What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

sour diesel, but not og kush, is closely related to chemdawg

gummo

hello

i am a student of population genetics

i make this chart from public data from PHYLOS BIOSCIENCES:

phylos-filtered-pca-good.png

it is called principal component analysis or PCA.

i think it is good because it put sativa on the left and indica on the right:

sat-ind.png

also i want to test the hypothesis that og kush and sour diesel are both come from chemdawg. these data say sour diesel yes, but og kush no:

sd-chem.png

one way to think is that space on the chart is close to genetic distance among strains. so it is logical to see that HEADBAND is half the way between sour diesel and the og cluster.

but, if og kush was hybrid from chemdawg, then the other parent must be far to right off chart.

this analysis is not perfect but i hope it has some utility.

does it correspond with your perception?

thank you

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
hello

i am a student of population genetics

i make this chart from public data from PHYLOS BIOSCIENCES:

View attachment 18965723

it is called principal component analysis or PCA.

i think it is good because it put sativa on the left and indica on the right:

View attachment 18965724

also i want to test the hypothesis that og kush and sour diesel are both come from chemdawg. these data say sour diesel yes, but og kush no:

View attachment 18965726

one way to think is that space on the chart is close to genetic distance among strains. so it is logical to see that HEADBAND is half the way between sour diesel and the og cluster.

but, if og kush was hybrid from chemdawg, then the other parent must be far to right off chart.

this analysis is not perfect but i hope it has some utility.

does it correspond with your perception?

thank you
Thanks, for the charts friend. They're very interesting and informative. .

Latest posts

Latest posts