What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Some outdoor nuggies

Jayden7676

Getting hammered by the rain , slurrcane from inhouse genetics

Attachments

• FJIMG_20230321_161345.jpg
    FJIMG_20230321_161345.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 64
  • FJIMG_20230321_161302.jpg
    FJIMG_20230321_161302.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 64
  • FJIMG_20230321_161232.jpg
    FJIMG_20230321_161232.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 64
  • FJIMG_20230321_161308.jpg
    FJIMG_20230321_161308.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 54

therevverend

Veteran
Awesome looks great. I've always wanted to try Slurricane but I haven't been able to convince myself that a pack of seeds is worth $250. Looks how I thought it would, crystal on top of crystal coated in crystal. I figured it wouldn't be a big yielder, producing lots of small open clusters, that seems to be correct as well. That's not necessarily a bad thing outdoors. Super frosty stuff will tend to mold but lots of smaller airy nugs will survive where dense nugs will rot. The smell and potency are no doubt fantastic.

Sucks you're getting hammered by the weather. As close as those nugs are I'd probably take a few of the bigger tops that are more likely to mold, leaving the smaller stuff to finish all the way. Nothing worse then having the weather decide when your plants are done but that's part of being a farmer.

St. Phatty

Can't wait till I pay off my HELOC and can pay more for Internet.

I refuse to let the Internet companies mess up my budget, so right now,
* No pictures for me
* No news websites that auto-load videos - or use one-frame videos as images.

Almost ALL the news websites auto-load videos.

Jayden7676

Awesome looks great. I've always wanted to try Slurricane but I haven't been able to convince myself that a pack of seeds is worth $250. Looks how I thought it would, crystal on top of crystal coated in crystal. I figured it wouldn't be a big yielder, producing lots of small open clusters, that seems to be correct as well. That's not necessarily a bad thing outdoors. Super frosty stuff will tend to mold but lots of smaller airy nugs will survive where dense nugs will rot. The smell and potency are no doubt fantastic.

Sucks you're getting hammered by the weather. As close as those nugs are I'd probably take a few of the bigger tops that are more likely to mold, leaving the smaller stuff to finish all the way. Nothing worse then having the weather decide when your plants are done but that's part of being a farmer.
That's absolutely correct bud this pheno wasn't as good as my last in struture however is way more caked , I'd very much pick platnum zooks over slurrycane as it tanked the weather so well 0 mold just as frosty and nice full colas, this was my other pheno of slurry , , funny you say that because 3 days time going to chop down the top colas just to be safe, have some 3 degree Celsius nights coming up want to get them in before harvest , did find 2 more calexes that were browning today so for sure will be pushing it

Attachments

• IMG_20210716_111709_145.jpg
    12.4 MB · Views: 34

therevverend

Veteran
Yep when I was looking over their catalog I was thinking the platinum and slurrycane hybrids would probably yield just as much and likely yield more. Forget the one I zeroed in on, snowcane or something similar, if it was the old days I'd snag it. The price for ganja has dropped so much I couldn't justify spending that much on a single pack with other breeders selling packs of stuff that's probably as good for under $100.

I prefer cold weather at harvest time, if it's dry. I've found mold prefers mild warm wet weather. Once the temperature drops below 16.5 degrees C as a high, the botrytis struggles, the colder the better. It will still grow but at a slow pace. My ideal temperature is no humidity, over 20 degrees C for the high, down to 1 degrees C as a low, right at harvest time. I don't mind the cold as long as it doesn't cause a hard frost that destroys plant tissue. Of course below a high of 16 degrees C is going to slow down the plants and if it's wet powdery mildew can become an issue.