What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

South Carolina...hmmm.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
a GOP House member from South Carolina is introducing a cannabis legalization bill, as well as possibly the most restrictive medical cannabis bill in the country...mixed blessings, i know. while not that noteworthy in itself (common sense does crop up in the GOP time to time) , her legalization bill is attracting some pretty solid backing. the Americans for Prosperity (conservative group funded by the Kochs) is fully behind it. also, the second largest employer in the US is on board. yup, Amazon wants it passed, saying it will increase their potential employee pool by over 10%. plus, the company is pushing for automatic clearing of criminal records for non-violent cannabis crimes, and the end to drug testing for cannabis RE employment. they also want it to be retroactive, to allow folks that were denied a job and/or fired for failing/refusing a test to be able to get jobs again. THIS sounds more like the GOP that i used to be a member of, instead of the mentally constipated asshats in office now... looking at YOU, Hawley, DeSantis, Cruz, Cawthorn and Komrades.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
dammit, this one is in wrong area. wanted it in cannabis laws, not medical. oh well. that's what i get for smoking dope...