: I think daylight is only maybe 10 hrs and its a cold wet rain
{wich aint good} about 40 dgrs.I have plants out in this weather right now flowering fine.

My theory:
When a plant is kept in 24/7 lighting for a very long time,{i have plants thats 2 years}
and has never seen darkness they tend to bud so long as it gets dark on A regular pattern,no matter if its 14 hrs daylight 10 hrs darkness.Now the full moon kinda throws a monkey wrench in this whole thing when you are dealing with peak daylight hours and I would imagine the buds will be airy and thin during this time{if Extended}.I have DONE this but ONLY when we were losing daylight and the flowers did tighten up a bit.

Summer SOLSTICE:
Is important.This is the Longest day.After this date;June 22.Or there abouts for me give or take a day{not sure off hand}The daylight hours start to @ first slowly decrease then proceed a lil more rapidly.This is the trigger that tells all outside plants
"hey!! someting be happening" .Its still too hot,{if you have alot of rain}@ this time wich is why I have to wait until aug to start putting them back out..

Damn!!
My butt's sore.
Gotta go burn one:wink: :wave:

NIce OG Gallery Wolfshadow. I would love to be able to get 4,5,or 6 harvests outdoors. I cant really grow any dense indicas down here (in Fla) because of the humudity and mold.But I have been ok with the larger sativas.
Do you think I could do multiple harvests in Fla? I have always assumed I could but just never really had enough clones to try. This would be the first year I would actually be able to produce enough clones to have several nice size outdoor harvests.

wolfshadow

I would bet MY left nut on it:wink:
Prolly less than a hundred betwinst us :eek:

Ps...In that other gal did you see all them indicas?
I have YET to find the STRAIN that fails me.Your right about the heat/hum.
Thats why I hit each END of the Summer :wink:
<<ws>>

tokinjoe

Wolf

I have heard of this but it is the first time I've ever seen pics of it. Your plants look like the only green things in the woods! This is one thread I'm definately going to keep my eyes on. We are still getting hard freezes here in March. Not being able to grow close to the house I have no idea how I would grow as you are doing. Keep it going bro, yer drawing a following on this one. :canabis:

wolfshadow

LOL... Yea it does look a lil bland in background.
Some of these went out mid FEB.NONE of my plants are REMOTELY close to any home
{bad practice}unless,your real sure of security.Also,during these cold spats I stay ON LOCATION.In most cases the freeze last just A couple nights.Its best to set up a dif tent for plants. I also construct green house right on location.I take several cans of green,brown,black spray paint and camo.I will try and find pic of one.Again I dont realy like using OG gal.But I will until I can get better situated so yall can get prepped
But,here is A shot of Home made green house in the bush..
http://www.overgrow.com/edge/galler...on=view&sortby=&in=bigGHjpg.JPG&s=...Also.One thing to keep in mind is SPRING gobblar season.But they have to be out of the woods by 12 noon.I know where they will hunt,as should you.
<<ws>>

wolfshadow

That GH is 5' wide by 15' long.Very well camo'ed.I only used that one once and it kinda pissed me off so I just pitch A DOME camo tent now.Less trouble :wink:

Okay let me stay on track here.The moms are first out the door.Because they are bigger.In bigger pots and can live a lil longer in the pots and can handle colder weather.They will @ first look like shit from the prev clones and move ect.But once you get them in thier holes and by the time the moon reaches full they are usualy kicking ass in MAD growth.
If anyone has trouble cloning I would suggest that they research SOQUICK.No one quicker,simple as that.

So the MOMS are out the door.This will leave ALOT of space.But,I have 3 racks of 72 each rack with 9 oz cups{growing well}.Plus one rack w/288 fresher cuts<<<<These are the inside and lower branches of the mothers and some of the bigger tops of the ones in 9 oz cups wich now will go into 1 gal pots and under MH on light rail for about 10 days.These plants will TAKE OFF!!!
This leaves 3 racks open.By now ALL fresh clones are rooted and they go into 9 oz cups.You gonna have 288 fresh cups ready to go under the now 4 empty racks..
I would like to say that I started this Method w/only floros and it works realy well.So DONT think you need a HID or wont work>>>Not true..A person can have a never ending harvest with only 6 floros..2 racks.Bottom rack has 72 in the cups.I top these once they are big enough and put 72 clones under top lights.I let the bottom rack grow for another 2 weeks before going out.This way you will have 2 colas.Then your ready to do it again.

Any closet will work.You do not need a large space.I have found that LEO has no glory in going thru all that brush for a 15 inch pot plant!!!!LOL,no sir! They like to be seen dragging trees:wink:. With out A DOUBT if everybody could use this method LEO would give up the fight REAL quick.No way to control it.They got 60 days to get lucky
after that its happy harvest.
Merry X-Mas!!!
<ws>

wolfshadow

28 degree's this morning:eek:...

I have 50 plants outside in this mess.They went out 12-5-04.LOL,I guess im gonna have to call this one a half a crop. They dont seem to mind too bad.They will stay in tent until its warm enough to take them out about 10 this morn.

Hopefuly I will have pics up this week. I been rethinking this year.I believe I can squeez 3 harvest out THIS spring.Each about 2 weeks apart.Starting mid FEB.Going until about mid march.Spring equinox is my shut off date.

Happy New years!!!
<<ws>>

tokinjoe

Wolf

Assuming I'm going to start indoors and transplant outdoors, does putting them out the first of June matter? That is my intention..Also, if I veg for 5 or 6 weeks first, does it matter if my lighting is on 24 hrs?

wolfshadow

Okay here we go.Im STILL learning this gal :eek:
This is the mothers. They look abit thin right now,because I took cuts from them. It Soooo cool to be able to LOAD photo's and they come up like they are supposed to.. Thanks IC :canabis:

wolfshadow

This is the clone rack.Notice that the trays are directely on top of floros.This helps them stay warm..Cant have NO leaking trays though.

Also these all will be recloned within 2 weeks :whip:

wolfshadow

@ Tj..

June should be fine for you.You will NOT have the Humidity like we do.They will GROW
to be pretty big before flowering.Prolly start in aug sometime.As far as yield goes,I cant realy say "wich" has done best for me because I like them all :canibus:
<<ws>