What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sonoma passed additional 10% tax on gross (sales)

Deezl

So now we have:
10% county (on gross/sales)
15% exice sales tax
$148 a pound cultivation tax
8% regular sales tax (until we can start to wholesale without paying sales tax like is required now even on wholesale wtf)

... So that's about $800 tax on a $2000 unit

Plus corporate tax and personal income tax, about 25(?)% each.

And they're just getting started, they have a year to pile them on before we even get going.

The local city Santa Rosa is already setting up another special election to add a city taxes.

Wack

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
wow...well I had to leave Cali last year due to divorce...maybe moving back isn't that good an idea?

seeded

The biggest mistake our side ever made was offering the enemy compensation for ending the war and then not tying that taxation solely to a general sales tax that effects everything purchased. If they want to sin tax us into oblivion they'd have to then do it for everyone with everything ever purchased but instead we went full retard and allowed them to slug us for more than half of what we produce.

Seems to me that they not only won the war but they won some slaves too.

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
Always be careful what you ask for. When it bites you in the ass remember half the teeth are your own.

cryptop

People from the cannabis community need to start snatching up every type of license--that includes distribution and transportation.