What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SOS I did something stupid!

armedoldhippy

Veteran
At least you didn't pump a gasoline engine's fuel tank full of diesel (or vice versa).. Or add coolant to your oil... ;^>)

Besides, look at it this way; every mechanical foul-up is an opportunity to stay home, eat well, drink a beer, and smoke a joint.... until you pick a path and your job is done... With the right beer and joint, that might be days of rest and relaxation to be had. ;^>)

getting ready for work one morning, realized Sportster was low on gas. grabbed one of my dads gas jugs & started pouring. too late! it was used motor oil... so i did exactly what you said & took full advantage of bad situation. at least i didn't try to start it & suck oil into the carb & cylinders.:woohoo:

al70

Veteran
pull the return hose off the resorvoir and start the car, it'll empty in less than a minute, goodluck.