What's new

Some words of thanks

indifferent

Veteran
Hi folks

First, let me explain what happened to me just before this year's cup:

I was arrested at 5:10pm on Friday, 16th April and spent a few days in a police jail cell, finally being released mid afternoon on Monday, 19th April. I hotfooted it to Amsterdam and made it there early evening. A couple of quick phonecalls and I was in touch with a couple of good friends who were in town.

Big thanks to mrhaze420 for his help, he co-ordinated efforts to turn my days in a hole experience into something rather more pleasurable.

So here I am, just out of jail, hardly anything to my name, not at all high and stuck in Amsterdam. Luckily, a horde of Vikings had invaded and I was invited to their boat. Wow, the day I spent on that boat with Esbe, Paddi, Browser, Zen Seeds and a few others more than made up for the days in a hole. Within 5 minutes of arriving I had three joints in hand, 'Belgian's Strongest Beer' in my hand and was basking in the warm glow of friendship and kindness the Viking boat was awash with.

So many bags of weed were placed in front of me I couldn't smoke them all, but I very fondly remember the Teheran Devil and Early Durban by Paddi The Outdoor Man, both spicy and my type of smoke. The Diesel by Karma and the Sonic Fly by Mosca were also memorable. Browser provided some very welcome delicious hashy treats and Zen Seeds made sure I got to experience not only Belgian's Strongest beer but also some other exotic Belgian beers too.

So in the space of 12 hours I went from tiny horrid jail cell to one of the finest smokeouts I have experienced, it was a truly great time for me and my deepest thanks to the Viking horde, you guys are some of the finest men I have ever met and I hope we meet again soon!

Here, in no particular order, are the people who I would like to thank from the bottom of my heart for the immense help you rendered me in transitioning from jailbird to happy stoner about town:

Esben
Paddi
Core
Browser
Zen Seeds
Mr Haze
OJD
Cheesyblues
Karma Genetics
Harry Resin
Bear
Jamieshoes
Moppel
Mila
Londinium

If Paddi would like to post the pics he took of me on the boat, please do so, I have no concerns regarding security and would love to see some memories of a great night.

I'm sure I have forgotten some people I should be thanking, apologies to those. I am no longer able to visit Amsterdam, so I am planning to host a smokeout later this year for the UK crew.

All in all, 420 2010 was the best time I have ever had at a cup and all due to the great people I met and their kindness, so let's have a virtual group hug and be glad there are a few really good-hearted people in this world!

indifferent

Veteran
I forgot to mention THC4SIM, he played a huge role in getting me home safe and sound, another amazingly warm-hearted gentleman!

G

Guest 16149

The stoner generosity shows thru :) Good way to take care of a down on his luck fellow, guys. Each of you should be very proud to have helped out someone in need :)
Sounds like he was not indifferent of his treatment by you :))

indifferent

Veteran
Indifferent is a sarcastic nick, I'm a pretty passionate guy really.

There is a lot more to the story to tell, but I'm shattered after arriving back in UK, I'll fill in more details over the next few days.

Blimey

Take A Deep Breath
Veteran
Glad to hear you're back home in one piece, and very proud of the community spirit we have here.

indifferent

Veteran
Cheers mate, it is in the hard times you find out who the good guys really are, and I certainly learnt who the good guys really are in the last week or two as times been very hard.

Londinium

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Glad you are home safe mate...and the hospitality and kindness of the others you mention is no surprise to me at all...A more decent, pasionate bunch of people arent easy to find....Much Love to all the IC Maggers who beat the Volcano and for the less fortunate,left at home there is always next year! JBo ;]

indifferent

Veteran
The Volcano tried to beat a few icmaggers in Mila's but we toked it out, a few had to start passing on some of the later bags, but Paddi didn't let a single one pass him by and I was nailing every one too, and Core kept on filling up new ones!

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
i always considered you a great person and brother my friend, and our personal meeting was just telling me that what i belive in is true! you have that viking blood in you man!

indifferent

Veteran
i always considered you a great person and brother my friend, and our personal meeting was just telling me that what i belive in is true! you have that viking blood in you man!

Thanks man, means something coming from you!

I expect a long gone ancestor of mine was raped/pillaged/looted by the Vikings at some point!

I am drawing a small cartoon about my experiences with the Viking horde in Holland, never drawn a cartoon before, so it might be crap!

Latest posts

Latest posts